Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#UnityProtest in Sint-Truiden - Official Protest/'Match' Thread 3rd/4th March 2017

Comments

• Options
    Outside Gent. Just passed a building with a big inflatable pig on it. They know we're coming...
  • Options

@Stig - four rows from the front, just behind the very hardworking @Badger.

I don't know @Badger but it sounds like you're about a row in front. I'm the one in the blue jumper.
  • Options
    Well done to all who organised and are going.

I'll be with you in spirit, mostly whisky and gin.

Give the old fucker a bloody damn good thrashing, it's the only language he'll understand!
  • Options
    Good luck today everyone, I would have loved to join in the fun but a longstanding family commitment got in the way.

One snippet of life to spur everyone on: I was walking through Chislehurst rec this morning with my daughter and there were about 50 kids between the age of 6 and 10 playing organised games of football in their replica tops. I kid you not - there was not a single Charlton top to be seen in the sea of premiershit kits. Not a single kid (or parent) proud enough of our local club at the moment to dodge the taunts. Two of them were in Dortmund kit ffs.
    So so sad.
  • Options
    Tried to get time off to be there but alas no. There in spirit though. Amazing what can be achieved by supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to all those travelling, I can't thank the organisers and those travelling enough. Roland and Nightmeire out!
  • Options
    Day coach passing Brussels on the ring road...
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone in Belgium! I would have loved to have gone, but I booked my Northampton train ticket ages ago and agreed to meet up with an old housemate who lives there. I'm also short of money at the moment, and Sundays are when I referee, so I couldn't really afford to pull out of both of tomorrow's my games and turn down £50.

Have a great trip! I'm sure I'm one of the many Charlton fans grateful for what you're doing.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thank you and well done to everyone making the trip to Belgium
  • Options
    Overnight coach has stopped in Hasselt to allow people to dump their bags at hotels.

Off to St Truiden shortly.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, work commitments mean I can't be with you in person, but I am in spirit.

Thank you so much everyone for the great efforts you are making to save our club.

Hope you all have a great time - good luck and stay safe.
  • Options
    As i sit on my laptop in Dubai, i must admit to being slightly jealous of everyone on the trip. Makes you proud to be a Charlton fan. Great work to all who've travelled.
  • Options

As i sit on my laptop in Dubai, i must admit to being slightly jealous of everyone on the trip. Makes you proud to be a Charlton fan. Great work to all who've travelled.

Echo those sentiments, very jealous and proud of the Addicks that have made the trip to Belgium.

• Options
    Shall we start some bingo on what the old fools reaction will be? I think a statement and maybe even a sacking for Robinson should the result in Northampton be poor again.
  • Options
    Snowing over here, the kids have big races this morning - but will be checking in to see how thibgs are going over in Belgium. Great effort & give Douchebag hell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope you're all trying to get the Dûchatelet stream of our game today!!!

Good luck out there. I'm gutted I can't join.
  • Options
    Day coach a mile or so outside Sint-Truiden. Weather is dry...
  • Options
    Live commentary from Northampton the bus as we arrive in St Truiden
  • Options

I hope you're all trying to get the Dûchatelet stream of our game today!!!

Good luck out there. I'm gutted I can't join.

There's only one type of "stream" that I associate with Duchatelet, and, unless Belgium is much more niche than I imagine, it's unlikely to be on TV over there....
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Police forcing us to take our Roland out flag down!
  • Options
    We lose today at Northampton and it's taxi for Robinson.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    robroy said:

Police forcing us to take our Roland out flag down!

Doh! Thought this was supposedly at STVV, where I am gazing out on the empty stadium. Belgian beer...
  • Options
    Both coaches now in Sint-Truiden, the day coach negotiating some very tight corners!