Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton v Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options

Anyone else notice the kids dads sweatshirt. Red Bull logo. Where's that it's happening gif ?

Nah, if you mean the one at the beginning that was a Womad festival sweatshirt.
  • Options

I've said all along that the playoffs were a realistic target, and this result highlights it. Getting this sort of narrow win is what we've been bad at this season, with too many draws. A few more such victories and we'll be right up there

Bauer does seem to have a weakness in judging high punts up the pitch, against Millwall we also got caught out in a similar way. Something to practice on the training ground...

On your second point, Robinson has got the defense playing a higher line. A risk of that is the ball over the top. Not sure Bauer/Tex/Pearce have the pace to deal with it. Konsa does but can't see him playing CB much.
    Bauer and Tex are reasonably quick for this level of football so we should get away with it more often than not.

If by some miracle we were to be promoted I'd agree.
  • Options

Croydon said:

How many Charlton fans there?

Heroes
    Just for one day!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Oggy Red said:

Poor old Pagey.

Started 2 games - but only played 40 minutes total.

I'm surprised he started at all. I'm sure I read he was likely to be out for a month or more.
    That was an alternative fact
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Croydon said:

Heroes
    Cheers, much appreciated but we were just the supporting cast, the real heroes were those in red shirts and not forgetting the one in green on the pitch :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Croydon said:

Heroes
    Cheers, much appreciated but we were just the supporting cast, the real heroes were those in red shirts and not forgetting the one in green on the pitch :wink:
    How many coaches were there red
  • Options

What a cracking result, not too many would have predicted that!

Check the CL prediction league (page 2) !
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Good job the ref didn't see what this kid spotted while F-Casey was making that terrific run for the 2nd Charlton goal.

I was idling through Youtube looking for music, when this Bolton vlog came up on the 'recommended' list.
    Clicking on it, this cringy kid was yapping away, but somehow I stuck with it as the game was seen from a different angle to Sky.

WATCH THIS:
    At around 5mins20, F-Casey is making his run, riding a heavy tackle and you hear the kid call handball.
    Then the little nerd slows down the replay in closeup - and he's dead right, JFC clearly plays a cheeky handball as the ball squirts away from him.

Luckily the ref was blindside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN6PZPpLviw

great work by JFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

Croydon said:

Heroes
    How many coaches were there red
    Damn!

I knew I had something else to do, two was the number as of Friday with a waiting list.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

About our winning goal again - Nathan Byrne is actually inside our own penalty area when JFC collects the ball to begin his colossal run.
    That's a magnificent lung bursting run from box to box for him to get on the end of JFC's pass to fire home the winner.

And a close 2nd to Byrne was the ref - right beside JFC when he gets possession on the edge of our 'D' ...... and then the ref is keeping pace with our speedy counter-attack and up with play just outside the Bolton 'D' as Byrne shoots. Really commendable effort from the ref.

Byrne has a fantastic engine on him Oggy he was eating up the ground from one side of the pitch to the other giving their midfield no time to settle on the ball, very impressive and was a cool finisher.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

And none of the Bolton fans were being lairy towards us I suppose?
    You could quite clearly see and hear that they were (throughout the game as a matter of fact) and I was sitting on the other side of the ground.
    The ejections seemed somewhat OTT if you ask me......or at the very least not even handed.

Have you ever been to a football match?
    Youngish away fans getting a bit lairy, youngish home fans responding and over enthusiastic stewarding is what happens.

You obviously don't know who SondAs is mate, we were all young once. :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2017

You could quite clearly see and hear that they were (throughout the game as a matter of fact) and I was sitting on the other side of the ground.
    The ejections seemed somewhat OTT if you ask me......or at the very least not even handed.

Youngish away fans getting a bit lairy, youngish home fans responding and over enthusiastic stewarding is what happens.
    Are you some kind of a twat pal.....have I ever been to a football match FFS!
    Not that many since 1957, when I first went to The Valley.....Jesus f'ing Christ.
    Incidentally.....the guys that got thrown out were deffo not young!
    Were you there by the way?
  • Options

Not that many since 1957, when I first went to The Valley.....Jesus f'ing Christ.
    Should we take it you've been to a couple of games then?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Croydon said:

Heroes
    And for me having experienced the shock of being accosted by you in the toilets!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Should we take it you've been to a couple of games then?
    Errr yeah clb......just a few!
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights. I thought the red was a bit harsh. Looked more of a clumsy challenge to me with no intent. Oh well. Can understand why it was given though.

We looked well up for it. Brilliant defending in the 2nd half.

COYR!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

Croydon said:

Heroes
    And for me having experienced the shock of being accosted by you in the toilets!
    I thought that was our little secret, anyway Elfs I don't care what the others say about you, I think you're alright. :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Croydon said:

Heroes
    I thought that was our little secret, anyway Elfs I don't care what the others say about you, I think you're alright. :wink:
    Ah shucks.

The old ones(a bit like you), are always the best.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Rob said:

Just watched the highlights. I thought the red was a bit harsh. Looked more of a clumsy challenge to me with no intent. Oh well. Can understand why it was given though.

We looked well up for it. Brilliant defending in the 2nd half.

COYR!!!!!!!!

Yes Rob......but he definitely was the last man so the ref really had no choice if you think about it, clumsy or not.
    The back to the wall defending in the second half was superb.....possibly as good as any I've ever seen from an Addicks side. They kept coming at us in wave after wave....but they never once created a clear chance for the whole 45 minutes.
    And how many crosses did Rudd claim (many in spectacular fashion), I lost count!
  • Options
    Rob said:

Some ref's might have given a yellow, seeing it was so early in the match - but can't really argue with the decision.

With the benefit of hindsight, IMO Page didn't really need to rashly commit himself and bundle their bloke over - just to pressure him and hold him up a bit, enabling defenders to get back. In any case, Rudd is pretty useful in this type of situation.

• Options
    That Bolton kids video is great
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

About our winning goal again - Nathan Byrne is actually inside our own penalty area when JFC collects the ball to begin his colossal run.
    That's a magnificent lung bursting run from box to box for him to get on the end of JFC's pass to fire home the winner.

Yeah, but I'm sure Jackson could still do it.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Good job the ref didn't see what this kid spotted while F-Casey was making that terrific run for the 2nd Charlton goal.

I was idling through Youtube looking for music, when this Bolton vlog came up on the 'recommended' list.
    Clicking on it, this cringy kid was yapping away, but somehow I stuck with it as the game was seen from a different angle to Sky.

WATCH THIS:
    At around 5mins20, F-Casey is making his run, riding a heavy tackle and you hear the kid call handball.
    Then the little nerd slows down the replay in closeup - and he's dead right, JFC clearly plays a cheeky handball as the ball squirts away from him.

I thought I was seeing things then! At 2.01 there's an aeroplane on the street! Steaks on a plane!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

WATCH THIS:

We had fortune favour us for once. Am I going to shed any tears for Bolton? I think we all know the answer to that one.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

WATCH THIS:

I thought I was seeing things then! At 2.01 there's an aeroplane on the street! Steaks on a plane!
    That is very weird (and you, like me, say aeroplane instead of airplane).