Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton v Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options
    vff said:

Time was, when a Charlton victory would leave me with a happy glow that would last all week. It would take me a good few days to get over a defeat. Jumping around wherever I am with the news of a goal.

I guess, It is a mixture of not attending regular games, and the constant turn over of players, the knowledge that any decent young players will be sold on, pretty quickly (don't get too attached) and knowing that Duchatelet's strategy & Meire's ineptness & the make do & mend approach to squad building, & lack of depth puts a huge drag on any momentum.

I am always happy with a Charlton victory, but these days, a defeat won't have much impact as it is not entirely unexpected & are a direct consequence of the way the club is inexpertly run. If I have seen a game, by the time I have reached home, & almost by the time I have reached the car or the train station, I have shrugged off & forgotten about the defeat.

Good for the missus as I am not such a grumpy sod when Charlton have lost. What kind of achievement is that of Duchatelet & Meire, when loyal, long standing supporters are led not to care too much anymore ? I understand what Huskaris is saying entirely about disconnection.

I appreciate your view etc..I won't allow them to do that to me. I thoroughly enjoyed the game today, and did not give those two a thought..
  • Options

Leuth said:

Bristol Rovers were around the top 6 first time we beat them I think?

Rovers were 8th before we beat them away & 10th before we beat them at home. We can't consider those victories were against a top team.
    On the 12th November, the day we got stuffed at Swindon, Bristol Rovers were 5th, and Port Vale 6th.

A week later, the 19th November, we beat Port Vale 2-0, making them drop out of the top 6.
    Bristol Rovers could only draw that day, but got leapfrogged by Wimbledon winning - causing them to drop out of the top 6 only on Goal Difference at the time we first played them.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Leuth said:

Bristol Rovers were around the top 6 first time we beat them I think?

Rovers were 8th before we beat them away & 10th before we beat them at home. We can't consider those victories were against a top team.
    On the 12th November, the day we got stuffed at Swindon, Bristol Rovers were 5th, and Port Vale 6th.

A week later, the 19th November, we beat Port Vale 2-0, making them drop out of the top 6.
    Bristol Rovers could only draw that day, but got leapfrogged by Wimbledon winning - causing them to drop out of the top 6 only on Goal Difference at the time we first played them.

How about our FA Cup win against top of the League: Scunthorpe?

Neither side fielded a weakened side and we brushed them aside at the Valley...
  • Options

I've said all along that the playoffs were a realistic target, and this result highlights it. Getting this sort of narrow win is what we've been bad at this season, with too many draws. A few more such victories and we'll be right up there

Bauer does seem to have a weakness in judging high punts up the pitch, against Millwall we also got caught out in a similar way. Something to practice on the training ground...

You have indeed and I, for one, have been giving your posts the thumbs-up. Think you are spot on and today's result proves just that. Unbeaten in five now and would be in 9th and above the scum if we hadn't been cheated out of the win against them by the referee.

• Options
    Great post Lincs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great post Lincs

I thank you .. good game was it not ? .. now for a march on Rochdale ((:>)
  • Options
    So the only question left is...

@blackpool72 red sauce or brown sauce?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

So the only question left is...

@blackpool72 red sauce or brown sauce?

I have no answer

Hangs head in shame

Fancy a meal for two :smile:
  • Options
    Zero degrees in Blackheath and I'm in.
  • Options
    Great result and most surprised.
  • Options

Poor old Pagey.

Started 2 games - but only played 40 minutes total.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic run by Forster - Caskey and an excellent finish by Byrne!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Poor old Pagey.

Started 2 games - but only played 40 minutes total.

I'm surprised he started at all. I'm sure I read he was likely to be out for a month or more.
  • Options
    Great result. A long way to go to make the play offs though and the squad is still two or three players short minimum for the run in.
  • Options

Wasn't at the game, but this win is for all the people that give Robinson abuse on here week in and week out. For what exactly? Just talking? Okay then, how about instead of giving the guy abuse. Support him and the side and see how it all ends up. At least he is enthusiastic and has a passion for football, hopefully he does well.

i like kr
    i do give him a little bit of abuse
    i think he talks a bit to much bull
    but one things for sure he is doing a cracking job just likes the sound of his own voice a bit to much for my liking
    he doesnt need to ,his results are doing the talking
    slade watch n weep
  • Options
    some real positives today
    great debut by kfc!
    and tony watt
    postive mental attitude by the lads
  • Options
    for the first time in a while im looking at what games are coming up i can go to
  • Options
    we are so far up the league now ive got a headache