Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAYER OF THE YEAR DINNER - CANCELLED

Comments

• Options
    Pray for #Fanny
  • Options
    floyds1 said:

opps supporters and family club

shurely "Customers Clooob"
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Blimey, talk about hyper-sensitive !

In any event, how can it be disrespectful when it's true (although I appreciate that the truth can sometimes hurt).

What seems apparent is that Meire was looking for an excuse to make this a club-run event and the email gave her that. It's fairly pathetic that she resorts to this but are we really surprised?
  • Options
    Total confidence, have remarked upon katrien's clear competence for a while.
  • Options
    Yet another example of the disrespect these two useless Belgians show towards this Club and its supporters. How about a POTY picnic on a Sunday at Danson Park ? If we could organise it with the relevant people I'm sure that there would be a number of sponsors who would help with finance, and it could become a great family day out into the future. Great opportunity for local businesses to exploit what I'm sure would attract a considerable crowd, which would include a lot of youngsters, potential new supporters or even academy prospects.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Pray for #Fanny

Story of my life.
    wait until you are 50+ and then you'll be entitled to say that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has the cancellation and the reason behind it been given to the media as I am sure they would love to hear about it!
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Blucher said:

Blimey, talk about hyper-sensitive !

In any event, how can it be disrespectful when it's true (although I appreciate that the truth can sometimes hurt).

What seems apparent is that Meire was looking for an excuse to make this a club-run event and the email gave her that. It's fairly pathetic that she resorts to this but are we really surprised?
    I don't think the club have the resources or the inclination to arrange the event though. They obviously wanted to 'control' it all the while doing nothing to help organise it.

Maybe in this age of millionaire footballers of different nationalities (even in the third division) the idea that the players turn up to mingle with fans, and help celebrate the fans favorite of that season, is becoming a bit outdated. I do wonder which of the players would choose to attend if it was optional.

That said I am also wondering which of the players are even turning up for games just at the minute.

In any event the club should not be able to dictate which fans are allowed to be involved in this event and I agree one hundred percent with the decision taken by Fanny and killerjerrylee to cancel it. In all honesty it is difficult to choose a winner worth of the trophy, that some of the clubs legends have won over the years, this season.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

@Fanny Fanackapan An extract of your explanation regarding e-mailgate has troubled me a little.

You said "Ian was made aware of my mis-sent email which had seriously upset Jack by comments & my reference to my decision to join the 4th March protest to Belgium."

Now, while the actual law is (as always) a bit open to question, any disclosure of information in the e-mail and indeed even that it exists must surely be inadvisable? (Data Protection, right to privacy and all that?)

By way of a reminder to the hierarchy at the club, perhaps we should all bombard them with "mis-sent" emails that say nothing but:

Email Confidentiality Notice

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this email in error, please remove it from your system and inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying of the contents is not permitted.

BTW has anybody got an email received from the club? Do they have something like this as a footer:

Green Organisation is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
    Registered number: 5464771.
    Registered office: Green House, 21 Bloom Street, London, WC1 1AA.

If, not, by virtue of The Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Business
    (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015 (S24 and 25),
    that's a hefty fine right there.

Anyway, chin up!

Er, she's sharing her own email isn't she? And one she'd sent to Ian?

Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

cafcfan said:

@Fanny Fanackapan An extract of your explanation regarding e-mailgate has troubled me a little.

You said "Ian was made aware of my mis-sent email which had seriously upset Jack by comments & my reference to my decision to join the 4th March protest to Belgium."

Now, while the actual law is (as always) a bit open to question, any disclosure of information in the e-mail and indeed even that it exists must surely be inadvisable? (Data Protection, right to privacy and all that?)

By way of a reminder to the hierarchy at the club, perhaps we should all bombard them with "mis-sent" emails that say nothing but:

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this email in error, please remove it from your system and inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying of the contents is not permitted.

BTW has anybody got an email received from the club? Do they have something like this as a footer:

Anyway, chin up!

I think what he is getting at is......... the recipient of the email should not have passed it on as it was sent in error.............. or am I missing something?
  • Options

This is depressing. I feel depressed. The fact the club are now outwardly banning people who disagree with them is really a step beyond what they've done in the past. Sure, they've always attacked the protesters as a group, but telling an individual - and her peers in a forum - that she specifically isn't allowed to engage with the club because she has an opinion on how they run things is disgraceful even for these clowns.

And who's this Jack O'Sullivan running around getting upset and grassing on supporters. Is he 12?

In the clubs defence, I didn't get banned after my appearance in SE9. Although I have appealed against their decision. ;)
  • Options

Good afternoon. Sorry to intrude, but I read this board with interest and am saddened by this latest episode. Huge respect to the likes of Fanny who are the lifeblood of any club. My advice, for what it is worth is to use incidents like this to strengthen resolve amongst the fans. I’d also say that you should never underestimate the depths your lot can sink to. I don’t see them as necessarily vindictive (like starting to sue fans ala our lot) but more clumsy and out of their depth.
    Keep the faith

They have taken legal action against some fans... not sueing them but have reported some to the police for comments that were clearly made in jest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if it has been mentioned earlier as I have not read all the comments, but what if KM went ahead and disorganised her own POTY. She will have the players there and there will always be fans who will want to be there near her. If the majority of fans did not vote, she will just lie the same as she does with the attendances and if she gets 1000 votes, say there were 5000, easy.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

rikofold said:

cafcfan said:

Anyway, chin up!

I think what he is getting at is......... the recipient of the email should not have passed it on as it was sent in error.............. or am I missing something?
    I think it was probably a bit of a non-starter.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Sorry if it has been mentioned earlier as I have not read all the comments, but what if KM went ahead and disorganised her own POTY. She will have the players there and there will always be fans who will want to be there near her. If the majority of fans did not vote, she will just lie the same as she does with the attendances and if she gets 1000 votes, say there were 5000, easy.

Stop putting ideas into the dim bint's head!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    cafckev said:

How about agetting as many of the promotion wining 101 points team together and have a celebration of what is possible with the right manager and players.

What a good shout.
  • Options
    Might be a bit short notice for this year?
  • Options
    Lots of lovely ideas on here - but no thought being given to the TIME it takes to organise something of this nature, as well as the effort! Ask those who have organised a big event such as a wedding - it takes months of preparation, not weeks.

For this reason alone, I would be surprised if the club go ahead with anything - or maybe just a small told-you-so event. Something akin to the Christmas party for the children, maybe? No bother to add the cost of a new trophy to the club's debt (the PotY trophy belongs to the fans) after all!
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Lots of lovely ideas on here - but no thought being given to the TIME it takes to organise something of this nature, as well as the effort! Ask those who have organised a big event such as a wedding - it takes months of preparation, not weeks.

For this reason alone, I would be surprised if the club go ahead with anything - or maybe just a small told-you-so event. Something akin to the Christmas party for the children, maybe? No bother to add the cost of a new trophy to the club's debt (the PotY trophy belongs to the fans) after all!

Please don't bring the children into this, they've been through enough.