Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Simon E said:

stonemuse said:

Roger Johnson isn't going anywhere now, he is now conveniently injured, Gillingham wanted him.

Convenient for him
    He'll continue to steal a living from us, until his contract expires.
    Don't think he can blamed as much as the idiot(s) who signed him not once but twice...!
  • tgarrat1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_d8W45YgN8

Looks like a decent young prospect...

the worst you tube player clips I think I have ever seen! Nailed on Driesen is behind this as @tgarrat1states
    You have to worry when a players 'highlights' YouTube video contains clips of him losing the ball.

That being said, he looks more mobile than I envisioned. Probably bagged Driesen some goals on Football Manager.
  • like with all these young prospects, playing in the u21s/development league is all well and good but no where near as physical and demanding as league 1.

Very true which is why Arsenal and other clubs (Chelsea and Dasilva) want to get their kids out on loan to football league clubs.
  • like with all these young prospects, playing in the u21s/development league is all well and good but no where near as physical and demanding as league 1.

Very true which is why Arsenal and other clubs (Chelsea and Dasilva) want to get their kids out on loan to football league clubs.
    its a win win for roland and her, were bringing players in and not spending a penny apart from on wages.
  • tgarrat1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_d8W45YgN8

Looks like a decent young prospect...

the worst you tube player clips I think I have ever seen! Nailed on Driesen is behind this as @tgarrat1states
    Glad you said it. I was minute in and thinking "he's only scroed a penalty"! He dances around a lot and runs into the corner flags quite a bit....
  • That was one hell of a video. Never mind, in our scouting system we trust

its a win win for roland and her, were bringing players in and not spending a penny apart from on wages.
    Wouldn't count on that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very cryptic Henry......more to come?
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

So basically it will be Diddly Squat and F All in then?

Patience as our manager would say.

Slade and Meire will do what is best for the club
    I respect your perseverance with the Slade joke. Not really been that funny but you're still going with it.
    209 lols say you're wrong : -)
    Jim Davidson says you're more wrong.
    Maybe, like you, he doesn't get irony :wink:
    Isn't Irony one of the countries on Donald Trump's banned list?
    Quality.
  • Very cryptic Henry......more to come?

Sorry, I meant that a loan isn't always just wages, sometimes there is a fee too although not so likely with kids
  • cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

He's cheap so ideal for Charlton

Not to mention young and completely inexperienced. Basically, the sort of player you should be going for if you're on Shrewsbury Town's budget and aspirations, not the sort of player you'd bring in if you were trying to "build a squad capable of challenging for promotion" (Quote K Meire, April 2016).
    I liken our transfer policy to my clothes shopping. Occasionally I will go out and spend £100 plus on a pair of jeans because I know it's the right thing to do if you want quality and have any chance of looking the part, but most of the time I'll be skulking round the t-shirt racks of tk maxx buying £15 dodgy brand name shirts that don't fit me properly, just because I'm trying to save money. I convince myself I look okay, but then I go out with it on and feel uncomfortable compared to all my mates who have better fitted attire and look trendy.

I just look like a c*** with ill fitting clothing and have to get hammered to forget my miserable presence.

Something similar is happening at se7
    Love that.....only because you've just described my own shopping habits!
  • edited January 2017

like with all these young prospects, playing in the u21s/development league is all well and good but no where near as physical and demanding as league 1.

If Lookman had been on Arsenals books I would suggest he would also be in their under 21's yet was clearly good enough for League 1. Lets give the boy a chance shall we?
    lets and will be one of the reasons why we havent gone up this season because of the constant pissing about by skinflint.

wasnt writing him off just saying hes young and not experienced in this league, challenges are a lot harder in this league etc.
  • Not a Charlton rumour but news just in Kevin Nolan has just signed himself for Notts County; hows that for a free transfer
  • edited January 2017

Very cryptic Henry......more to come?

Sorry, I meant that a loan isn't always just wages, sometimes there is a fee too although not so likely with kids
    Doubt it will be the case for a player they're looking to get league experience for. In fact, we might not even be paying anything in wages, particularly if he surpasses a certain number of appearances.

Right now I think we need a 2nd/3rd choice lone center forward who is strong and mobile. I think a loan makes sense here actually. Ideally it wouldn't be an untried 18 year old, but again we're talking a 3rd choice player (maybe fourth choice if Watt continues to be an option in the lone forward role) when Magennis is back. At the weekend KR suggest getting in a player who can play as a forward or play wide, and I'm wondering if Mavididi can play wide as well.

As for our youngsters, I suggest that they'd be better off going out on loan at the moment as well. Hanlan seems to be doing well at Bromley, and it'd be great if Umerah and KAG could find League Two clubs until the end of the season. All three really need games in proper football or I fear they risk stagnating. If they stick around they might get on the bench on occasion, maybe even get a couple appearances, but it will be far from regular games.
  • Not a Charlton rumour but news just in Kevin Nolan has just signed himself for Notts County; hows that for a free transfer

The negotiations went on a while I heard, he had a long discussion about where he saw himself playing.
  • cafc999 said:

supaclive said:

We're SO crap at this transfer window deadline. Same mistakes, year on year. £11m in the bank. 6 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. Leave it until next year and we'll be fighting relegation.

I'm not having that - Daisy keeps saying that they have learnt from their mistakes
    That's exactly it - they've learned how to make the same mistakes time and time again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roger Johnson isn't going anywhere now, he is now conveniently injured, Gillingham wanted him.

Dislocated his jaw :smiley:

If Lookman had been on Arsenals books I would suggest he would also be in their under 21's yet was clearly good enough for League 1. Lets give the boy a chance shall we?
    lets and will be one of the reasons why we havent gone up this season because of the constant pissing about by skinflint.

wasnt writing him off just saying hes young and not experienced in this league, challenges are a lot harder in this league etc.
    Okay doke; I myself reckon he will do well. Two of the last three loans from Arsenal have gone back straight into their team. Not saying he will do the same but heres hoping he does impress that much.
  • Never mind, we're all enjoying L1 aren't we?
  • Williams deal finally mentioned on SSNHQ
  • Pronounced wrongly, but again on SSNHQ Josh Umerah joining Kilmarnock on loan til the end of the season
  • That Arsenal lad sure knows how to win a free kick.
    Supposed to be quite physical. Good movement and quite a handful for defenders.

Seems to be able to play wide and through the middle.
    Not so sure about all the Calli_Messi stepovers.

Raw 18 year old though.
    Could be a useful player to throw on for the last 15 minutes if we're chasing the game.

Yes. And Slade being so negative with his team selection and tactics (although he did good stuff behind the scenes).
    Too many draws.
  • If we get a sell on fee for Jenkinson, will this be our most profitable transfer window since the summer we sold Darren Bent?