Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

#UnityProtest in Sint-Truiden - Official Protest/'Match' Thread 3rd/4th March 2017

Comments

• cabbles said:

I respect every fan's opinion but I'm at a loss to explain why anybody doesn't back proactive measures to get them out now.

It's beyond shit. Nothing positive can come of them being in charge and this spiral of decline will continue whilst they remain. I get some might say they don't want CARD speaking on their behalf, but that has never been CARD's intention.

You've also got to look at the pace of decline under them. I don't think that those who are still there 'just to watch the football' realise what a monumental catastrophe these 3 years have been. They took over a championship team with the squad and spirit to continue competing at that level quite comfortably and have taken us to the brink of the basement division.....

What more needs to happen for god's sake

I think EssexAl needs to answer this post..
  • cabbles said:

I respect every fan's opinion but I'm at a loss to explain why anybody doesn't back proactive measures to get them out now.

It's beyond shit. Nothing positive can come of them being in charge and this spiral of decline will continue whilst they remain. I get some might say they don't want CARD speaking on their behalf, but that has never been CARD's intention.

You've also got to look at the pace of decline under them. I don't think that those who are still there 'just to watch the football' realise what a monumental catastrophe these 3 years have been. They took over a championship team with the squad and spirit to continue competing at that level quite comfortably and have taken us to the brink of the basement division.....

I've long reached the point where I class anyone who defends RD as a wind up.
  • I'm running out of steam with those on Facebook, way too many narcissists. So many slag off the protests yet don't want to get off their ass and make any effort to get Roland out. So many just insult those who support CARD yet won't actually try to prove their point and just insult more.

What makes it worse, now there's talk of ultras, resorting to violence and aggression to get Roland out and that to me is the complete opposite of who Charlton are, and I hope it's something we never see.

• Those that are so 'embarrassed' would do themselves a favour by not being embarrassed on the behalf of others, but perhaps themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Let's see where we are after the summer transfer window.......FFS!
  • Good ITV report. Obviously the club's statement was cobblers, but then so is everything they come out with.

And you came across very well indeed @InspectorSands so well done!
  • edited March 2017

I'm running out of steam with those on Facebook, way too many narcissists. So many slag off the protests yet don't want to get off their ass and make any effort to get Roland out. So many just insult those who support CARD yet won't actually try to prove their point and just insult more.

What makes it worse, now there's talk of ultras, resorting to violence and aggression to get Roland out and that to me is the complete opposite of who Charlton are, and I hope it's something we never see.

Those advocating violence will never be part of the CARD, Belgium 20 protest and the minute we resort to it, which we won't, we lose the argument. But there are 4 positions - those that think Roland is the best thing for our club (yes about two of them who would be against him if everybody else was for him), then you have those that believe he is rubbish, but don't believe we can do anything about it and protesting only damages the club and he may suddenly change his ways, then you have those that feel the path under Roland leads to oblivion and are fighting against him to save their club (I'm here) and finally those that hold the previous view, but only believe he will listen to aggresion (thankfully very small numbers of these, but you don't need big numbers).

You can't win the argument when people have their own personal motivations that have nothing to do with the owner, but you can win over the others when the next round of promises don't come to anything. Of course if the club suddenly becomes well run and goes in the right direction, people will desert the protests. For me it isn't a big if - I have seen enough to know that won't happen. But we will all have different points when we work that out!
  • Lurker said:

cabbles said:

I've long reached the point where I class anyone who defends RD as a wind up.
    They're not even Roland supporters, they just don't agree with protesting. They see it as a waste of time and effort. Seems to be the same people that think if the manager gets time and money to spend it'll be ok next season. He never will under RD.

No real success is possible when the priority is developing young players. It might work for a smaller club but not with the expectations we have at this level. As for the Championship it's far too difficult a league for it work there.

I'm sure some of them would feel different if the protests were violent, but of course everyone that suggests that always wants someone else to do it.
  • I'm running out of steam with those on Facebook, way too many narcissists. So many slag off the protests yet don't want to get off their ass and make any effort to get Roland out. So many just insult those who support CARD yet won't actually try to prove their point and just insult more.

Narcissists on Facebook Sheepie? Surely not!!

• Narcissists on Facebook Sheepie? Surely not!!

Ha I know, it's like Jeremy Kyle on there these days! I seem to be on a mission to try and educate those on there who slag anyone off lately (I'm Justin on there...probably seen my posts), but sometimes I'm seriously left banging my head against the wall at the attitudes of most

Key word there is "talk". No action though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Based on the experience of the Olympic Stadium campaign, I am not at all surprised to read the relative assessments of the BBC's Chris Slegg, and ITV's Amy Lewis. Only worry is because the BBC are much better at actually gathering news ( rather than pre-determining what the news is) something else might come along to shorten or bump off Chris's piece tonight. Cross fingers.

Very prescient of you Prague.
  • Both sides report's were ok tbf
    Let's hope it embarrasses the senile old scrote and encourages him to sell up sooner rather than later

i didn't realised you owned the cloob?!?! :wink:
  • Both sides report's were ok tbf
    Let's hope it embarrasses the senile old scrote and encourages him to sell up sooner rather than later

i didn't realised you owned the cloob?!?! :wink:

The fire service pension obviously goes a long way.
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

I don't know if any of you look at the Facebook group but they're seriously grinding my gears at absolutely every turn they're negative towards any form of action as embarrassing and doomed to fail

Their stance is to 'support the team', that they're not regime fans but cannot actualy articulate what they'd do differently other than to slag off any efforts people make.

There's no reasoning with them at all

Jon - I think the clue is Facebook :smile:
  • Ha - i'm on the front page.

John, can you keep the paper please ?
  • Brilliant photos