Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sir Mo Farah

I think he's totally certain that he's innocent of any drugs offences.

Comments

• thing is, EVERYONE in athletics who has great success is surely on the gofasterstuffs and it's probably been the same for scores of years going back to B. C. Athens .. if you have to beat 'em, then join 'em
  • Even the Sunday Times that have run the story on their front page say Sir Mo has done nothing wrong.
  • It's got to the stage where I'm surprised if top level athletes aren't on something banned.

Even those who are "clean" are up to their eyeballs in supplements that are made to enhance their bodies to perform better. Personally I think that anything artificial that's is put into the body should be classed as unclean.

Personally hope that Mo hasn't taken anything banned as he comes across well and seems like a likeable guy. That said there's no smoke without fire and he has already lied about the involvement Salazar has had.
  • Yeah, I think breathing should be banned.
  • edited February 2017
    Fiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

Even those who are "clean" are up to their eyeballs in supplements that are made to enhance their bodies to perform better. Personally I think that anything artificial that's is put into the body should be classed as unclean.

Like Quorn?
    Tbf if he does actually eat that then it probably evens out all the doping.
  • colthe3rd said:

Fiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

Like Quorn?
    Tbf if he does actually eat that shit then it probably evens out all the doping.
    "Alleged" doping
  • He's lucky he isn't a white Russian.
  • Chizz said:

colthe3rd said:

Fiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

Like Quorn?
    Tbf if he does actually eat that shit then it probably evens out all the doping.
    "Alleged" doping
    Is there a difference between "alleged" doping and alleged doping?
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

colthe3rd said:

Fiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

Like Quorn?
    "Alleged" doping
    Is there a difference between "alleged" doping and alleged doping?
    No. But there's a huge difference between referring to someone doping and referring to someone's alleged doping.
  • Whatever, just glad we're not letting TERRORISTS like him into my country!!!*

No but seriously, because of the Muslim ban he might not be able to enter the US, where I believe he does a fair amount of training because we don't understand subtly or nuance or how Islam works.
  • Yeah, I think breathing should be banned.

Heard it's overrated.
  • SDAddick said:

Whatever, just glad we're not letting TERRORISTS like him into my country!!!*

No but seriously, because of the Muslim ban he might not be able to enter the US, where I believe he does a fair amount of training because we don't understand subtly or nuance or how Islam works.

He LIVES in the US, with his family.

(Although, it would be great if this thread didn't divert into the wrong direction).
  • Pretty sure he would have a British passport.
  • se9addick said:

One of the greatest British athletes in history, he deserves the presumption of innocence as much as anyone and I don't know why you would endeavour to take it away.

I don't think anyone is.
  • Chizz said:

se9addick said:

One of the greatest British athletes in history, he deserves the presumption of innocence as much as anyone and I don't know why you would endeavour to take it away.

I don't think anyone is.
    Then why is he "totally certain" rather than you ?
  • Mo's a ledge
  • If Mo Farah was really committed to making the sport cleaner and fairer, he would dump his coach.

He may well be clean, but he's not helping the sport keeping Salazar in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Chizz said:

se9addick said:

I don't think anyone is.
    Then why is he "totally certain" rather than you ?
    I think he's totally certain that he's innocent. And that, if it were to turn out he's been doped it would be a complete surprise to him. And to me, for that matter.
  • If Mo Farah was really committed to making the sport cleaner and fairer, he would dump his coach.

The best athlete in the world should sack the man that made him the best athlete in the world becaue some people claim he might be guilty of drugs offences?
  • Chizz said:

If Mo Farah was really committed to making the sport cleaner and fairer, he would dump his coach.

The best athlete in the world should sack the man that made him the best athlete in the world becaue some people claim he might be guilty of drugs offences?
    When it's the United States Anti-Doping Agency, it carries slightly more weight.

The whole situation with supplements is basically a joke at this point. It's doping and everyone knows that every athlete is on multiple different supplements to enhance performance.
  • Chizz said:

If Mo Farah was really committed to making the sport cleaner and fairer, he would dump his coach.

When it's the United States Anti-Doping Agency, it carries slightly more weight.

The whole situation with supplements is basically a joke at this point. It's doping and everyone knows that every athlete is on multiple different supplements to enhance performance.
    Has Salazar been convicted? Or is he innocent?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Has Salazar been convicted? Or is he innocent?
    Look at it this way, have you ever heard of a movie character with a name like Salazar who wasn't a villain?
    So, are you saying Mo should ditch his coach and risk his career because he has a funny name?
  • The reality is 'shock, horror', clean athlete been identified at sporting event.

Now that would be rare.
  • The reality is 'shock, horror', clean athlete been identified at sporting event.

Now that would be rare.

But perhaps not as rare as a Tour De France cyclist surely?

Now that would be rare.

But perhaps not as rare as a Tour De France cyclist surely?
    The average premier league footballer can be expected to be drug tested once every two years. The average pro cyclist 25 times per year. That's 'average', BTW - if you win, you're tested more often.

Cycling used to have a massive problem with peds - absolutely endemic for decades. However, cyclists are now by far the most tested athletes in sport and the number of positives is almost negligible compared with, say, Oooooooh - Athletics.