Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pitch inspection *GAME CALLED OFF*

Comments

• Welling is off, was going to go to that, then looked at VCD Athletic and that's off too
  • se9addick said:

Welling is off, was going to go to that, then looked at VCD Athletic and that's off too

I'll be at Hendon v Sudbury....3G pitch.
  • I've just EMailed the Club.

150kw boiler should suffice to keep the frost off - about £4.5k

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/ideal-evomax-commercial-wall-hung-condensing-regular-boiler/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing Shopping - All Products - No Negs&utm_term=1100608002351
  • se9addick said:

Welling is off, was going to go to that, then looked at VCD Athletic and that's off too

Shame, I was gonna suggest you met Dickie in Danson Park......
  • We should be fined for having under soil heating if we have it and the game called off.
  • To be fair, ebbfleet have a bloody good groundsman. No way their game would be off
  • se9addick said:

I actually had a look at Dulwich Hamlet as that's where I normally go when Charlton aren't on but thought I'd give it a swerve after I saw who they were playing !
  • Just leaving charlton to return home. Some fans just got off the train and no idea game is off....I assume game was called off early due to distance of opposition. Lots of games called off early today...from teams in the south playing northern based teams. Sun is shining now.
  • edited January 2017
    LenGlover said:

Are either Ebbslfleet, Dartford or Welling at home today and has their games been called off?

Ebbsfleet, Blackheath RFC, Dagenham and Redbridge and East Thurrock are all playing.
    The game at the Meridian is on! -6 overnight my arse. It was colder last week. They didn't want to play. End of.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

If you've ever had a single storey extension done on a house you have the footings/groundwork/preparation all done as if you are going to have a second storey built on top at some point in the future. Last thing you want to do is to have to dig it all out and start again. You may never have it done as its expensive. Think the under soil pipework was done with the same thought - if we ever reach the premier league we don't want to dig it all up and start again. If rules do not stipulate you have to use it below the PL then you don't have to use it. Would rather the boiler money go on players/team development until it has to be done. I want a change of ownership as much as most people - but none of this seems unreasonable IMO. And, don't think its a conspiracy or contrived so we don't play today - just extremely cold weather in the valley - but I'm glad its going to be postponed so we can, hopefully, get some players back.

This is true but you wouldn't go round bragging that you had a second storey and then when your mates came round, say it just needs some walls and a roof but the prep us there.
    Under soil heating pipes being installed would suggest that we have under soil heating when they should of said that work was being done to future proof the pitch. No mention of under soil heating. It's just spin. Just another reason not to believe anything that comes out of the club
  • cafc-west said:

Two good videos on YouTube now explaining the decision and all the precautions taken. The groundsman explaining why the undersoil pipes are there but no bolier (as not a requiremnent outside the premier league). The referee explaining how the pitch is solid in parts and unplayable. The conspiracy lovers will still find a reason to doubt.

It may not be a requirement outside of the PL but sureoynit would have made sense to have fitted it when the pitch work was carried out.
    After all, we've heard enough times that Uncle Roland saved the club by sorting out the pitch.
  • temp on dashboard was showing -4 at 9am this morning in Herts! So it has been and is cold!
  • Perhaps we could sign a network boiler while the January window is still open.
  • clb74 said:

Ffs just rang the wife been told going down the gym to sort out membership.
    Normally don't have a problem with the owners but now
    Tossers

They are taking the p$ss just been down the gym got told because of the size of you you will have to pay for two
  • Then again it would probably break down by half time.
  • If you aren't happy, boycott the replay - let them know it's not good enough. We are supposed to be a professional football club running a multi-million pound business. We look like decidedly amateurish at times. If this has been contrived to postpone the match, we need a huge fine in order to get Dozy's attention.
  • Not sure QPR's pitch is bathed in sunshine or a million miles away.

Lets not find excuses if we have US Heating why wasnt it used.

If we dont have US Heating why are we not clearer about it.

If we sort of have it prepared but not quite why have the 'millions pumped in' not been used to finished the project?

If the CEO thought we had it but turns out we dont how is she a CEO?

If the manager tells EK Addicks the game will be on, panic over. What happened Karl?

And if I need to wake up and realise we are in the Third Division, I am very much aware, just angry that it is the richest man in the clubs long history that took me there.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I actually had a look at Dulwich Hamlet as that's where I normally go when Charlton aren't on but thought I'd give it a swerve after I saw who they were playing !
    Get yourself down the gym and pump some iron :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• If they wanted it on, it would have been on.
  • I don't think not busting a gut to get a game on when you have an injury crisis is a big deal in that context.

Exactly this. Credit where's it due - well played (excuse the pun) CAFC

• JonnyK said:

We are fast becoming the laughing stock of English football.
    Utter f###ing shambles of a club

Straw poll - I've messaged a number of my pals who support other clubs and they still have a high regard for CAFC as there are plenty of other clubs with 'unusual' owners.

You appear to enjoy CAFC bad news stories.
    Not at all mate.
    But since these clowns took over there has been a serious shortage of good news stories
  • @Redmidland Will there be a 'no match' thread?

• @Addick Addict match thread has also been called off......I have a cold!!!
  • Just a guess, but imagine if there had been exactly the same weather conditions at the end of last week - and with the decent sized crowd expected v Millwall - somehow the pitch would still have been perfectly playable come Saturday morning.

When I was at the ticket office last Saturday, I saw them wheeling back a very large set of heat lamps.
  • Called it yesterday that it would be called off. A mixture of no boilers, many injuries and cold weather was always going to be a factor in no game occurring.

The Football League normally want these games rearranged as quickly as possible so it could be arranged for Tuesday week (31st Jan) or the 21st Feb.

With Rochdale and Oldham away in February on Tuesday nights, there is no guarantee those will take place that month, which could lead to a backlog of fixtures and us playing twice a week for a while.

Anyone remember New Years Day 2003 when West Ham pleaded with the ref to call of the fixture due a mixture of poor weather, poor form and injuries. It bit them on the arse 3 weeks later when we beat them.

Let's hope Karma does not strike on us when we play Scunthorpe in the rearranged game.
  • @Addick Addict match thread has also been called off......I have a cold!!!

Why are you pestering Addick Addict?