Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Ajose has looked out of his depth and not particularly bothered, let him go.

Typical rubbish modern day football fan statement. Player does not perform well at club, so must be because he was not particularly bothered and not because of any other reason (formations, players around him, not enough time to for the team to gel).

If only Ajose showed 'passion' he would be banging in a goal a game..
    I said looked, read before comment, typical rubbish statement.
    Don't make me stop this car.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

So basically it will be Diddly Squat and F All in then?

Patience as our manager would say.

Slade and Meire will do what is best for the club
    I respect your perseverance with the Slade joke. Not really been that funny but you're still going with it.
    209 lols say you're wrong : -)
    Jim Davidson says you're more wrong.
    Maybe, like you, he doesn't get irony :wink:
    Once again you need to Whoosh yourself.
  • edited January 2017

Ajose has looked out of his depth and not particularly bothered, let him go.

Typical rubbish modern day football fan statement. Player does not perform well at club, so must be because he was not particularly bothered and not because of any other reason (formations, players around him, not enough time to for the team to gel).

So you make a statement saying he looked out of his depth and not particularly bothered, but you didn't mean it? I am confused.
    se9addick said:

I think in this case it's a fair comment, Ajose really didn't seem committed and if you aren't banging then in (which he wasn't) then you better be contributing something else to the side.
    His role in the side is meant to be an off the shoulder striker, who feeds off lows ball behind the centre backs that he can run onto, or via quick low crosses that he can poach a goal from. What else is he meant to contribute? If he started dropping deep looking for the ball, or running the wide channels all the time he would not be playing to the tactics the manager had set up, is not playing to his strengths, and conversely could effect our chances of breaking down a team even more.

I guess most fans would rather he ran around like a headless chicken, then 'just walked back onside' though...
  • Ajose puts me in mind of a mascot left out on the pitch after kick off!

I believe we can and should do better but, that said, his calmly taken penalty saved a point at Gillingham and he has picked up a few other goals along the way too so not completely bad.
  • so were getting an arsenal loanee in and selling ajose back to swindon?
  • heard Slade call Ajose a lazy so and so during a game. Think his fitness is a problem as well "fit" with the other players at the club.
  • So a very well connected @Redhenry thinks that 2 loans will come in. I assume they will be the Arsenal kids.

This must surely mean that 2 loans go out? Ulvestad and Botaka?

So you make a statement saying he looked out of his depth and not particularly bothered, but you didn't mean it? I am confused.
    se9addick said:

I think in this case it's a fair comment, Ajose really didn't seem committed and if you aren't banging then in (which he wasn't) then you better be contributing something else to the side.
    His role in the side is meant to be an off the shoulder striker, who feeds off lows ball behind the centre backs that he can run onto, or via quick low crosses that he can poach a goal from. What else is he meant to contribute? If he started dropping deep looking for the ball, or running the wide channels all the time he would not be playing to the tactics the manager had set up, is not playing to his strengths, and conversely could effect our chances of breaking down a team even more.

I guess most fans would rather he ran around like a headless chicken, then 'just walked back onside' though...
    Your obviously easy confused. What I said was what I meant only he can say if he was bothered or not.

We are going to have to disagree, in modern football everybody has to contribute. Southend was the final nail in his coffin, yes played slightly out of his preferred position but he was hopeless and looked like he had nothing to contribute.

Game changed when he was subbed.
  • Sponsored links:

se9addick said:

Just to be clear - you think that Ajose was bringing a positive contribution to the team in his assigned role ? I'm not talking about charging up and down the pitch throwing tackles in, because you are correct that wasn't his job, but are you sure he was doing what he was asked to do ?

I think he wanted to be a central striker, failed to live up to his billing, got shunted out wide and failed to impress there too - hence we're trying to ditch him.
  • More dosh for Roland, talk of a sell-on fee for Carl Jenkinson if he moves
  • More dosh for Roland, talk of a sell-on fee for Carl Jenkinson if he moves

Cawley said there was a sell on fee but not what %

I'll stick my neck out and say undisclosed.

• Adebayor's gone to Istanbul Basaksehir so we can cross him off the list.
  • dickplumb said:

Anise?

Bless you.
  • colthe3rd said:

I respect your perseverance with the Slade joke. Not really been that funny but you're still going with it.
    But how many people wanted to click the 'Groan' button, only to find there isn't one?
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I get irony: nickel, like iron, is magnetic but manganese isn't, so nickel is more irony than manganese.
  • I've just skipped 40 pages of this thread, have I missed anything?
  • edited January 2017
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Just to be clear - you think that Ajose was bringing a positive contribution to the team in his assigned role ? I'm not talking about charging up and down the pitch throwing tackles in, because you are correct that wasn't his job, but are you sure he was doing what he was asked to do ?

I think he wanted to be a central striker, failed to live up to his billing, got shunted out wide and failed to impress there too - hence we're trying to ditch him.
    I am not saying he was bringing a positive contribution to the team, indeed, he wouldn't be in my current first 11. The point I am arguing is that the reason it has not worked out for him at Carlton is because of other mitigating factors - and not because he was not bothered, or thought he was 'billy big bollox'.

Fan negativity towards players, and the team as a whole, is not just isolated to Ajose of course. It really bugs me me that all to often fans are quick to bemoan a player for not being passionate, or argue that the team have been shit, when simply they have just been outplayed, or are just not good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

I've just skipped 40 pages of this thread, have I missed anything?

Ajose going back to Swindon. We're signing Yakubu on loan. Possibly the Arsenal kid on loan.
  • Stig said:

I've just skipped 40 pages of this thread, have I missed anything?

Rumours that Holmes and Pearce going on loan to Bromley
  • Anthony Barness seen on Charlton Park Lane by the pitches. Not sure what that means.
  • Fuck this shit - when is KM getting appointed to the FA?
  • Dizzle said:

Teixeira has joined Forest

very good
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Isn't Irony one of the countries on Donald Trump's banned list?
  • He's cheap so ideal for Charlton