Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stephy Mavididi signs on loan (First time)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    If he starts with KAG and KR leaves Magennis on the bench we might have half a chance. We still need another striker and a creative midfielder. Trouble is KR is not flexible enough in his formations so we will probably find him up on his own with little or no support.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Carter said:

He made a run and missed

It's another gamble, a desperate one. If anyone was serious about improving a squad that desperately needs strengthening they sign proven professionals, bringing in kids like this is fine when we are just adding an option or that is all that is needed. We need proper strengthening

Proven goalscorers are rare as hens teeth, and almost non-existent in Jan when you're a struggling League One club.
    There just may have been an agreement made that if Konsa (or someone else) is sold some of the money could be used to buy Doyle or Godden or whoever. I'd really be amazed if we buy without selling though.

I doubt we have many options on the loan front, and I think we could have ended up with a worse player than Mavididi. It's a gamble is some ways, but only if we were signing him to the exclusion of someone else.
    A previous poster said he was MotM in 3 out of his 5 starts for us, which is a good sign, and he has scored at a very decent youth level as @Dazzler21 showed:

- - - - - - - ------games-goals-assists
    Arsenal FC U23 -----40 - --20 --- 4
    Arsenal FC UEFA U19 18 - ---5 ---- 0

I imagine we'll hear more about Best's injury any time now. Would be happy with Best / Mavididi / KAG (and Mag) as striking options - under the circumstances we find ourselves in. But don't stick him wide. Either in the middle in a 442, or in place of Mag.

This.
    The demand for a 'proven goal-scorer' is as lazy a demand as it is naive.The same for demands that Robinson be sacked: who, exactly, do people expect him to be replaced by?
    We're a third division team that is unlikely be promoted this season, and only the desperate or underachieving would be tempted to join the present omnishambles.
    Sorry, perhaps I got the wrong end of stick regarding the basic of the game of football. I thought the idea was the get the round, ball-ey thing, into the white, net-ey thing.

I agree that the January window may not be the ideal time to sign one of those players that get the round, ball-ey thing into the white, net-ey thing but if the mouthy scouser had done his job properly in the summer then we wouldn't be up shit creek.
  • Options

Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Carter said:

He made a run and missed

It's another gamble, a desperate one. If anyone was serious about improving a squad that desperately needs strengthening they sign proven professionals, bringing in kids like this is fine when we are just adding an option or that is all that is needed. We need proper strengthening

Proven goalscorers are rare as hens teeth, and almost non-existent in Jan when you're a struggling League One club.
    There just may have been an agreement made that if Konsa (or someone else) is sold some of the money could be used to buy Doyle or Godden or whoever. I'd really be amazed if we buy without selling though.

I doubt we have many options on the loan front, and I think we could have ended up with a worse player than Mavididi. It's a gamble is some ways, but only if we were signing him to the exclusion of someone else.
    A previous poster said he was MotM in 3 out of his 5 starts for us, which is a good sign, and he has scored at a very decent youth level as @Dazzler21 showed:

I imagine we'll hear more about Best's injury any time now. Would be happy with Best / Mavididi / KAG (and Mag) as striking options - under the circumstances we find ourselves in. But don't stick him wide. Either in the middle in a 442, or in place of Mag.

This.
    The demand for a 'proven goal-scorer' is as lazy a demand as it is naive.The same for demands that Robinson be sacked: who, exactly, do people expect him to be replaced by?
    We're a third division team that is unlikely be promoted this season, and only the desperate or underachieving would be tempted to join the present omnishambles.
    Sorry, perhaps I got the wrong end of stick regarding the basic of the game of football. I thought the idea was the get the round, ball-ey thing, into the white, net-ey thing.

I agree that the January window may not be the ideal time to sign one of those players that get the round, ball-ey thing into the white, net-ey thing but if the mouthy scouser had done his job properly in the summer then we wouldn't be up shit creek.
    Try reading the whole post.
  • Options

If he starts with KAG and KR leaves Magennis on the bench we might have half a chance. We still need another striker and a creative midfielder. Trouble is KR is not flexible enough in his formations so we will probably find him up on his own with little or no support.

Was at the Bromley Addicks meet with Karl, and at the time he was on the crest of a wave. But even so, I expect he couldn't believe the easy ride we gave him.
    I wonder if he's even aware of the disquiet about his tactical rigidity (and he's unending faith in Magennis and Reeves (and one or two others perhaps). He's rarely subjected to critical questioning at his press conferences and interviews. He doesn't seem to do social media, and I doubt he reads CL.
  • Options
    Pwr, does a loan of a former loan player within douchers 29-day limit vindicate some of his nonsense? I do hope not.... :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    We have had numerous players in recent times that are "imminent signings" - it very rarely works like that. It might happen and if it does it'll be good news.

Much like the takeover, although that won't be good news, that will be explode with excitement and dreams of world domination.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Carter said:

He made a run and missed

This.
    You're right, we should've bought one in the summer when KR had all the time in the world to do so. We'd added a couple of decent players for the level and that always entices other players to clubs, so we would have had a good chance of attracting someone decent. The fact we didn't, and we let Novak go then brought in Dodoo shows the serious lack of ambition at the club. No wonder players might think twice about joining us.
  • Options

Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Carter said:

He made a run and missed

This.
    You're right, we should've bought one in the summer when KR had all the time in the world to do so. We'd added a couple of decent players for the level and that always entices other players to clubs, so we would have had a good chance of attracting someone decent. The fact we didn't, and we let Novak go then brought in Dodoo shows the serious lack of ambition at the club. No wonder players might think twice about joining us.
    Who is the player that has been put off?
  • Options
    CONFIRMED
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Carter said:

He made a run and missed

This.
    Who is the player that has been put off?
    We were speculating. I think it's fair to say that a number of potential signings would take one look at the state the club is in and run a mile.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

(and he's unending faith in Magennis and Reeves (and one or two others perhaps).
    I take slight exception to this. It's not like he has been swimming in other options, especially in regards to Magennis. He could throw some more kids in, but then we would have a very inexperienced team and if the kids don't perform he will be blamed for ruining their careers playing them early.

I think the issue is its clear that Josh is not good enough to play up top by himself (I don't think our other options are either). Look at the difference between him and Eaves at the weekend.

Josh and another Striker could work. At least give it a go at home early doors against a weaker team. I wouldn't play Mavididi up top by himself.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!