Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton v Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    Great goals.

Our future may be uncertain but I'm pretty sure the lad who did the blog will go far.
  • Options
    Great result. The play offs are beginning to feel as though they are within our grasp. The play offs though are a clever invention that thrive on fans' hope. We only have a 1 in 4 chance (give or take) of going up that way if we even get that far. Results like the defeat at Swindon and other disjointed efforts are still likely to ruin this season. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/pqDRYC41faw

Good watch that! How good was our 2nd! JFC Does brilliantly

Kid looks alarmingly like Lucas (my eldest boy, 14). I wish Lucas was so enthusiastic about Charlton!

• Options

https://youtu.be/pqDRYC41faw

Good watch that! How good was our 2nd! JFC Does brilliantly

Not sure it would have been that good if they had beaten us but the lad does a great job. Loved Dad's increased optimism this week of a 1-1 draw. The gnarled old cynic who's had to endure years of mediocrity - just like many of us.
    The old man will learn his lesson , he'll be predicting defeat for all their remaining games of the season.

Well done to the travelling handful , 466 looked like 166 in that big stand
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Agreed Ken, we've got three tough away games coming up after Fleetwood at Rochdale (I hope to continue my unbeaten away run there :wink: ) followed by The Wombles (at their oppressive non league ground) and then Oldham (a back of beyond horrible unwelcoming place to go on a Tuesday night in February); the scene of another smash and grab 1-0 with 9 men in 2012.

Three points from those three games won't be a disaster IF we win our next three home games because the target has to be an average of 2 points per game until May, so that's how crucial the home form now is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have some away games on very dodgy playing surfaces. Karl Robinson needs to prepare for that.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Agreed Ken, we've got three tough away games coming up after Fleetwood at Rochdale (I hope to continue my unbeaten away run there :wink: ) followed by The Wombles (at their oppressive non league ground) and then Oldham (a back of beyond horrible unwelcoming place to go on a Tuesday night in February); the scene of another smash and grab 1-0 with 9 men in 2012.

Three points from those three games won't be a disaster IF we win our next three home games because the target has to be an average of 2 points per game until May, so that's how crucial the home form now is.

Your're actually making me nervous now!
  • Options
    I'm still curios as to why the four guys got thrown out?
    Anyone have any info?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Just getting a bit lairy towards the away fans I think and a more senior Addick tried to calm it down but got slung out as well for just trying to be a peace maker.
  • Options
    Good point about, Josh Magennis, @Lincsaddick. Often it is not the best eleven footballers in the squad that make the best team.
  • Options

I'm still curios as to why the four guys got thrown out?
    Anyone have any info?

One of them was at the very least innocent...ejected for trying to keep the peace and point out they were ejecting the wrong blokes.
  • Options
    Meathead stewards.
  • Options
    Haven't read everything, great result, where was Ulvestad?
  • Options
    And none of the Bolton fans were being lairy towards us I suppose?
    You could quite clearly see and hear that they were (throughout the game as a matter of fact) and I was sitting on the other side of the ground.
    The ejections seemed somewhat OTT if you ask me......or at the very least not even handed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A huge 3 points, in context of the league it's clawed back 3 of the 9 points we were adrift by yesterday morning. The last time 3 points felt so vital was actually this time last year when we won up at Rotherham which gave similar hope about avoiding relegation and then we lost at home to Bristol City the next week in another six pointer.

Our home form as others have said is what will make or break our play off push, we simply have to keep winning at home now. I don't even particularly rate the teams in the play offs and think even the likes of Southend and Fleetwood are very beatable at home while we've got the likes of Oldham, Shrewsbury, Coventry, Chesterfield to play away, all of whom were absolute dog turd at The Valley and if they've not got any better are very much winnable games as well.

The potential is there for the team to put an immense run together, I remain unconvinced Fleetwood, Bradford and Rochdale have sewn up play off places yet although I will concede the top three Scunny, Sheff Utd and Bolton will all finish above us barring a real collapse in form. But the key word is potential, we need Magennis back for this to happen and no more bad injuries.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think it's fair to say that Boltonians are not the most welcoming bunch, presumably that's what generations of inbreeding and social deprivation does to you.

I had a few chats with Bolton fans before and after the game .. they were as good as gold, although the 'afters' were generally cheesed off with their inept team, just as would an Addick or a fan of any other club have been who'd lost badly against 10 men
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think it's fair to say that Boltonians are not the most welcoming bunch, presumably that's what generations of inbreeding and social deprivation does to you.

Indeed. Had they been brought up in the salubrious environs of Woolwich and Plumstead they'd be teddy bears. Anyway great game despite the rain and my kids saw us win for a change. And thanks to the bloke who found my umbrella!
  • Options
    redsek said:

se9addick said:

Indeed. Had they been brought up in the salubrious environs of Woolwich and Plumstead they'd be teddy bears. Anyway great game despite the rain and my kids saw us win for a change. And thanks to the bloke who found my umbrella!
    that was Keith .. he's far too clever to come on here, I'll pass on your thanks when I see him next at Rochdale ((:>)
  • Options
    Anyone else notice the kids dads sweatshirt. Red Bull logo. Where's that it's happening gif ?
  • Options

redsek said:

se9addick said:

that was Keith .. he's far too clever to come on here, I'll pass on your thanks when I see him next at Rochdale ((:>)
    Thanks Lincs.
  • Options
    Seems to me from what I've read and seen so far, KFC is looking like a signing from the bargain bucket!