Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton v Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Huskaris said:

First time I have been stupid enough to bet on Charlton and see them win in months. Every win still means nothing to me.

No feeling when we win, no feeling when we lose.

Not really much point on being on a charlton forum then is there? Or do I smell bullshit !
    Plenty of other forums out there which are non football related
  • Fantastic wonderful result and performance and it keeps me believing we can make the play-offs. It looks like Robinson has signed some decent players and watt put in a shift too (from the commentary). Really hope this turns a corner.
  • Stuck Bolton in an accy. Never been so pleased to lose!
  • Leuth said:

Laddick01 said:

Our best 3 points this season. We seem to do well against the better sides this season which is really confusing considering some of the dismal performances we've turned out against sides in the bottom half.

You say that, but that's our first win against a top 7 team this season.
    We've beaten a few playoffy sides who've subsequently fallen away (in horror)
    Which teams ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bristol Rovers were around the top 6 first time we beat them I think?
  • Yeah, I'm taking raytreacy69 over that every time tbh
  • Well I never. Just goes to show, could this be the start or have I just started on the beer too early??

Nothing to say it can't be both.

That is a fantastic result.

A question to anyone there, was Bolton's shooting generally poor it did Rudd play a blinder?
  • Halix said:

Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

First time I have been stupid enough to bet on Charlton and see them win in months. Every win still means nothing to me.

Not really much point on being on a charlton forum then is there? Or do I smell bullshit !
    Plenty of other forums out there which are non football related
    I love this club more than anything. I held a season ticket with my younger brother for 5 and a half years, since he was 10.

There is a lot of point in me coming on this forum, I love Charlton, and this is one of the main places where you get the real version of what is actually going on in our club.

The second the club is sold I will have a season ticket again and will be going with my younger brother. I can't give a penny to this lot, which is why I attend away games, and my younger brother agrees, something which I am proud about. I won't ever argue with anyone that decided to still go but we didn't bottle it. I want nothing more than to be there, but I can't while this bunch are there. I am part of getting our club back.

Thanks for the advice though, I'm off to Mumsnet...
    You attend away games, but have no feeling when we win? So why bother attending any games if theres nothing to the result?
    vff said:

Huskaris said:

Rubbish!! So not having that at all!! Charlton Athletic FC won FFS!! Stop looking for attention.
    Well reading that comment, Huskaris looked like he bet something & won, so did get something out of it. But apart from that, I know how Huskaris feels. I am happy for a Charlton victory but am feeling disconnected from the club.
    This quote answers your question. I go because I want to go and watch football, but I have never felt so disconnected from the club in the 11 years I have been going.

It doesn't feel like Charlton, and it doesn't feel like my club.

• if only that goal that was had stood we realy would be pushing for playoffs
    never mind
    get in
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic win, thrilled for those that made the trip and keen to see the player marks and comments.
    Well done lads.
  • Been obvious all season that this a joke of a league - not one really good side in it - and despite our stop start progress so far a run to the play-offs is 100% on and very much in out own hands.

Great thing is we have a manager who believes this - just need a few more fans to do so too and RD to put his hand in his pocket on Monday to bring in another body if that's what KR says he needs
  • Brilliant win. Well done KR and the lads
  • Leuth said:

Bristol Rovers were around the top 6 first time we beat them I think?

Rovers were 8th before we beat them away & 10th before we beat them at home. We can't consider those victories were against a top team.