Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAYER OF THE YEAR DINNER - CANCELLED

Comments

• Options

I think Fanny should leg it on the pitch before the last game to hand the trophy to the winner.

(Or a willing alternative) ?

There must be a way to present the trophy that would shame Meire ? Ideas on a postcard.

Unlikely I guess but could always get in touch with the BBC /ITV journalists who came to Belgium and see if they had any interest in a short news slot of fans giving a player the POTY award on TV due to the fact the club has cancelled the event?
  • Options
    I am lost for words, another new depth plumbed by Daisy. Totally the right decision.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Swisdom said:

The term over-reaction doesn't do this justice. It's incredibly petty.

How someone can have a tantrum which results in the cancellation of a fan-run tradition - especially when that person is supposed to be building bridges with fans rather than building obstacles.

Coming over to the dark side Swis?

Just keeping his options open :wink: .
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

BDL said:

Swisdom said:

How someone can have a tantrum which results in the cancellation of a fan-run tradition - especially when that person is supposed to be building bridges with fans rather than building obstacles.

Always have been and always will be a fan of Charlton. All I have ever wanted is for the club to move forwards regardless of the owners but this regime cannot help but fuck things up.

. This development goes against the fans and is disgraceful. Once all the facts come out I suspect this will cause a huge shitstorm - provided the content of the email doesn't give the club any grounds to act as they have

Are you on the fans Forum @Swisdom ?

• Options
    edited March 2017

Swisdom said:

BDL said:

Swisdom said:

Always have been and always will be a fan of Charlton. All I have ever wanted is for the club to move forwards regardless of the owners but this regime cannot help but fuck things up.

. This development goes against the fans and is disgraceful. Once all the facts come out I suspect this will cause a huge shitstorm - provided the content of the email doesn't give the club any grounds to act as they have

Are you on the fans Forum @Swisdom ?

No @Amos on the wing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think Fanny should leg it on the pitch before the last game to hand the trophy to the winner.

(Or a willing alternative) ?

There must be a way to present the trophy that would shame Meire ? Ideas on a postcard.

Unlikely I guess but could always get in touch with the BBC /ITV journalists who came to Belgium and see if they had any interest in a short news slot of fans giving a player the POTY award on TV due to the fact the club has cancelled the event?
    but the club haven't cancelled the event. This is why any involving of the press has got to have the correct information.
    True, but their actions have so press would still buy into it. Fair point about the email.
  • Options
    The right decision has been made. I'd let the club make the next move. See if they announce their event and then go for the jugular.
  • Options
    Given that @Fanny Fanackapan is the current fan of the year I'd say it's yet another own goal by de Cloob.

If the thing we all hope is currently happening doesn't happen then they'll go ahead and do their own thing, Commerford and his bunch of fools will be there.

@killerjerrylee do you have the trophy? As that doesn't belong to the club.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

se9addick said:

Shocking to hear this, but I get it.

"With only one exception" name and shame the collaborators - we need to identify them for future reference.

East Kent Addicks.
    Can't say I'm surprised

I presume true Addicks supporters in East Kent are now organising to remove the cuckoos from the nest at the earliest opportunity.
  • Options
    sm said:

bellz2002 said:

se9addick said:

Shocking to hear this, but I get it.

"With only one exception" name and shame the collaborators - we need to identify them for future reference.

East Kent Addicks.
    Can't say I'm surprised

I presume true Addicks supporters in East Kent are now organising to remove the cuckoos from the nest at the earliest opportunity.
    The AGM is on Thursday 23rd March where the committee will be re-standing for election and so members can agree with the motion or make a point to say they shouldn't be elected back on.

I'm not getting involved (again) until the regime have gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly. The club know all fans would be laughing in agreement with Fanny's comment not horrified, and that's what they are scared of. As well as knowing how popular something organized by "mere fans" really is.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Is anyone able to work out the last time there was no Player of the Year Do. Can't think of single season this had happened in the previous 35 seasons past.

Great credit to the organisers for telling the club where to go.

I believe there wasn't a POTY I never 1972, this was voted on a few years back. Keith Peacock got the vote.
  • Options
    @killerjerrylee @Fanny Fanackapan I am sorry that you're now not able to run the POTY.

Fingers crossed this may be a momentary absence on an exemplary attendance record and we all come together again next year and do it justice once again.
  • Options
    I am still trying to get my head around why it was thought having it straight after the match was a good idea.

• Options

From what I've heard the email doesn't amount to anything that would do any more than make people on here laugh and nod in agreement. It's the club that would be more embarrassed if it came out this is what they were complaining about rather than the author.

Has the fact that the POTY event has been totally Meired just given CARD more ammunition?
  • Options
    I was told by someone (who shall remain nameless) that the two reasons that Jean is not allowed to be associated with it are that she wrote a nasty letter to Katrien and as she's not part of the Fans Forum anymore she's not entitled to help run it.

At the time I thought those comments were ridiculous and based in bitterness / told lies from someone within the club.