Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch inspection *GAME CALLED OFF*

Comments

• Options
    lookie on
  • Options
    Come on Lookie!
  • Options
    Move on.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Fecks sake. Told Latrien months ago what to do. Place a table loaded up with vol au vents in the Cupboard End penalty area, then release Perks and other flunkies and lickspittles from traps set up in the Jimmy Seed penalty area. Hey Presto! a mad race to get their snout in the trough...pitch defrosted!

D'acore

I can't believe that, following the usual cover of night mid week action, it would have still have been hard.

Edit - I meant the centre circle of course.
  • Options
    Get in Coleman !
  • Options
    Toooffffeeeesssss
  • Options
    There must be an open ended pipe somewhere ready to connect to the boiler. Couldn't the SMT simply blow down it? They're not normally short of hot air.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hex said:

JamesSeed said:

Anyone able to get any weather readings of last Saturday lunchtime compared to now?

Just been out for a paper, sunny, + temperatures and doesn't even feel that cold

In proper anorak style...
    Last Saturday

Today
    Where were those measurements taken?
    The nearest official stations are Gravesend and St James Park. There are a number of PWS in the area but none reflect those readings.
    Nearest weather station to The Valley is London City Airport.

It was bloody cold in SE7 early this morning - but it was hardly a surprise. And if you install pipes but can't be bothered to finish the job off, don't be surprised if nobody believes your excuses.
    Like the builders from Fawlty Towers. Half a job.
  • Options
    I bet a lot of chips went to waste!
  • Options
    Tavern said:

Two outlets in each stand would suggest 112

• Options
    OK. Be honest...

How many of you would be calling this an act of genius if Chris Powell was still the manager?
  • Options

OK. Be honest...

How many of you would be calling this an act of genius if Chris Powell was still the manager?

Wouldn't have happened though would it.
    Not under Powell, Curbs, Lennie, Mullery etc etc.
    Anyway, most posters are slating the owners not the manager.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Tavern said:

ok so that means they would have sold 2 lots of 14 chips in each stand total of 112?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Staying away from this one.
    Good evening to all my friends in SE9 ;)
  • Options

OK. Be honest...

None
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Tavern said:

Addickted said:

Tavern said:

ok so that means they would have sold 2 lots of 14 chips in each stand total of 112?

Tavern said:

Addickted said:

Tavern said:

Feck me Tav.

Those accountancy exams are paying off.
  • Options
    If it is true then it shows how low the club is sinking. Agreed, we have crucial players out but you go with what you are dealt. There is such a thing as karma. Not good at all if true, which sounds very likely.
  • Options
    There is no doubt in my mind that had this game gone ahead we would have been soundly beaten.
    Our best central defenders are all injured or suspended, our forwards are also injured or unfit.

Thanks for the sub zero temperatures. Maybe somebody turned on the sprinkler system last night by mistake. If so well done.
  • Options

OK. Be honest...

Powell would have had too much class and respect for the supporters to pull a stunt like this, if it is true.
    Really?

Charlton v Barnsley 11th January 2014...
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Called it yesterday that it would be called off. A mixture of no boilers, many injuries and cold weather was always going to be a factor in no game occurring.

The Football League normally want these games rearranged as quickly as possible so it could be arranged for Tuesday week (31st Jan) or the 21st Feb.

With Rochdale and Oldham away in February on Tuesday nights, there is no guarantee those will take place that month, which could lead to a backlog of fixtures and us playing twice a week for a while.

Anyone remember New Years Day 2003 when West Ham pleaded with the ref to call of the fixture due a mixture of poor weather, poor form and injuries. It bit them on the arse 3 weeks later when we beat them.

Let's hope Karma does not strike on us when we play Scunthorpe in the rearranged game.

Next time can you message me 150. Mile round trip for naff alll
  • Options

OK. Be honest...

Powell would have had too much class and respect for the supporters to pull a stunt like this, if it is true.
    Really?

Charlton v Barnsley 11th January 2014...
    Yeah really, what's your point?

"https://youtu.be/Wg7lqxiR2Lc"

Look at the state of the pitch in the video.