Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton v Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options
    How many Charlton fans there?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

How many Charlton fans there?

• Options
    Rob said:

It still makes my day when we win. Sets me up for the week.

Couldn't have put it better myself

• Options

Sounds like KR got it spot on down to 10 and a cracking effort by the players.

Robinson will be dining out on this one for a while.

Good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was that Tony Watt with the assist? Amazing result. Can't believe it. Had a Charlton and Fleetwood double at 11s. Can't believe its Fleetwood who let me down!! Oh well. Quality from the boys.
  • Options
    Rob said:

It still makes my day when we win. Sets me up for the week.

Absolutely ditto this. I feel like a giddy child when we win, particularly we when we put in a good performance. Listening to the match this morning was absolutely brilliant.

Whisper it, but this is the kind of performance and result that can turn around a season. It was particularly nice that it came away to Bolton after how we performed there last year.

I said it when he joined, I even said it around this time last year, Jake Forster-Caskey has the ability to be a class above for us. Sounds like he was immense today, but was far from being the only one.

Really, really happy with today. Bring on next weekend.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Was that Tony Watt with the assist? Amazing result. Can't believe it. Had a Charlton and Fleetwood double at 11s. Can't believe its Fleetwood who let me down!! Oh well. Quality from the boys.

Nope Forster-Caskey got both of them
  • Options
    That mazey run from JFC was class. I thought it was TWWW when I saw it on the dodgy fb stream...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superb result, makes us 5 unbeaten now and is hopefully the result they need to kick on. However it means nothing if we don't beat Fleetwood next week. We've drawn too many games and we need to put a run of wins together.
  • Options
    Absolutely chuffed that we won. Wasn't expecting it so well done to Karl Robinson and the boys. Got a feeling that this will turn our season around. So, all's well with the world. All I need is for a takeover to go through and I'll be back ...
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2017
    Back to the match. Thanks for posting video @cafcsinger @ForeverAddickted . Soft sending off. Not sure if Page was wise to make that decision. Rudd is a pretty good keeper, & may have done something with it. A simple ball over the top, catching Bauer out. Maybe consequence of playing a higher back line. It's a good free kick but how far back was the Charlton wall ? Lots of space there to line up a shot. Bolton missed a sitter, then Bauer scores a good header from a decent free kick delivery. Tremendous break & determination from Forster-Caskey. Good through ball to Byrne & decent finish from Byrne. Nice goal celebration as well.

Great to see a Charlton victory.
  • Options

Superb result, makes us 5 unbeaten now and is hopefully the result they need to kick on. However it means nothing if we don't beat Fleetwood next week. We've drawn too many games and we need to put a run of wins together.

February will be the key month with so many fixtures. If we can stay clear of injuries for a change and maybe add a couple before the window shuts , the play-offs could be within sight.
  • Options

February will be the key month with so many fixtures. If we can stay clear of injuries for a change and maybe add a couple before the window shuts , the play-offs could be within sight.
    So many winnable fixtures as well... Fleetwood and Rochdale (next two games) could be tricky but come through those and the rest of the month could see our charge happen.
  • Options

Best thing about the Forster Caskey run is the ref trying to keep up with him.

he was well behind the game of several occasions and generally made the wrong decision for both teams.