Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#UnityProtest in Sint-Truiden - Official Protest/'Match' Thread 3rd/4th March 2017

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
Ok, time is almost upon us, i'm packed with leaflets,scarves,shirts,protest shirts and other items.

Lets use this thread to publish pix and videos and anecdotes of the weekend - no doubt this will be viewed many times and we will sit down and laugh at what happened (and no doubt a few tears too).

Looking forward to seeing you all in Sint Truiden

Anyway, as our mate Henry might have said..

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Stiffen the sinews,follow your spirit, and upon this charge
God for Charlton, The Addicks, and Sint Truiden!"

Comments

• Options

You've cursed it now. Nothing CAFC related which is prefixed "Operation" ever ends well.

There's a first for everything!

This will be that time!
  • Options

Henners! You been nicking famous quotes again! :wink:
  • Options
    All the very best to all of you in Belgium this weekend. I'm sorry I cannot be there.
  • Options
    I can't be there but kudos to those that are going. Go get him!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck and a safe journey to all those going.
  • Options
    Great effort el-pietro. I'd say older Charlton shirts are a good shout, if you haven't aquired a full protest wardrobe.
  • Options
    Well done el-pietro fantastic effort. I will have a few protest shirts with me but only have Mens XS OR XL left. I do have Roland Out hoodies which I will have with me in all sizes. I'm on the overnight coach.
  • Options

el-pietro said:

Flights sorted, train tickets sorted. Early start for me tomorrow. 5:50 am flight from Cork to Amsterdam, and then a train from Amsterdam to Brussels and then onto St. Truiden. I'll probably arrive a little after lunch giving me a little bit of time for a few beers and maybe a bit of a wander around the town before the protest. Hopefully I'll see some of you there.

As this is my first protest, any advice on whether fans usually wear colours at these events? I know there were protest shirts etc but as I don't have any of those t would wearing an old Charlton shirt from a better time be considered uncouth? I might have a black or white shirt from time gone past if that is considered preferable to red.

I can't answer your question, but by God what an extraordinary effort. Very well done.
    Yes. Is this the longest protest trip we know of? I dont count, as I have ( just) already arrived in London.

Shout out to @Coyotejohn1947 who is coming up from Devon. We meet up tonight at Trust board meet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Henners! You been nicking famous quotes again! :wink:

I know you think I'm the most famous Henry in the world but I think he means Henry V : - )
  • Options
    Went to Bruges today - nice place but a bit rainy. Back in Brussels and all is well and feels warmer. Looking forward to heading to St Truiden tomorrow. What time are we expected to arrive?
  • Options
    Frites anyone?