Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Scunthorpe - Official Match Thread (7/3/17)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    In the old days, they've had fitted that lot into about 10 yards by 10 of the east bank terracing.
  • Options
    FK Headed off, throw to us in the 37 min.

Byrne, goes back to Rudd under pressure. Long, Mirfin intercepts, lofted forward to Rudd. Takes his time. Van Veen on him. Long, Novak wins it, tries to find Josh, Clark gets it. Josh pressures him and gets the throw. Chix takes it in their half.

Holmes does really well, to Joe who turns and Mirfin has to foul him but somehow avoids a yellow.

FK in a great position, near their box out wide.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Can we keep a clean sheet at last?

Sssshhhhhh! Don't jinx it!
  • Options
    Stig said:

ross1 said:

1-0 JJ

Blimey, things are looking up.
    Oi I hope that phone / tablet is waterproof :wink:
  • Options
    Ricky takes it. One man wall - it's Sherlock.

Floated in, Novak can't... Ulvestad clips it in, Tex tries to flick it to Josh but he was on his heels.

Daniels to Toffee, to Morris, to Toffee, but Byrne does really well to stop them, they have a corner.
  • Options

Stig said:

ross1 said:

1-0 JJ

Blimey, things are looking up.
    How many points off the play offs are we?
    I'm not thinking of play offs, more like swerving a drop.
  • Options
    Yay!
  • Options
    Was on a train to Charlton with my season ticket in my pocket but got off at Blackheath and walked back to Lee. That was before I found out the White Swan was shut. Very sad view of the East Stand.
  • Options
    Sherlock swings it in, easily cleared by Konsa. Sherlock has it back, Byrne stops them... Dawson gets it, crosses, but Tex clears, back to Dawson. To Crooks, but his chip finds Mirffin offside.
  • Options
    Jeff
    aliwibble said:

ross1 said:

Jeff Stelling has already done that by stating we've never lost 5 on the bounce outside the top 2 divisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jeff

aliwibble said:

ross1 said:

Jeff Stelling has already done that by stating we've never lost 5 on the bounce outside the top 2 divisions.
    A draw it will be then
  • Options
    kafka said:

Rose is my tipple ce soir.

Expected a small crowd but that picture of the east is terrifying.

I can see a Vivino thread coming on
    Nearly started one but thought it might be a bit subversive!!
  • Options
    Rud has the ball. Ricky can't get to it, they go froward, Tex headers clear, Ricky and Novak should have seen it coming, it goes through to their keeper, Daniels. He goes long, Van Veen... he goes to Toffee, inside to Morris, to Toffee, to Van Veen, chipped forward to Morris. OFFSIDE AGAIN! I am not sure they know how this rule works. They are trying to chip our back four a lot.
  • Options
    Rudd has the FK, long to Josh, who finds Ricky, to Novak in the box, but Toffee gets there. Van Veen gets it... Josh wins it, to Ulvestad, to Ricky, great ball! But Aribo can't get to it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

OFFSIDE AGAIN! I am not sure they know how this rule works.

Maybe Magdennis can run it by them?
  • Options
    Play offs here we come then...!!!,

Oh dear them pills are kickin in again...I'm just starting to feel a little discombobulated
  • Options
    Scunny have a goal kick. Daniels takes, long one. Tex gets to it. Konsa, goes long, Ricky can't get it, goes back to Daniels, long ball, Aribo wins it. To Novak... they have a throw. We are pressuring them when they have the ball and it's working.
  • Options
    Ball over top works for a change. They cross, Tex wins the header and we clear. 1 min added time.
  • Options
    HT 1-0
  • Options
    It's a corner. Morris takes. Beats Van Veen, we clear twice. Ulvestad gets it further away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dawson has it. To Morris... HALF TIME!
  • Options
    Sounds great so far.
  • Options
    Pleased with that. Same again please in the second half. JJ to the rescue again.
  • Options
    Atrocious game.

We're both terrible, just like any other game we've seen in League One.

Best performance was by the ref who has been exemplary.

Can't say you wouldn't want Jacko there. No one in the ground looks like they give a fuck (including the fans!) other than him.
  • Options
    Just got back from some fieldwork to see we're only bloody winning against Scunthorpe - typical bloody Charlton eh? They love a bit of false hope, and a false hope win is usually accompanied by a Jacko goal.

The CAFCPlayer stats say we've had 70% possession - is that right?
  • Options
    JJ and his wooden legs still have it - must be nice for the other players to listen to some sense.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe looking very poor - hope they dont improve second half.
  • Options

Atrocious game.

We're both terrible, just like any other game we've seen in League One.

Best performance was by the ref who has been exemplary.

Can't say you wouldn't want Jacko there. No one in the ground looks like they give a fuck (including the fans!) other than him.

I'll take your word for it, but the commentators are much more positive!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!