Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Don't think it was a pen but Buffon had to be sent off for his reaction.
  • Lucky lucky Madrid
  • So undeserved.

Zidane is a very lucky man tonight.
  • Sometimes I hate football
  • Ronaldo - visualise & execute perfectly under pressure.
  • Dazzler21 said:

That red for Buffon was a dismal decision.

Well put away by Ronaldo...

Buffon did lose it though, you can’t react like that
  • Tough on Juve who didn't deserve that, but I thought he got the penalty decision right, and you knew Ronaldo wouldn't miss.
  • Definite pen for me.
  • Disgusting decision on the pen. No wonder Buffon reacted how he did after having one of his last chances at the champions league robbed from him by a nobody referee.
  • It's a clear penalty. Bundles through the back of the striker.

Ramos will come back next leg and the Champions League is Real Madrid's now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never a penalty. Yet again another example of a professional footballer cheating. Defender comes around the back of him and clears the ball. Attacker feels the slightest of contact and goes down like Tom Daley in his diving haydays!!
  • Dazzler21 said:

That red for Buffon was a dismal decision.

Well put away by Ronaldo...

Buffon did lose it though, you can’t react like that
    Yellow card fine, but a red seems excessive given the Ref KNEW that he had just disadvantaged Juventus with an unclear penalty, to then terminate their chances by sending off their keeper.

Definitely a yellow for dissent and a red if he had carried on...
  • Never a pen, the Madrid player didn't have a clue what to do with it. Unbelievable tackle tbh (reason why VAR will never work it's a game of opinions) Buffon was rightly sent off. Ronaldo is still a massive bellend and I can't stand him.
  • Pen all day long.
  • Great header back by Ronaldo and coolness personified with the pen , Buffon setting a good example there , when may be if he focused he may have saved the penalty .

good on Madrid think they have more chance of beating the stone throwing scouse mugs
  • Think dissent is actually a straight red now, is it not?
  • I love the European Cup
  • Geezers got so much bottle sticking that in top right.
  • edited April 2018

Great header back by Ronaldo and coolness personified with the pen , Buffon setting a good example there , when may be if he focused he may have saved the penalty .

good on Madrid think they have more chance of beating the stone throwing scouse mugs

Buffon and Szczesny in goal together wouldn't have saved that
  • The initial push is what makes it a pen.

And I wanted it to go to extra time/pens.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Think dissent is actually a straight red now, is it not?

I think it always has been (if bad enough)

Wasn't Garry Nelson sent off in a televised game for dissent?
  • https://a.pomfe.co/ouxwy.mp4

Replay of the penalty. Clear foul
  • If that was a Charlton player we'd all be screaming for a pen.

As a Torino fan don't like Juvenile but it was harsh on them but they sat back at 3 nil and let the fascists back in.
  • Juventus were superb tonight.
    I'm more surprise that the feller was unmarked when Ronaldo did that great leap and header.
    Every top referee in the world would have given that pen.
  • Never a penalty. Yet again another example of a professional footballer cheating. Defender comes around the back of him and clears the ball. Attacker feels the slightest of contact and goes down like Tom Daley in his diving haydays!!

Around the back? I have seen it about 10 times now from different angles. The defender knocked the RM player off balance with a push with his right arm before wrapping his foot round to get to the ball.
  • Definite pen.
  • Oliver has got it spot on in my view.

Top ref.
  • CL penalty poll
    Yes 11
    No 6
  • CL penalty poll
    Yes 11
    No 6

I actually got a pad and a pencil to tick off the yes/nos ... and then I get to your post. Pad and pencil duly dispatched in a heap across the room..

It is amusing though to see the polar opposite views expressed here. (For me it was a definite maybe.)