Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

Anyone else surprised about these odds?
    I would have guessed around 8/1 I think.
    I guess Paddy hasn't been impressed by our window so far.
    Personally.... I'm having a little bet at those odds.

I got us at 20/1 a few weeks ago - does it count if we are promoted through play offs?
  • Ajose has looked out of his depth and not particularly bothered, let him go.

I'd quite like to see him given a chance in a system that suits him. But word is that even the players at the club don't rate him.
  • edited January 2017
    This is the problem with Karl, gave it the biggun with his "splashing the cash" comment 2 weeks ago and
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I don't think a lots gonna happen today 2 loans in, Ajose out. Would like to see Dawson come in. A swap deal with Novak was on the table for the last deadline day.

wouldn't have been possible would it as we'd only signed him during that window

It was and nearly happened!
    Touch of the Andry Gray's about Novak too me ..... Something doesn't seem quite right
  • Examples of players moving twice:

Martin Demichelis moved from Malaga to Atletico de Madrid in July 2013 for free and was transferred to Maanchester City that September for around £4m.
  • Not fussed about Ajose. I said it at the Bromley game in pre season - he isn't a Charlton type player and will frustrate. He looks lazy and bowls around like Billy Big Bollocks. He has had 1 good season in his career and thinks he has made it. HE doesn't fit into KR's plans

Mvadibidibbidybobbidyboo has been compared to Tammy Abraham who has been doing pretty bloody well at Bristol City so I'm incloined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
  • What are the odds he will score a load for Swindon now and probably against us next time we play them?
  • Found Ajose frustrating to watch but I think he found it frustrating to play.

We didn't play balls over the top or inside for him to run on to and we didn't create that many chances.

Against that he missed a lot of the good chances he got and moves often broke down when the ball reached him. He's not a wide player and his link up play was often poor.

So won't be unhappy to see him go.

Louis Mendez said that Slade didn't like him so why did he buy him? If he did buy him that is?

Not in KRs plan so better to sell and cut our losses.

A loan out would be yet another drain on wages as Swindon won't pay what we do.

I heard that Ajose was identified before Slade was appointed and the club had a bee in its bonnet about signing a 20 goal a season striker. As usual thinking that those stats of Nicky's at Swindon guaranteed the same for us.
  • 11:15AM. Just under 12 hours to go. On the edge of my chair...
  • Sponsored links:

• So basically it will be Diddly Squat and F All in then?

I think you will find that spelt Mavididi, not Diddly Squat.http://forum.charltonlife.com/

Patience as our manager would say.

Slade and Meire will do what is best for the club
  • Are we there yet ?

:smile:
  • Redrobo said:

One transfer I am praying for - KM back to Belgium!

I take that on board but would raise you, the transfer of the club to a caring and decent owner.
  • DA9 said:

sam3110 said:

Shame, it hasn't really worked out for him, but It's obvious when KR talks of Charlton people and having the right mentality to play for Charlton its a dig at Ajose

Not a dig, I don't think Ajoses' mentality has anything to do with it, he just does not fit with KR's formation and tactics.
    He was brought in to fit with Slades formations, not his fault KR was appointed, he scored 5 league & 1 EFL cup goal upto November under Slade & Nugent, and our solitary goal at the smallwall, KR just can't use him unless forced too.
    Not sure he did fit in with Slade's formations. Especially when Slade played one up front, which he seemed to quite often. He just hasn't clicked at all at Charlton. It happens. Best to take a hit if necesssary, and move on.
  • edited January 2017

Ajose has looked out of his depth and not particularly bothered, let him go.

Typical rubbish modern day football fan statement. Player does not perform well at club, so must be because he was not particularly bothered and not because of any other reason (formations, players around him, not enough time to for the team to gel).

If only Ajose showed 'passion' he would be banging in a goal a game..
    I said looked, read before comment, typical rubbish statement.
  • Sponsored links:

• I presume we made a down payment for Ajose which we'll lose, but the future payments will not be made.

Coveredend junior said Ajose was going back to Swindon weeks ago, together with a number of other signings, that ALL happened.
  • tgarrat1 said:

JamesSeed said:

Anyone else surprised about these odds?
    I would have guessed around 8/1 I think.
    I guess Paddy hasn't been impressed by our window so far.
    Personally.... I'm having a little bet at those odds.

I got us at 20/1 a few weeks ago - does it count if we are promoted through play offs?
    If the bet was just for promotion then yes. 20/1 I'd take for sure right now (I took 14/1).
  • Ajose has looked out of his depth and not particularly bothered, let him go.

Typical rubbish modern day football fan statement. Player does not perform well at club, so must be because he was not particularly bothered and not because of any other reason (formations, players around him, not enough time to for the team to gel).

If only Ajose showed 'passion' he would be banging in a goal a game..
    I think in this case it's a fair comment, Ajose really didn't seem committed and if you aren't banging then in (which he wasn't) then you better be contributing something else to the side.
  • I presume we made a down payment for Ajose which we'll lose, but the future payments will not be made.

Coveredend junior said Ajose was going back to Swindon weeks ago, together with a number of other signings, that ALL happened.

no doubt that would have happened. I would guess KR was told he had to sell to buy, so looking to offload Ajose permanently rather than just a loan.

I respect your perseverance with the Slade joke. Not really been that funny but you're still going with it.

no doubt that would have happened. I would guess KR was told he had to sell to buy, so looking to offload Ajose permanently rather than just a loan.
    Yet Katrien has had all of January but can't offload him.
  • colthe3rd said:

So basically it will be Diddly Squat and F All in then?

I respect your perseverance with the Slade joke. Not really been that funny but you're still going with it.
    209 lols say you're wrong : -)
  • colthe3rd said:

Jim Davidson says you're more wrong.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Jim Davidson says you're more wrong.
    Maybe, like you, he doesn't get irony :wink: