Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAYER OF THE YEAR DINNER - CANCELLED

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    sm said:

RedChaser said:

I think we should do the voting for POTY as in previous years(outside before home games).

At the Swindon game the fans then wait outside the players entrance after the game to present the winner with his goodies.

What do other people think to this idea?

I quite like this as an idea. We could all meet in the West Stand Car Park after the game and hold "an award ceremony".

POTY. Young POTY. Worst run club in England. Worst owner in England. Worst CEO in England.

We could just announce the awards by megaphone, that will do for the time being.
    I know just the man :wink: .
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu0prnzW8AA92a4.jpg
    Why do it outside our stadium?
    I wouldn't classify in the car park / outside the players entrance as 'outside the stadium'; see Covered End's original post.
  • Options
    sm said:

RedChaser said:

I think we should do the voting for POTY as in previous years(outside before home games).

At the Swindon game the fans then wait outside the players entrance after the game to present the winner with his goodies.

What do other people think to this idea?

I quite like this as an idea. We could all meet in the West Stand Car Park after the game and hold "an award ceremony".

POTY. Young POTY. Worst run club in England. Worst owner in England. Worst CEO in England.

We could just announce the awards by megaphone, that will do for the time being.
    I know just the man :wink: .
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu0prnzW8AA92a4.jpg
    Why do it outside our stadium?
    A themed demonstration.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    FORD said:

Meire is ego based, there's no logic or reason involved in her decision. There's no strategic approach, it's just her ego being bruised and her instinctive reaction that highlight her true character.

Yet again another good thing associated with the club has been well and truly meired.

There's her legacy...that term (to meire) will live on beyond her days in charge. In years to come we will meet up and talk about the game...bloody hell that Smith in defence really meired that tackle.

Make it part of the valley vocabulary and you get to that ego. It's through her ego that CARD gets it's headlines.

Oh dear, that was a Meire of a shot.

2 up and we lost. We really Meired that up.

The legacy she deserves.
  • Options
    I echo everyone else, very sad, but the correct decision.
  • Options
    How sad that this is what Charlton has become.

Sell the club, OUR club, you're not wanted.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

I think the correct decision has been made by Ian Jean and Marilyn. I do find it weird and I possibly mean unique probably both that a CEO would want to get involved at all. She is mad.

Squirrel face even had the front to attend last years event.

She deliberately sets out to antagonise people, a dreadful woman.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Stig said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Is anyone able to work out the last time there was no Player of the Year Do. Can't think of single season this had happened in the previous 35 seasons past.

Great credit to the organisers for telling the club where to go.

1972. The the award was retrospectively given to Keith Peacock, I believe as part of the Centenary celebrations in 2005.
    Sorry, that's the last time there wasn't an award. I don't know if there's always been a do in that time or whether there had been one in 1972 an no-one bothered recording the result.
    '72 was a shit season and we got relegated to the 3rd division for the first time since 1935.
    I'd never begrudge Keith Peacock any award, but Ray Treacy got about 20 goals in that shit season and was my hero at the time, so he would have got my vote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anybody on here sent an email to squirrel face and received a reply?
  • Options

I'd like to thank Ian & Jean for all their efforts. Personally, I think you've made the correct decision and it just shows Meire once again, for the spiteful vindictive person that she is.

Anyway, this will provide excellent media news, I can see the headlines now.

"Charlton CEO Katrien Meire causes Charlton's POTY event to be cancelled after refusing permission for the Supporter of The Year to organise it as usual"

Just sell the club. Shame on you Katrien.

What papers/sites do you read? I can't think of any using that or a similar headline.

It's a bit of a non story really. I'm against Duchatelet, pro CARD et al but completely indifferent to a POTY dinner. As I think are most addicks.

Only those who like schmoozing with players and staff care much about this.
  • Options
    The lib will hold it :-)
  • Options

Has anybody on here sent an email to squirrel face and received a reply?

I've sent a few. I wasn't expecting a reply :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    iainment said:

I'd like to thank Ian & Jean for all their efforts. Personally, I think you've made the correct decision and it just shows Meire once again, for the spiteful vindictive person that she is.

Anyway, this will provide excellent media news, I can see the headlines now.

"Charlton CEO Katrien Meire causes Charlton's POTY event to be cancelled after refusing permission for the Supporter of The Year to organise it as usual"

Just sell the club. Shame on you Katrien.

What papers/sites do you read? I can't think of any using that or a similar headline.

It's a bit of a non story really. I'm against Duchatelet, pro CARD et al but completely indifferent to a POTY dinner. As I think are most addicks.

Only those who like schmoozing with players and staff care much about this.
    I'm not surprised. I don't often agree with your judgement (no offence intended).

Mind you I posted that last night, past midnight, when I was somewhat tired. I do realise that the suggested title was rather long and would need to be shortened.

• Options
    What was said in the email?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Correct decision made, this cannot be handed over to the SMT.
  • Options
    Two blinding posts on the subject by @AFKABartram Well said mate.
  • Options

Just an example of how principled Ian and Jean are.

When they took it over the POTY was loss making in large part because so many people got free tickets.

They changed that and said "everyone pays including us".

That's right Ian and Jean pay for their own tickets to the event they organise.

But Meire is unhappy that Jean is so publicly critical of the regime and this is her childish, spiteful way of getting back at her.

Meire doesnt care about the POTY she just has to "win" even if that means no event and everyone including the club losing.

Pathetic.

Were the Perks involved when all the freebies were given out?
  • Options

From what I've heard the email doesn't amount to anything that would do any more than make people on here laugh and nod in agreement. It's the club that would be more embarrassed if it came out this is what they were complaining about rather than the author.

Incrediblely thin skinned human being.

Just shows Meire is so easily defeated.

Wonder how she sleeps at night. She must "want revenge" against every Charlton fan that dared cross her. Must be awful.

It is just about her winning.

She's gotta be the worst CEO of this calibre of any business.

Perhaps quite a historic achievement I would say.
  • Options
    Ditto what canters said.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Dave2l said:

From what I've heard the email doesn't amount to anything that would do any more than make people on here laugh and nod in agreement. It's the club that would be more embarrassed if it came out this is what they were complaining about rather than the author.

Incrediblely thin skinned human being.

Just shows Meire is so easily defeated.

Wonder how she sleeps at night. She must "want revenge" against every Charlton fan that dared cross her. Must be awful.

It is just about her winning.

She's gotta be the worst CEO of this calibre of any business.

Perhaps quite a historic achievement I would say.
    Whatever happens she will use 'post-truth' to demonstrate how she 'beat' us.

However, I couldn't care less what she does once she has gone, although I would find it a little galling if she gets away with it. Although with Uncle Roly, how can she fail.