Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• So then, deadline day has arrived.

What are people expecting today?
    Both headcount wise and individuals?
    Ins or outs?
    What positions?

Bit of a dance maybe
    All the players getting involved
    They put their left foot in, their left foot out
    Then they'll shake it all about
  • One first teamer out plus a couple of U23s out on loan.

Loan in from Arsenal
  • Am I right in thinking rumour-wise the only one that seems to have any legs going into today is the Stephy Mavididi one?
  • Anyone else surprised about these odds?
    I would have guessed around 8/1 I think.
    I guess Paddy hasn't been impressed by our window so far.
    Personally.... I'm having a little bet at those odds.
  • I think MKD may decide to sell Reeves. They are not going up or down so may as well get some money in. IF that happens I think he will be the only permanent signing.

Lack of rumours as to any other of our players leaving seems a bit quiet, but then we are in a shit league. Tex is said to being touted by us and I would think he would be the only player from our 1st team to leave. Others may leave from the squad, but only Tex would be replaced like for like.

I expect a loan striker in, and the Arsenal lad seems the likely one. Jason must make us a look a good club to lend youth players too, and I would wager that he played a part in identifying who could do a job for us. One thing you know about an Arsenal youth player - he will have pace and be able to pass.

I think Robbo would like a winger, and if Reeves does not move I think he will have to make do.
  • Valley11 said:

Really liked Gatting. Him and Webster were a cracking CB pairing. Happy memories of a pretty average, mid table team. Funny how the premier league years raised expectations. We were always happy with bobbing about in the championship.

For those two seasons we were a bit better than average, before we had to sell Robert Lee.
  • I hope to see Tex stay till end of the season, the message he sent out on twitter after the millwall game showed he was bothered by what people thought of him and under KR seems to be enjoying playing again.
    Imagine a few of the under 23s will go out on loan and no one coming in
  • Sponsored links:

• Out
    Ulvestad back to Burnley.

Ba and RoJo will have contracts cancelled just after window closes I reckon.

Some U23's on loan

In
    The Arsenal boy upfront on loan.

Reeves on a permanent

Will Grigg and Kermy are rumoured to be all but done at some point by Bexleydan but we just can't finalise them before the deadline

I would suggest any contracts would be cancelled today or they wouldn't be able to find a new club until the summer.

They may attempt to flog Ba in the summer instead, and may keep Big Rog as cover, especially if Tex goes
  • Halix said:

Usually very reliable this guy..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Williams_(footballer)

"In March 2016, during a Europa League match between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford, a tweet was sent from Williams' Twitter account mocking the Munich Air Disaster. Williams claimed his Twitter account had been hacked, he apologised and deleted his account. Liverpool confirmed they would look into the matter.[10]"
    I'm not sure a 21 year old CB with little experience is exactly what we need at the moment
    Tex is off and Johnson is a no. Pearce is bound to be another Charlton injury, I.e never seen again. I did hope that with 11M+ in the bank we might see more experienced and permanent signings though.
    What £11m, thats in Belgium now?
    Kind of my point.
  • Ben18 said:

Out

Some U23's on loan

In

Reeves on a permanent

Will Grigg and Kermy are rumoured to be all but done at some point by Bexleydan but we just can't finalise them before the deadline

I would suggest any contracts would be cancelled today or they wouldn't be able to find a new club until the summer.

They may attempt to flog Ba in the summer instead, and may keep Big Rog as cover, especially if Tex goes
    Doesn't matter does it? Any "free agents" (or unemployed as normal people would call them) can join a club outside the windows, can't they?
    But it still makes no sense really. If we wanted rid and couldn't get a buyer the contracts could have been cancelled any time.
  • If you have to pay them, you may as well keep them. You never know, you may need them.
  • cafcfan said:

Ben18 said:

Out

Some U23's on loan

In

Reeves on a permanent

Doesn't matter does it? Any "free agents" (or unemployed as normal people would call them) can join a club outside the windows, can't they?
    But it still makes no sense really. If we wanted rid and couldn't get a buyer the contracts could have been cancelled any time.
    They can't play for another club until the next transfer window. Like Dean Cox leaving Orient
  • cafcfan said:

Ben18 said:

Out

Some U23's on loan

In

Reeves on a permanent

no, a player can only join a club if they were a free agent during the window, like Dean Cox
  • My prediction ... be prepared to be underwhelmed. #ThisIsCharlton
  • If Bradford or any other Club meets Charlton's asking price Ajose will be gone.
  • An Arsenal loaned like Sanogo or Frimping then no, an arsenal loaned like Coquelin then yes.
    Ulvestad and Johnson to leave yes, Rudd to stay yes.
    Texieras to stay yes.
    A proper signing like a goalscorer or a midfielder like Reeves yes.
    Some fringe players out on decent loans, like Kennedy to Doncaster, or Archie Edwards to Wycombe would be good to get them more experience.
    Oh, and Kashi to make a recovery and pressure Crofts for a place in the team.
    The above is simply what I would like to see today, not rumours of any kind.
  • dickplumb said:

If Bradford or any other Club meets Charlton's asking price Ajose will be gone.

I'm wondering if KR is poised to buy, but is being told he can't unless he unloads one or two?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

Out

Some U23's on loan

In

Reeves on a permanent

Hadn't realised that. That is a terrible rule. What's the point of it?
  • cafcfan said:

Ben18 said:

Out

Some U23's on loan

In

Reeves on a permanent

As others said they have to be cancelled in the window otherwise the player can't play until the next window.

And contracts can't just be cancelled by the club at any time.

That has to be agreed with the player and normally involves paying them a proportion of the value of the contract.

Johnson only has 6 months left so he's most likely better off sitting on the deal he has. Unlikely to get as much in wages anywhere else.

Same with BA re his wages but he still has 18 months. club could just let that run down or take a hit now to get him off the books but Ba entitled to hold on to what he signed up for.
  • _MrDick said:

My prediction ... be prepared to be underwhelmed. #ThisIsCharlton

You will need to be expecting something in order to be underwhelmed.

I expect one loan signing in, the striker from Arsenal.

Ajose leaving does not bother me.

Sincerely hope I am not underwhelmed!
  • dickplumb said:
    This is also on Transfer Centre Live - usually pretty reliable.
  • And on BBC
  • Ajose out - Didiboom in
    Ulvestad out - Bielik in
    - ? In

Ba & RoJo gone tomorrow.
  • Probably for a fraction of what we paid for him
  • Not really paid much attention to this over the last few weeks, as it's quite clear we have no intention of properly strengthening the squad.

Have we had the traditional £1m+ bid for Max Gradel/Jonson Clarke-Harris/etc that demonstrates our Chairman's ambition and willingness to splash the cash, but unfortunately doesn't quite make it over the line so we just bring another loan player in instead?
  • Shame, it hasn't really worked out for him, but It's obvious when KR talks of Charlton people and having the right mentality to play for Charlton its a dig at Ajose