Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Mo Farah

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I don't believe anything this man says. 
    Imagine reading this story and saying that. Wow.
  • Options
    Genuinely a very brave thing to admit with this government in power.

Wouldn't put it past Priti Patel to try to send him back to Somalia/Somaliland as an example.
    Doesn’t he reside in America now?
  • Options
    "The documentary ends with Farah speaking to the real Mohamed Farah, whose identity he took entering the UK"

Imagine thinking some one famous who had the same name as you actually was using your name and identity. That's mental. 
    You've obviously not heard of the Surrey fast bowler, Kent Addick
  • Options
    Genuinely a very brave thing to admit with this government in power.

Wouldn't put it past Priti Patel to try to send him back to Somalia/Somaliland as an example.
    Doesn’t he reside in America now?
    Ah true, but still, guessing he'd quite like to be able to keep his citizenship.
  • Options
    Regarding the PED discussion earlier. For every dollar spent on drug testing, ten is spent on avoiding being detected in tests. Nearly all of the top athletes are on something. 
  • Options
    interesting and I guess this has been on his mind for a long time .. shows that many immigrants, 'legal or illegal' have a lot to offer this country, given the chance and under the right circumstances
    Well done Mo for telling the story
    I've read this 4 times now and still can't work out why it's been given a lol. 
    Me neither but sooo tempting to lol you. I have resisted and now virtue signal that fact
  • Options
    interesting and I guess this has been on his mind for a long time .. shows that many immigrants, 'legal or illegal' have a lot to offer this country, given the chance and under the right circumstances
    Well done Mo for telling the story
    I've read this 4 times now and still can't work out why it's been given a lol. 
    because I'm worth it lol .. hahahaha .. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This story is multi layered and a Rag to riches never the less. I will need to find out more before getting my head around the story.

Bizarre and probably not unique as there are probably a million other stories of trafficked folk from around the world who are in the UK, many being exploited but Possibly many  degrees of success under new identities.

We hear about the people who died in the back of containers and upturned dinghies but the majority have been getting through for decades. Multi talented but also the not so desirable people.

For Mo Farrah to run with this news he knew the story was going to break so he wisely made sure it came from him. Why otherwise unless he knew multi millions would be paid by Hollywood ? Trumps Vardy story of jail to Premier League winner which was going to be made by the film Moguls. 

It begs the question: if you are a sporting success you can lie about your passport but if you work 14 hours a day in a Kitchen every day we will probably deport you ?

A human story which will divide opinion; every story divides opinion so why not this one with a sports super star.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Good on the teacher who helped him, by the way.
    Or should he be in prison for helping an illegal immigrant?
    Is that a crime?
    Knowingly so is .
    A teacher helping a vulnerable student isn't illegal. Get in the bin.
  • Options

Words fail me.
    She seems like the type of person who also complains about "cancel culture" everytime they can...
  • Options
    So he gave up a shit job to become a world beating Olympian and all round cool guy!

Pah!
  • Options
    So would he want to be referred to as his original name? 

I suppose as he has been Mo Farah for most of his life, to him that is his identity now. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I always enjoy these threads. The dimmer little Englanders confirm what we already thought and a few new ones come to light. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Words fail me.
    a couple who have been knighted under names other than their 'birth names' .. Elton John and Cliff Richard .. whether they were knighted under 'false pretences' is a matter of opinion and personal taste 
  • Options
    What an extraordinary story, what an extraordinary journey, what an extraordinary life and what an extraordinary man.
    A bit of a moist eyes moment from me.
    Just watched it and found it an incredibly powerful documentary. 

Showing again on BBC1 at 11 if anyone is interested 
  • Options

Words fail me.
    a couple who have been knighted under names other than their 'birth names' .. Elton John and Cliff Richard .. whether they were knighted under 'false pretences' is a matter of opinion and personal taste 
    Elton John changed his name by deed poll many years ago. I think Cliff is technically Sir Harry Webb?