Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    The trouble is that by the time we get our better players fit and bring in any new signings we will be so far behind that we won't be able to catch up.
    Yet another season wasted by meire's total incompetence
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    Phillips again pulled off some good saves.
  • Options

Everyone else including Fox had a half decent game; its just that Fox has a habit of playing the ball in the wrong direction

Lolololololololol.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Everybody was a decent average except dear old Morgan and Ajose who I thought were poor along with Crofts.

It's the same 3 dragging us down nearly every week, plus Foley in midfield, Novak & JJ, when they play.

Replace these guys with someone better & we'll start challenging.
  • Options

The trouble is that by the time we get our better players fit and bring in any new signings we will be so far behind that we won't be able to catch up.

we're just 6 point off a play off spot .. admittedly we are dependant on the teams above us dropping points .. BUT .. 6 points is not insurmountable .. I maintain that our squad, even before any reinforcements, is one of the strongest in this division .. ALL (admittedly a big all) it needs is good management and a pattern so that it can play to its strengths
    I see where you're coming from Lincs but by the time Holmes ,Kashi etc are match fit and by the time we sign anybody worth while we could be 10 or 12 points adrift.
    Most teams are strengthened in the summer, but with these clowns in charge we are not like most teams
  • Options
    Tex mom, followed by Phillips, then Aribo. Fox needs a rest, poor lad. Just very harsh the abuse he gets, even though he had a mare at times today.

Ajose did lots of runs off the ball, but the midfield never found him. Never had any time on the ball.

No pattern first half, better second.

Overall, much better than Mill performance, but only due to Phillips keeping them in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

If Robinson persists with this formation (4-2-3-1) then I genuinely worry that our season will fade out, we need to pick the best formation for the players we have, not the other way round. Ajose's only quality is (possibly) scoring goals, if we aren't going to play him through the middle then we just shouldn't play him and start with Botaka instead.

The beginning of the end for Slade was the supporters chanting "4-4-2" at Oxford away, if Robinson doesn't drop this ridiculous formation he'll find himself in similar circumstances.

Shout outs to Aribo & Chickeson who had great games and look like exciting prospects. Phillips is starting to look very assured at this level and I doubt a centre back in this league will play as well as Tex this entire Christmas period.

No problem
    Rd email in the morning will explain the 4-4-2 to karl
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Fox receives ball

*tense silence*

Fox plays slide-rule pass to one side of Magennis

*Oh for fu...*

Magennis gets to ball first

*tense silence*

Magennis miscontrols ball, possession is lost

*F**K OFF FOX YOU USELESS C**T*

It's absolutely f**king pathetic by this point. I wish I could boo some of our supporters

I completely agree,

some of what was shouted at him today for no real reason was embarrassing, Ajose and Crofts were worse and got nothing (although I suspect if/when Morgan does go Ajose will be the next in line for supporter abuse)
  • Options

we're just 6 point off a play off spot .. admittedly we are dependant on the teams above us dropping points .. BUT .. 6 points is not insurmountable .. I maintain that our squad, even before any reinforcements, is one of the strongest in this division .. ALL (admittedly a big all) it needs is good management and a pattern so that it can play to its strengths
    That's the spirit lincs you can now get 7/1 top 6 and 25/1 for promotion
  • Options
    On Ajose's performance today he would deserve it.
  • Options
    What is it with booing and slagging players off.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    clb74 said:

What is it with booing and slagging players off.

It goes back centuries mate at theatres / music halls when the audience felt short changed with a crap performance from either the whole or certain individuals of the cast. :wink:
  • Options
    Decent game which each sides had their periods on top. Thought their goal was a bit against the run of play but then they did dominate for long periods in both halves. They will be kicking themselves for not winning but we had our spells as well; particularly the spell when we had a few corners, Aribo hit the bar and Fox pulled off a great save for their keeper.

Overall a fair result; the fact they gave MoM to their Goalkeeper must say something.
  • Options
    Was at the game and cant believe people are saying we didnt deserve a draw. Their goal was the only real chance of the game... And watch our players get pulled around for the corner that led to their goal.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Maybe it's because I was in the Southend crowd at the other end so had a better view, but the two chances they had to finish us off were absolutely golden. Especially the second one, where the striker had two or three touches to ready himself. Their keeper made a couple of saves, sure, but they absolutely should have won this game comfortably.

I don't mean to be negative, but a good finish can't gloss over that we were fortunate to be in with a chance of taking a point. We did well to get it when we went for it, the substitutions especially worked. But there were long stints of this game where we were shockingly poor, and Southend must be kicking themselves.

You sure you were there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Positives:

90th min equaliser
    Joe Aribo's performance (Refreshing to see such positive play from a Charlton player)
    New ground for me

Thought we were lucky to get a draw in the end.

Both teams missed ridiculous amount of chances.
  • Options
    Completely agree Fox doesn't deserve the booing. I didn't see anything which deserved it and if anybody, then aim it at Ajose. Ulvestad positioning for set pieces was poor and Aribo also struggled with this early on and that's poor management. We at least deserved a draw. Happy new year.
  • Options
    Meant to add really encouraged by the performances of Aribo and Phillips. Phillips made a couple of very good saves and his kicking was much more accurate than we have ever had from a keeper for donkey years.
    Fox is the fans scapegoat but actually had a decent game today. I hate to think the abuse he would have got had he had such a poor game game as Konsa or as been ineffective as Macgennis for their goal.
    Crofts poor, except his goal. Ajose played out of position, why? He is not a winger and Macgennis got isolated at times.

KR got it wrong with the formation, particularly on our right where they had most of their joy. However the subs were good. Botaka and KAG both made a difference.
  • Options

Was at the game and cant believe people are saying we didnt deserve a draw. Their goal was the only real chance of the game... And watch our players get pulled around for the corner that led to their goal.

Other than Phillips' several saves?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Thought we deserved a point at least... First 15 minutes we were pretty much in control. After they scored, they finished the half the stronger side. It was a well placed shot but can't help but think Phillips will be disappointed with his effort. 2nd half we regained control and but for a string of saves and some bad luck we were unlucky not to score before we did.

As for the treatment of Fox, he is far too inconsistent and for me, is lucky to have started games ahead of Chicksen (when we have had better team availability that is). I can't help but get frustrated by his poor decision making and mis-directed passes. He also doesn't show, to me, a real "to die for the cause/attitude" and hence I am not surprised he gets the reactions that he does. At the end of the day, football divides opinions and if you have made the effort, especially away, to go and support the team, I can't blame people for venting their anger or frustration. Add in a dose of the toxic atmosphere that our careless/stubborn owner and his side kick have created, then the resulting anger is easily triggered. If we can get money for him, let him go and do a Simon Francis and prove all his critics wrong, me included.