Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    The lack of VAR in the champions league ruined the Liverpool v man city game. Exactly why it needs to come into the game.
  • Options
    Also another big game in which Messi disappears in.

Seems him and Ronaldo are opposites when it comes to late rounds in the champions league.
  • Options

The lack of VAR in the champions league ruined the Liverpool v man city game. Exactly why it needs to come into the game.

Yes, VAR would have picked it up straight away. The official behind the goal should have spotted it though
  • Options

All over. Barca out

Superb, can't stand Messi.
  • Options
    I watch quite a lot of Serie A. Roma’s win tonight shouldn’t come as too much of a shock. They can beat anyone on their day. They have one of the best goalkeepers and centre forwards in the world. De Rossi in the middle who was class tonight. Also players like Manolas and Nainggolan can’t be overlooked.

I like seeing these so called ‘smaller’ teams doing well as it shows players that sometimes playing time, experience, passion and loyalty is worth more than a few quid extra per week.
  • Options

Seems him and Ronaldo are opposites when it comes to late rounds in the champions league.

And this is why I will always pick Ronaldo over Messi as the best player in the world.

Scoring 2 stunning goals against Juve in the Champions League trumps a hattrick over Leganes for me.

Ronaldo turns it on in crucial games, I feel that Messi prefers his team to be dominant in all aspects so he can thrive
  • Options
    Thankfully for Argentina he turned up with a hat trick when they needed to win to qualify for the World Cup........
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I watch quite a lot of Serie A. Roma’s win tonight shouldn’t come as too much of a shock. They can beat anyone on their day. They have one of the best goalkeepers and centre forwards in the world. De Rossi in the middle who was class tonight. Also players like Manolas and Nainggolan can’t be overlooked.

I like seeing these so called ‘smaller’ teams doing well as it shows players that sometimes playing time, experience, passion and loyalty is worth more than a few quid extra per week.

Most people didn’t think they would even get out of their group.
    (Atlético and Chelsea)

They topped it.
  • Options

Last 10 champions league quarter final matches.

Ronaldo - 14 goals
    Messi - none
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

All over. Barca out

Superb, can't stand Messi.
    With you on that. Can’t stand Barca.
  • Options

Shocking referee for a game of this magnitude

This, Joke performance from the ref and linesman.

Such big swings, first leg where City got goal disallowed at the end and then at 2-0 last night. Liverpool got all the breaks and decisions, jammy scousers!

Worse thing is now we will hear about it from the eloquent bunch of fans for the next few weeks thinking they are the best team in England as ever without ever challenging for the title, only thing worse than a Liverpool fan is Millwank and Palars supporters!

Lets pray they dont get an easier draw in the Semi or whoever they get gives them a proper tonking .

Also commentators on BT are the worst, especially Glenn Hoddle. First half they are creaming themselves over City, 2nd half they forget all that and say that City haven't created enough? In my book City were unlucky not to be 3 up in the first half, Karius looked dodgy too.
  • Options
    I went Roma v Fiorentina on Saturday and Roma played some okay football but they couldn’t hit a barn door. Their defence and keeper were also very suspect the only two times they were tested and conceded. 3 days later they are spanking the best team in the world 3-0, funny old game.

Absolutely gutted I’m not still out there, fantastic people and probably my favourite city I’ve been too. Bet there’s a few sore heads this morning, Forza Roma.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Such big swings, first leg where City got goal disallowed at the end and then at 2-0 last night. Liverpool got all the breaks and decisions, jammy scousers!

Worse thing is now we will hear about it from the eloquent bunch of fans for the next few weeks thinking they are the best team in England as ever without ever challenging for the title, only thing worse than a Liverpool fan is Millwank and Palars supporters!

Lets pray they dont get an easier draw in the Semi or whoever they get gives them a proper tonking .

Also commentators on BT are the worst, especially Glenn Hoddle. First half they are creaming themselves over City, 2nd half they forget all that and say that City haven't created enough? In my book City were unlucky not to be 3 up in the first half, Karius looked dodgy too.
    You don't need to be the best side to win a cup though, but more often than not you do to win the league. They're not consistent enough to win the league but on their day Liverpool can beat anyone. Prime example earlier in the season when they destroyed City to end their unbeaten run then the following week they lost at Swansea who were bottom.

They've always been a good cup side though. Since 2000 they've won both the UEFA cup and the champions league plus 4-5 FA cups and league cups too.

Even in Klopp's first season they were shite in the league and finished below West ham and Southampton, but still got to the league cup and europa league finals.
  • Options

You don't need to be the best side to win a cup though, but more often than not you do to win the league. They're not consistent enough to win the league but on their day Liverpool can beat anyone. Prime example earlier in the season when they destroyed City to end their unbeaten run then the following week they lost at Swansea who were bottom.

They've always been a good cup side though. Since 2000 they've won both the UEFA cup and the champions league plus 4-5 FA cups and league cups too.

Even in Klopp's first season they were shite in the league and finished below West ham and Southampton, but still got to the league cup and europa league finals.
    Which is exactly why England could win the Wor.....
  • Options

Yes, VAR would have picked it up straight away. The official behind the goal should have spotted it though
    Absolutely (the man with the stick, NOT the VAR). What is the point in him being there if he couldn't see that? And, as I have said before why the f**k is he on the same side of the pitch as the linesman???? Surely a ten year old would see that a pair of eyes either side of the goal is better than two pairs on the same side?

Barca's defeat cheered up an otherwise horrible night of football...
  • Options

You are correct, on their day they are a match for anyone. However the way their fans still seem to shout like they have dominated the Premier league for years.

Twice they have won FA cup since 2000 - 2000/01, 2005/06 (according to Liverpool site) even arsenal have won it quite a bit recently.
    League cup since 2000: 2000/01, 2002/03, 2011/12 - Again its league cup nothing to shout about
    Champions league: 2004/05 3-3 (3-2 in penalty shootout) vs. AC Milan - Ok this is something to shout about but thats so long ago even Arsenal were unbeatables.
    Last league title : 1989-1990 - HAHAHA

Its not even jealousy as the record above is poor for a club of their size and fanbase, its just the way their fans act which makes me dislike them so much.
  • Options

Absolutely (the man with the stick, NOT the VAR). What is the point in him being there if he couldn't see that? And, as I have said before why the f**k is he on the same side of the pitch as the linesman???? Surely a ten year old would see that a pair of eyes either side of the goal is better than two pairs on the same side?

Have always wondered this. I can honestly say i've never once seen a 'goal line official' (or whatever they're called) actually do anything other than just get a nice close up view of the game.
  • Options

Have always wondered this. I can honestly say i've never once seen a 'goal line official' (or whatever they're called) actually do anything other than just get a nice close up view of the game.
    Yes, those goal line officials remind me of some of the ball boys at The Valley who forget that they actually have a job to do!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

To be fair to the ref it was the linesmen that flagged offside, and the expert referee in the studio also initially ruled it was offside with the benefit of several slow motion replays.

Linesman can't see who hit the ball though, just that Sane is in an offside position.

The ref should be able to tell it came off milner though.

Him and Pep have history anyway so don't think he should've been given the game.
    Absolutely disagree, no referee choice should be influenced by history of a manager as it would just encourage managers to kick up a stink more often.
  • Options

I went Roma v Fiorentina on Saturday and Roma played some okay football but they couldn’t hit a barn door. Their defence and keeper were also very suspect the only two times they were tested and conceded. 3 days later they are spanking the best team in the world 3-0, funny old game.

Absolutely gutted I’m not still out there, fantastic people and probably my favourite city I’ve been too. Bet there’s a few sore heads this morning, Forza Roma.

But when they turn it on, they can turn it on. They thumped Napoli 4-2 away and since then have been incredible. Dzeko is one of the most underrated strikers in the world. If that was Ibrahimovic last night putting in a performance like that, the media would be wetting themselves over him. Since he left the EPL he has been incredible, yet we never hear of him until Chelsea show a bit of interest.. then suddenly we hear about him because the EPL is the one and only league in the world of course.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

But when they turn it on, they can turn it on. They thumped Napoli 4-2 away and since then have been incredible. Dzeko is one of the most underrated strikers in the world. If that was Ibrahimovic last night putting in a performance like that, the media would be wetting themselves over him. Since he left the EPL he has been incredible, yet we never hear of him until Chelsea show a bit of interest.. then suddenly we hear about him because the EPL is the one and only league in the world of course.
    Agree re Dzeko- quality striker.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I think Dzeko is an incredible centre forward and I believe he could lead the line for any side in Europe. He was shocking on Saturday tho, couldn’t believe how bad his touch was. Seeing as the can’t win the league though, perhaps they took the foot of the gas with last night in mind. Either way, I’m absolutely delighted they won.
  • Options
    People complaining about Ref towards City but actually thought it was a foul on VVD for the 1st, don't know what he was complaining about initially but when he played the ball, Sterling clearly pushed him. Doesn't matter on size difference, a push is a push.
  • Options
    Agreed with everything on Dzeko. Really think he could have been a great asset in a City team who create a lot and could have done with him last night.
  • Options

Agreed with everything on Dzeko. Really think he could have been a great asset in a City team who create a lot and could have done with him last night.

It's not just Karl Robinson sides which lack a Plan B!

City lacked height and power last night, especially without Kompany who's excellent at attacking corners. There are times where you need something else other than silky skilful players trying to pass their way through a defence especially with a keeper like Karius who flaps at crosses
  • Options
    Pep has never had a plan B, but he usually never needs to move from plan A though
  • Options

Pep has never had a plan B, but he usually never needs to move from plan A though

In a game where one away goal for Liverpool would virtually win it for them, their formation last night to be was suicidal. By all means take Kompany off with 30 minutes to go if you're desperate for goals, but to start like that was far too risky.
  • Options

In a game where one away goal for Liverpool would virtually win it for them, their formation last night to be was suicidal. By all means take Kompany off with 30 minutes to go if you're desperate for goals, but to start like that was far too risky.
    As much as you have a point there, it was working the first half they were on fire and creating lots. After 10 mins i dont think Liverpool had a chance until late in the half , which again was expected. 2nd half it didn't really get going as Liverpool got the goal, fine lines with Pep he could have easily been a genius and was always going to be an easy target after putting out 3 defenders and full of attackers/ bar fernandinho (who was class both in defence and getting the ball forward)