Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch inspection *GAME CALLED OFF*

Comments

• Options

What could be better, the mighty reds not losing today and I think I will watch CP v Everton (sorry can't bring myself to even type their name!) on the firestick 'thingy' that my son gave me for Christmas, and hopefully see the blues spank the nigels with Ade getting on the score sheet again!!!............Happy days, oh also had some GREAT NEWS back from the docs about a biopsy taken just before Christmas!..................... :smiley:

"Spanking the Nigel"

Oh well, that's something else to do this afternoon
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet is on
  • Options
    I think this was a game we didn't need - we can thank God or whoever is responsible for the weather that it has been called off. As has been said - another week for Holmes and Watt to get fit and for Magennis to recover - We are out of the cup and we knocked Scunthorpe out so we shouldn't have too much trouble finding a new slot - not too soon though eh?
  • Options
    According to Olly Groome there are misconceptions about the undersoil heating
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Such as? I can hear the sound of another hole being dug

Pity it's not one that fits the boiler
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If Tex, Bauer and Magennis had been available my guess is the game would've been played.

No, I think I believe the groundman.
    It's because there either isn't a boiler, or if there is it's deemed to expensive to use it. So, as usual with Roland, t's all about the money.
  • Options
    There's a simple explanation here Yann's money only went so far so no boiler but nice new seats though :smirk:
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Blackheath RFC's game at Well Hall with Hull Ionians still appears to be on...

Yeh but that's a proper man's game Len..............Goes to don tin hat :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

To be fair, it's the stands at The Valley which block the sun getting to the pitch. The JS end of the pitch hardly sees any sun at all, whereas the "stands" at Blackheath are slightly smaller!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

There's a simple explanation here Yann's money only went so far so no boiler but nice new seats though :smirk:

Yann is definitely to blame for this situation
  • Options

Done us a favour tbh. Get a few more players back fit/out of suspension? Fuck it, let us 'play the system' for once.
    At least I won't have the hump at 5 o/c this afternoon as well!!

This.

Shame that scunny fans will lose a few quid but I didn't get any money back when I was half way up to Chesterfield a few years ago. Bollocks to it.
    a few quid probably means more when you're from Scunthorpe though
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

As in people presumed it was installed to heat the ground and it isn't ?
  • Options
    Nug said:

We've literally got a game called off because our squad is not good enough to beat Scunthorpe, at home, in the third division. Let that sink in.

On the money that post.
    Not sure. I think it's just extremely convenient.

What it does show is a lack of investment. But going back four or five years, there was no undersoil heating then either, just the tent thing in the premier league days like those used at Wimbledon tennis.
    But apparently that fell apart and was never replaced?

How much would it cost to fit boilers, and run them, anyone know? Would it be as much as the costs incurred by rescheduling matches?
  • Options
    Are either Ebbslfleet, Dartford or Welling at home today and has their games been called off?
  • Options

Are either Ebbslfleet, Dartford or Welling at home today and has their games been called off?

Ebbsfleet, Blackheath RFC, Dagenham and Redbridge and East Thurrock are all playing.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

......"The Well Hall pitch was passed fit at 10.00 am this morning, and with no further inspection deemed necessary, Blackheath v Hull Ionians will kick-off 3.00 pm tomorrow.".......

And Welling Utd is off. Different referees see things in different ways I guess.