Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options

Pep has never had a plan B, but he usually never needs to move from plan A though

In a game where one away goal for Liverpool would virtually win it for them, their formation last night to be was suicidal. By all means take Kompany off with 30 minutes to go if you're desperate for goals, but to start like that was far too risky.
    As much as you have a point there, it was working the first half they were on fire and creating lots. After 10 mins i dont think Liverpool had a chance until late in the half , which again was expected. 2nd half it didn't really get going as Liverpool got the goal, fine lines with Pep he could have easily been a genius and was always going to be an easy target after putting out 3 defenders and full of attackers/ bar fernandinho (who was class both in defence and getting the ball forward)
    Liverpool were panicky in the first half, they had opportunities to have dangerous breaks but played the wrong pass. With more composure a breakaway goal could easily have been scored in then first half, leaving City needing 5!
  • Options
    Gareth Bale, a man from the tropical climate of Wales, is wearing gloves in Madrid in mid-April!
  • Options
    2-0 Juve

It’s happening again....
  • Options
    Half time can't come soon enough for Madrid
  • Options
    Another big game where Ronaldo disappears........................... :-)
  • Options
    Real defence is all over the place, Juve could actually do this.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, what a week in the Champions League
  • Options
    Doing what they did to Spurs
  • Options
    Real Madrid fall apart at the back when Ramos isn't playing.
  • Options
    0-3!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Which I think is strange, because whilst he has the aura of a fine captain, he frequently looks like an utter liability as a defender.
  • Options
    30 minutes to go.

Do they go for a 4th and make Real need to or sit back for a bit and play for extra time
  • Options
    I didn't think we could beat the Roma comeback yesterday, but this is incredible by Juve.
  • Options
    Wow, 3-0! Said on Talksport earlier that the Madrid press gave Barcelona absolute pelters in today's papers for bringing shame on Spain, etc. Be interesting to see how they respond to this tomorrow!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

sam3110 said:

Which I think is strange, because whilst he has the aura of a fine captain, he frequently looks like an utter liability as a defender.
    Really? Admittedly he loses his head sometimes, but he's played over 500 games for Real and 150 times for Spain and won everything there is to win. I'm not sure you do that if you're an utter liability.
  • Options
    Over the 2 legs we've seen 6 away goals and zero home goals. So much for home advantage!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    MrLargo said:

Wow, 3-0! Said on Talksport earlier that the Madrid press gave Barcelona absolute pelters in today's papers for bringing shame on Spain, etc. Be interesting to see how they respond to this tomorrow!

Zidane and Navas will be getting pelters i'm sure.

ZZ is out of a job if they don't win the CL.

Real need to pay whatever it takes to get De Gea.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

sam3110 said:

Really? Admittedly he loses his head sometimes, but he's played over 500 games for Real and 150 times for Spain and won everything there is to win. I'm not sure you do that if you're an utter liability.
    Not disputing his pedigree, but having watched a lot of their domestic games over the last 2 or 3 years, I've seen him produce a fair few howlers. Having said that, I think a lot of his errors are borne out of complacency against weak Spanish sides, he does raise it a bit in the higher profile games.
  • Options
    Two goals for former Atletico Madrid striker going down well in the red half of the city here!
  • Options
    My company CEO is a Juve season ticket holder. He is in the UK office at the moment and when he left tonight to watch the game he was all despondent.

I said chin up - anything can happen.

He said he bets me anything they are going out.

I said give me a 10pc payrise if Juve go through. He high fived me and said ‘done’.

Fucking come on Juve!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C'mon Juve! Would love to see Barca and Real both gone from the competition. In fact no spanish teams left would be great. Nothing specific against them, just feel it's time for a power shift.
  • Options
    Come on Juventus.
  • Options
    Real Madrid pen...
  • Options
    Unlucky for Juve, but looks a pen to me.
  • Options

Real Madrid pen...

Fuck
  • Options
    Even if he misses, Juve are fucked for extra time now
  • Options
    Not a pen for me.
  • Options
    That pen wowwwww
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    That red for Buffon was a dismal decision.

Well put away by Ronaldo...
  • Options
    If anyone was wondering why there are no English refs at the world cup its cos we've sent that shower to represent us