Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAYER OF THE YEAR DINNER - CANCELLED

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

Sorry if it has been mentioned earlier as I have not read all the comments, but what if KM went ahead and disorganised her own POTY. She will have the players there and there will always be fans who will want to be there near her. If the majority of fans did not vote, she will just lie the same as she does with the attendances and if she gets 1000 votes, say there were 5000, easy.

Except the fans collect the votes and have/own the trophy.
  • Options
    Grumpy said:

Yet another example of the disrespect these two useless Belgians show towards this Club and its supporters. How about a POTY picnic on a Sunday at Danson Park ? If we could organise it with the relevant people I'm sure that there would be a number of sponsors who would help with finance, and it could become a great family day out into the future. Great opportunity for local businesses to exploit what I'm sure would attract a considerable crowd, which would include a lot of youngsters, potential new supporters or even academy prospects.

Surely Charlton park or Maryon Wilson. Both in Charlton.
  • Options

It's often said that Meire is out of her depth, and that she is incompetent. It is also argued that she should be nowhere near a CEO position, let alone one at a professional football club.

Now, if the last few years haven't underlined why the above is entirely acurate, then her reaction to this single email does.

Absolute pretender.

She is obviously one of those people that hates the idea that anyone else is capable of doing a better job than her, or someone stealing some of the limelight. It shows a deep sense of insecurity (as, indeed, do all the other N Korean style tactics she employs). The fact that they've prioritized and spent a fortune on Pitch PR and Rubbishow, or whatever his name is, merely serves to confirm this.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The owner and CEO have created an antognistic atmosphere by their words, actions and arrogance. What Fanny put in the e-mail was not intended for them and in that context and the context that it was sent in error (we have all done similar in past) and we all know the owner has made public statements accusing fans of being stupid and even a club legend of the same that were not sent in error, it could easily have been resolved. What Fanny was saying was basically questioning their organisational skills - not much more. I'd talk to her and try to understand why she was frustrated - the contents were pretty innocuous.

But the important lesson is to understand, which they seem incabable of, is why fans are angry and upset with them. Actions speak louder than words and sustained actions would help heal the rifts. But anybody thinking that will happen is the eternal optimist. It is all tit for tat with them. But how do they win by scoring points over fans?
  • Options
    Well let's hope they sell, could this leave the door open to a POTY at the start of the new season, with a double celebration of new owners?
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing @killerjerrylee at the Bromley Addicks meeting tonight for full story.
  • Options
    Apparently.....according to someone that's probably getting a bit of cash under the table to do a bit of extra unofficial PR work in the side, there is more to this story then meets the eye.

Yawn
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Apparently.....according to someone that's probably getting a bit of cash under the table to do a bit of extra unofficial PR work in the side, there is more to this story then meets the eye.

Yawn

This has been discussed in detail on the North Korea thread...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'snmaybe worth its own thread.

* I don't open threads normally because I am very bad at it
  • Options
    sm said:

Th

Dave2l said:

Perhaps Sue Parkes could post the other side of the story - but just a guess there really isn't one, and all that exists is the usual technique of bluster, innuendo and vol au vent crumbs.

Why on earth should she know the other side of the story? She's not employed by the club her husband is, and I would have thought he's not at liberty to divulge club business to her, married or not.

• Options

sm said:

Th

Dave2l said:

Perhaps Sue Parkes could post the other side of the story - but just a guess there really isn't one, and all that exists is the usual technique of bluster, innuendo and vol au vent crumbs.

Why on earth should she know the other side of the story? She's not employed by the club her husband is, and I would have thought he's not at liberty to divulge club business to her, married or not.

I doubt if she getting much information from her husband, the crap she spouts I think comes direct from Meire, who uses her to spread misinformation.
  • Options
    I wonder what PR Tom wanted when he tried to get in contact, I don't blame you at all for not chasing him up though - after the way they treated you I think you're more than within your rights to leave them to it.

Something tells me that this has backfired massively, and Katrien wanted to make a point about not tolerating dissenting voices whilst still getting the event organised. When this didnt work little Tommy was meant to try and salvage something.

Time to go.
  • Options

I agree. It is a shame - she clearly struck up a friendship with Meire, but given her husbands postion in the club, she has put that friendship above his interests. It isn't a case of agreeing or disagreeing - everybody is entitled to an opinion - but her husband has kept a dignified silence and has been a loyal servant to the club over many years. When this regime topples, I hope her position doesn't affect him.

It feels like the day when she will be totally ignored is not too far away!

I'm sure it was said Chris has shared his opinion, just not via Facebook.
  • Options
    How much money is being wasted each week on Katriens wages?
  • Options

How much money is being wasted each week on Katriens wages?

If you paid Katrien a £1 a week then that, IMHO would be £1 too much
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I agree. It is a shame - she clearly struck up a friendship with Meire, but given her husbands postion in the club, she has put that friendship above his interests. It isn't a case of agreeing or disagreeing - everybody is entitled to an opinion - but her husband has kept a dignified silence and has been a loyal servant to the club over many years. When this regime topples, I hope her position doesn't affect him.

It feels like the day when she will be totally ignored is not too far away!

He'll be sacked by any new owner worth their salt because of her. Which is sad for him but what she deserves
  • Options

HarryLime said:

sm said:

Th

Dave2l said:

I doubt if she getting much information from her husband, the crap she spouts I think comes direct from Meire, who uses her to spread misinformation.
    She doesn't spread it very far though does she? I mean she posts on a Facebook page where only those who toe the line get to be a member. If it wasn't for the posts on here giving her air time, nobody would know or care what she has to say.

She is obviously completely sucked in by Meire to the point where it has deluded her. As a result, nothing she says is credible and therefore I think she needs to be ignored completely.
    The woman needs to be given both barrels from somebody, she's mental.
  • Options
    any news from the club?
  • Options
    timken said:

any news from the club?

A deafening silence.
  • Options

timken said:

any news from the club?

A deafening silence.
    She's probably in Dubai for her much-needed annual (monthly) holiday.
  • Options
    I've just noticed the award will be presented to the winner before the Swindon match - I presume that will be presented by one of the organisers and not the club / Katrien?
  • Options

I've just noticed the award will be presented to the winner before the Swindon match - I presume that will be presented by one of the organisers and not the club / Katrien?

I would hope so seeing as the club don't own the trophy to hand out