Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch inspection *GAME CALLED OFF*

Comments

• Options

Now the games off, I'm wondering what Perks is going to have for dinner today.

The same as she was before - just more of it due to all the "no shows"
  • Options

There's a few old boilers in Charlton, surely one of em work? I've serviced a couple of them...

There's a few old boilers in Charlton, surely one of em work? I've serviced a couple of them...

Heard you're corgi registered.
    Rottweiler registered
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Scunthorpe have lost 3 and drew 1 of their last 4 away games so don't buy this 'good time to get it postponed.'

They won at The Cobblers last week.
  • Options
    Not sure if this helps us.Tex will still be suspended next week at Bolton.Dont know the extent of injuries to Lennon and BFG and Scunthorpe will have some of their injured players back for rescheduled game
  • Options
    every day this week there has been frost. and everyday the frost in London has gone by 1pm. they knew it was going to be cold so you hire a temporary boiler. I find it hard to believe this wasn't done deliberately. they wont admit it but knowing karl (what with the slightly dodgy deli ali deals) I wouldn't put it passed him. the club should have to pay out to fans who have been inconvenienced by the clubs either incompetence or sabotage of todays game.
  • Options
    Nothing at this club surprises me anymore.
    The club deserves every bit of ridicule directed at it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think this had more to do with the injury list and less to do with the pitch. I'm not complaining Roger has been saved from an embarrassment.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

My understanding is that the heating was laid taking advantage of the pitch being dug up completely and drainage put in. It is a requirement in the premier league and it made sense to put it in then as digging it all is the major expense. It has never been the intention to have it up and running until we get there.

That makes total sense to me. We do not get the crowds or Sky to justify the expense.

This, play this when we've got some players back!. Not ideal for a lot of people granted, but not the worst thing that's happened
  • Options
    We are fast becoming the laughing stock of English football.
    Utter f###ing shambles of a club
  • Options
    I checked planning application and put this on twitter, if something is supplied and installed shouldn't it be working. See no 18
  • Options
    Great news for Katrien though. She can turn the alarm off and go back to sleep.
  • Options

We are fast becoming the laughing stock of English football.
    Utter f###ing shambles of a club

Think that's already the case.
  • Options
    Ridiculous faux-anger on this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    gives us time to get centre backs fit.
  • Options
    Got an extra kids ticket for today for my son's friend. Guess we won't bother again and he'll continue to follow Liverpool
  • Options
    Southend Bolton called off as well so both of us will be well rested next Saturday
  • Options
    Haha this is so bad it's hilarious
  • Options
    KM talks a lot of hot air most of the time. Can't we get her to Prince Charles it and have a word with the pitch? Will be thawed out in no time.
  • Options

Now the games off, I'm wondering what Perks is going to have for dinner today.

The food will still need to be eaten so i'd assume she's currently on her way to the ground with a few tupperware boxes
  • Options
    Is it just a funny coincidence that all the sponsored links I'm getting on this thread are about boilers.
  • Options
    Couldn't make it up, beyond parody etc.
  • Options
    It's either total incompetence if they don't have the boiler installed / turned on or it's against football league rules if they purposely didn't make every effort to get it on due to short squad.

Either way, it needs proper investigation and if like @Redhenry has said it was planned, then shame and massive fines should come our way. Absolutely disgusted.

Scunny fans, you have my utmost sympathies and agreement in your anger in this avoidable postponement.