Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Jordan Williams: Sounds about the par for us. Returned after serious injury - not played a huge amount. Will probably be inexpensive and will be a last-minute replacement for Tex.
  • Look like a signing instead of Bielik from Arsenal, can play holding midfield and central defence
  • Stig said:

I've just skipped 40 pages of this thread, have I missed anything?

Rumours that Holmes and Pearce going on loan to Bromley
    Incorrect, they are going shopping in Bromley.
  • I'm not knocking these players and long term they may be decent acquisitions BUT we will not get into the play off's relying on kids who have played no league games, or next to no league games, and having a fair few number in the squad too. It will take them a while to adapt to League One football and by the nature of it they will be inconsistent.
    Not what you need if you are serious about a promotion charge and our transfer dealings suggest we are not.
  • edited January 2017
    So who is this Deadline Dayfrom we have been associated with?

He can't be any good because I can't find a Youtube video.
  • Cawley tweeting that Stephy dependent on Ajose moving temporarily
  • Cawley tweeting that Stephy dependent on Ajose moving temporarily

Would suggest Mavididi in and Ajose out being our only deals today would it not?
  • I'm not knocking these players and long term they may be decent acquisitions BUT we will not get into the play off's relying on kids who have played no league games, or next to no league games, and having a fair few number in the squad too. It will take them a while to adapt to League One football and by the nature of it they will be inconsistent.
    Not what you need if you are serious about a promotion charge and our transfer dealings suggest we are not.

If Tex is off Williams is a smallish inexperienced CH cover, so not sure why he is here. Injuries leave us thin at the back but we have just renewed Tyrell Thomas loan to Woking where he is their best player. Why? Who is making these decisions. Doubt KR has seen either play.
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:

We're SO crap at this transfer window deadline. Same mistakes, year on year. £11m in the bank. 6 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. Leave it until next year and we'll be fighting relegation.

I'm not having that - Daisy keeps saying that they have learnt from their mistakes
  • as soon as you get a bit of joy with the club them fuckers so quickly bring you crashing back to earth.
  • Roger Johnson isn't going anywhere now, he is now conveniently injured, Gillingham wanted him.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Soooooo....#cafc set to bring in Stephy Mavididi and loan Nicky Ajose to Swindon Town

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/16498/transfer-update-charlton-close-arsenal-striker-ajose-set-swindon-town-return/

--------------------
    Stand down on RoJo. Gillingham were interested, but sounds as if he has an injury. No deal to be done.
  • hes gotta be slotting meire
  • hes gotta be slotting meire

Threesome with Naby Sarr?
  • Roger Johnson isn't going anywhere now, he is now conveniently injured, Gillingham wanted him.

Ruptured septum
  • He's probably well happy here, a nice wage for doing nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stand down on RoJo. Gillingham were interested, but sounds as if he has an injury. No deal to be done.

The last chance of some genuinely pleasing Deadline Day news drifts off into the distance. That bloke is like a particularly stubborn haemorrhoid.
  • grateful if anything gets officially announced on Ajose / Mavidididididi / any other, start a separate thread and free them from the rumour mill, thanks
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_d8W45YgN8

Looks like a decent young prospect...

Convenient for him
  • you'd think with Byrne and Holmes in the side we could start playing to Ajose's strengths. He has proved he can score goals at this level yet we are going to replace him with nothing more than a punt.

Completely agree. He's had 4 months, club's get criticised for giving manager's not enough time well this is the same imo. Unless there's something we don't know about but in that case why not just sell him rather than loan. Very strange situation.
  • tgarrat1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_d8W45YgN8

Looks like a decent young prospect...

the worst you tube player clips I think I have ever seen! Nailed on Driesen is behind this as @tgarrat1states
  • stonemuse said:

Roger Johnson isn't going anywhere now, he is now conveniently injured, Gillingham wanted him.

Convenient for him
    He'll continue to steal a living from us, until his contract expires.
  • like with all these young prospects, playing in the u21s/development league is all well and good but no where near as physical and demanding as league 1.