Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stephy Mavididi signs on loan (First time)

Comments

• Options
    He could just about be worse than Ajose if he neither scored goals nor did anything for the team. Oh wait, no you are right.

Very typical move for a third tier club - take a teenager on loan from a Premiership side. He may be ok, and, to be honest Ajose and Novak have been firing blanks.

Agree with the comments that we are assembling a very hard to beat squad. Only 6 defeats by the beginning of February, very tight at the back too.

Any chance of a late run depends on scoring rather more goals than we have managed so far, and Mavididi might help us do that.

Unfortunately not as hard to beat as we would like.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Two cases for the defence to consider your honour!!

1). Stephy showed no signs of struggling. In fact he was by a mile our best player

2) had he been subbed after 60 mins then the same people moaning now would have been hollering "FFS Robinson you moron, why take off our best player? "

Poor bloke doesn't stand a chance

Fair points if it wasn't Robinson himself who said not taking him off was a mistake.
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

1). Stephy showed no signs of struggling. In fact he was by a mile our best player

2) had he been subbed after 60 mins then the same people moaning now would have been hollering "FFS Robinson you moron, why take off our best player? "

Fair points if it wasn't Robinson himself who said not taking him off was a mistake.
    I do agree he's a lemon for saying that but we all know he talks too much. He reminds me of the candidates on The Apprentice who take responsibility for all the errors in the hope that curries favour with Lord Sugar
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I do agree he's a lemon for saying that but we all know he talks too much. He reminds me of the candidates on The Apprentice who take responsibility for all the errors in the hope that curries favour with Lord Sugar
    I don't care that he talks too much, which he does, but that he doesn't win enough matches.

Just win games.
  • Options
    The longer KR has been here the more stupid he appears....
  • Options
    The greatest success for us on Saturday was that our stretcher bearers didn't drop Mavididi!
  • Options
    Confirmed out for the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What do you guys make of the 5 games he played for us?
  • Options
    That fooled me
  • Options

MOM in 3 of them says it all.

He is a very very talented player. Whether he is going to come in and make the difference I don't know - but he is very exciting to watch and definitely has an eye for goal.

With our injuries he would be a most welcome addition right now

• Options
    Swisdom said:

He is a very very talented player. Whether he is going to come in and make the difference I don't know - but he is very exciting to watch and definitely has an eye for goal.

Fingers crossed - all the sources online are looking positive that he's going to come through the door!
  • Options
    I'm happy to have him back - far better in the 10 role than Reeves in what I saw.

HOWEVER Not scored a goal yet, so make of that what you will.
  • Options
    IF we get him that is.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

His stats would say otherwise. Not dissing him, but if he had actually scored a league goal then that would be a start.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Team - Played - Scored - Assists
    Arsenal FC U23 - 40 - 20 - 4
    Arsenal FC UEFA U19 - 18 - 5 - 0
    Preston North End - 11 - 0 - 0
    Arsenal FC U18 - 5 - 2 - 0
    Charlton Athletic - 5 - 0 - 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

He made a run and missed

It's another gamble, a desperate one. If anyone was serious about improving a squad that desperately needs strengthening they sign proven professionals, bringing in kids like this is fine when we are just adding an option or that is all that is needed. We need proper strengthening

As others have said though RD isn't going to bank roll that so I expect just loans now.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Not to worry, KR said on Monday, a player will sign in 48 hours, obviously my watch is not working properly
  • Options
    I really hope the Stephy comes in and makes himself a Charlton legend.

But, club in goal scoring crisis desperate for a goal scorer, signs player who has never scored a goal. OMG where did it all go wrong !
  • Options
    Carter said:

He made a run and missed

It's another gamble, a desperate one. If anyone was serious about improving a squad that desperately needs strengthening they sign proven professionals, bringing in kids like this is fine when we are just adding an option or that is all that is needed. We need proper strengthening

I would agree if he was coming in to be first choice consistently. But (presumably) he won't be. He'll be coming in to be an impact sub, and from the little I saw of him last year I think that would be a very good role for him. Plus he has a little extra bit of quality that it's hard to find at this level.
  • Options
    How is it we always get the same players back in on loan, its like watching a remake of some pony film, there must be a new player or two we've not tried yet?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Not to worry, KR said on Monday, a player will sign in 48 hours, obviously my watch is not working peoperly

Not only your watch, your spell checker is broken as well.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

How is it we always get the same players back in on loan, its like watching a remake of some pony film, there must be a new player or two we've not tried yet?

If he knows the players already then that's an advantage

Better the devil you know and all that

• Options

I really hope the Stephy comes in and makes himself a Charlton legend.

But, club in goal scoring crisis desperate for a goal scorer, signs player who has never scored a goal. OMG where did it all go wrong !

With the way things are going, all he will need to do is score a goal.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!