Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Mo Farah

Comments

• Options

I thought this thread would be all about whether he was a drugs cheat or not. Spoken to loads who reckon he is. Any inside info?

Everyone at the top level of sports is. In every sport.
    Really?
    Arsene Wenger from 2016: "In 30 years as a coach, I have never had my players injected so that they might perform better. I’m proud of that. I have played against a lot of teams who were not in the same frame of mind."

Wenger in 2004: "We have had some players come to us at Arsenal from other clubs abroad and their red blood cell count has been abnormally high," he said at the time. "That kind of thing makes you wonder. There are clubs who dope their players without the players knowing. The club might say that they were being injected with vitamins and the player would not necessarily know that it was something different."

“It is very difficult for me to believe that you have 740 players in the World Cup and you come out with zero problems," he said.

Interview with Angel Heredia, once a doping dealer and now a chief witness for the U.S. Justice Department about how widespread doping is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/6s044r/long_read_extremely_insightful_interview_on_peds/

https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/probably-the-best-ped-insights-you-will-ever-see-in-this-interview.412846/
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    se9addick said:

I thought this thread would be all about whether he was a drugs cheat or not. Spoken to loads who reckon he is. Any inside info?

Who have you spoken to that "reckon he is"?

Honestly, if he was, I reckon he would have been caught by now.
    I;m not sure on the exact details, but I remember reading something, perhaps after the Olympics, about how Mo's performances had dramatically improved after he changed his coach, a coach who has something of a 'reputation' now that isn't proof of anything, I know, but it's certainly offers some food for thought.

Tbh, I'm with @SELR_addicks here, I think they're all at it.
  • Options
    I tell you what, anyone who is not 100% in admiration of Mo Farah, do yourself a favour and seek out a copy of tonight's Zurich Diamond League 5,000m, his last ever track race.

In it was Edris who beat him in the world's and a whole host of others who thought he was now there to be taken. I'll spoil the finish for you, Mo holds them all off in one of the tightest finishes you'll ever see, and if you ever need an example of how much sheer determination there is in an individual to be a winner, the No. 1, you won't ever see a finer example than this last lap.

Absolute legend
  • Options
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I thought the athletics world championship was the last ever?
  • Options
    It's filth journalists like Stan collynore matt Dickinson etc that fuel this fire

If for one second these absolute c$$ts of human beings thought they had any evidence on mo Farrah taking drugs they would've been dribbling semen at the thought of their headline in the morning

Both on twitter have let out that we knight drug cheats in this country

Yet when called out have refused to divulge that are just attention seeking whoars

If mo has done it , it will come out and his reputation will be rightly ruined and dragged through the mire

Until then let's just behold him as a national treasure and the master in his chosen art
  • Options

I tell you what, anyone who is not 100% in admiration of Mo Farah, do yourself a favour and seek out a copy of tonight's Zurich Diamond League 5,000m, his last ever track race.

In it was Edris who beat him in the world's and a whole host of others who thought he was now there to be taken. I'll spoil the finish for you, Mo holds them all off in one of the tightest finishes you'll ever see, and if you ever need an example of how much sheer determination there is in an individual to be a winner, the No. 1, you won't ever see a finer example than this last lap.

Absolute legend

Just think where he'd have finished if he wasn't smoking the pancake :wink:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I thought the athletics world championship was the last ever?

It was his final track championship race

• Options

Alberto Salazar - Mo Farah's former athletics coach - has been banned from the sport for four years after being found guilty of doping violations.

Salazar runs the Nike Oregon Project - home to British four-time Olympic champion Farah from 2011 until 2017.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/49882757

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Salazar was found guilty he should have received a life ban.
    If athletics really want to make the sport "clean", why would they let him return ?
  • Options
    Once a cheat, always a cheat
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    If athletics really want to make the sport "clean", why would they let him return ?

the sport will never return to being 'clean' .. on the weekend, the men's 100 metres world champ winner was a suspected drug cheat, suspected being the operative word

IF IF Farah was taking drugs, 2 things occur to me .. 1) The substance was good enough or the masking clever enough to avoid detection and 2) On the assumption that the majority of athletes are breaking the rules, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em .. whatever, Farah is a fantastic athlete and druggie or not (I say not), is worthy of immense respect
  • Options

the sport will never return to being 'clean' .. on the weekend, the men's 100 metres world champ winner was a suspected drug cheat, suspected being the operative word

IF IF Salah was taking drugs, 2 things occur to me .. 1) The substance was good enough or the masking clever enough to avoid detection and 2) On the assumption that the majority of athletes are breaking the rules, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em .. whatever, Salah is a fantastic athlete and druggie or not (I say not), is worthy of immense respect
    He’s a decent footballer as well
  • Options

IF IF Salah was taking drugs, 2 things occur to me .. 1) The substance was good enough or the masking clever enough to avoid detection and 2) On the assumption that the majority of athletes are breaking the rules, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em .. whatever, Salah is a fantastic athlete and druggie or not (I say not), is worthy of immense respect
    He’s a decent footballer as well
    lol .. I am mixing up me Salahs and Farahs .. altered the text .. perhaps no-one (except for thee) will notice ((:>)
  • Options
    Casts a shadow over Mo. Hope he can clear his name completely but it’s odd to be honest.
  • Options
    Anybody who can’t run 26 miles without being sick can £u** off. 
  • Options

IF IF Farah was taking drugs, 2 things occur to me .. 1) The substance was good enough or the masking clever enough to avoid detection and 2) On the assumption that the majority of athletes are breaking the rules, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em .. whatever, Farah is a fantastic athlete and druggie or not (I say not), is worthy of immense respect
    I was once speaking to a lecturer at Canterbury university that was involved with the statistical analysis of drug testing. He said the drugs are often years ahead of the tests, ie what they need to look for. This is why they keep samples for years these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder what the those who want to be charged, would do?

Winning 🥇 for Rwanda.
    Wow!  That's going to be worth a watch.
  • Options
    'Kick on Mo, Kick on', I remember the words I was shouting at the London Olympics. What pride and joy he gave the nation.
  • Options
    Good on the teacher who helped him, by the way.
    Or should he be in prison for helping an illegal immigrant?
  • Options
    Genuinely a very brave thing to admit with this government in power.

Wouldn't put it past Priti Patel to try to send him back to Somalia/Somaliland as an example.
    It’s a tragedy, but I completely agree with you.
  • Options
    Is that a crime?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Is that a crime?
    Sorry - I was obviously making a needless sarcastic comment. I shouldn't post so early in the morning.
  • Options
    "The documentary ends with Farah speaking to the real Mohamed Farah, whose identity he took entering the UK"

Imagine thinking some one famous who had the same name as you actually was using your name and identity. That's mental.