Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strangest fans you've seen at Charlton?

Comments

• Options

There's a guy near me at the moment who shouts genuine gibberish in the Lower North at the back of the D-block. Like, 100% not words.

I've worked out that there's a pretty hard-wired formula to it though.

"["ManagersName"] *pause*... *completely intranslatable* ["Sort it out"] *mumblinng where the only recognisable word is "fucking"*... *(descendo) to silence*"

I think the parameters are to repeat every 15 minutes by default, which is over-ridden every time we pass it back to the goalkeeper.

I sat down there a couple of weeks ago, couldn't understand a word he was saying/shouting, loads of people trying to imitate him but he seemed oblivious to it.
  • Options
    ads said:

johnny73 said:

bellz2002 said:

I saw my old maths teacher at a game once. He was odd.

My old maths teacher goes to games, Mr. Peck. He is far from odd.
    My maths teacher was called Mr. Peck. Wonder if it is the same bloke. Always liked him. Would be a bonus to thing he was a CAFC fan as well.
    Of course it's the same bloke
    His lessons on probabilities were obviously lacking!
  • Options
    Used to sit in the NW Quad when the kids were kids, there was a fella in the seat next to me, who just used to moan non stop. He had this nasally whine, like Harry Enfield's 'Only Me' character. My middle lad named him 'The Moaner', we found out his name was 'Barry'.
    Nice bloke, but christ did he moan......!
  • Options
    Bip Ling and also the bloke who wears an AFC Wimbledon shirt are two standouts from this season for me.
  • Options
    When I used to go to away games in the mid 90s there was this elderly lady that used to go to every game with her husband. All she used to shout was "Do Something!!!"
  • Options

Are all our fans maths teachers?

Only a fraction of them are
    About 2% by my reckoning.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I was at a Charlton - Spurs cup replay back in the eighties, standing on the old east terrace. Two Young lads came up, gestured to the Jimmy Seed stand (I don't think it was called that then) and the thousands of Spurs fans inside, and intimated they were going to fight them, and asked if we fancied coming along. We declined this unique offer, but we obviously missed some real fun and frolics as the pair came back about twenty minutes later looking in need of hospital treatment.
    Charlton lost.
  • Options

When Arsenal beat us 3-1, Middle aged black lady in the West Stand spent the whole game telling Thierry Henry she was gonna burn his house down.

Best advice I've ever heard is a bloke in NU screaming "will somebody tackle someone!!!"

Think that may have been me!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Used to sit in the NW Quad when the kids were kids, there was a fella in the seat next to me, who just used to moan non stop. He had this nasally whine, like Harry Enfield's 'Only Me' character. My middle lad named him 'The Moaner', we found out his name was 'Barry'.
    Nice bloke, but christ did he moan......!

Similar childhood memory of "The Boo Man" when I was a kid back in the Premier League days, used to have the loudest most unique "booooo" behind the goal in the North Upper.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Peanut Guy - Used to walk by an absolute mountain of peanut shells further down my row at HT to get a drink (10+ years ago, N. Lower). The guy must have gone through literally hundreds... I feel like I never actually saw him, only his mountain of shells. Rumour has it, he may actually have been an elephant.

Bloke who hated Shelvey, was on at him all game every game, but this one match in particular he was really on his case. Shelvey was actually having a bit of a stinker and then goes on to blaze one over the bar from point blank range at the end of the game. I turn around to see his #1 fan's reaction... the guy was completely silent, shaking and purple. I don't think I've ever quite seen rage like it.
  • Options
    A very unpleasant and verbose Manchester City fan in the East Stand with a Charlton Friend who was constantly shouting at the referee for decisions made against Shitteh. His son looked really uncomfortable when Shitteh scored and started crying when the home fans objected to his tw@ish dad.

I guess they would be much safer in the East Stand these days!
  • Options
    Can think of quite a few but won't mention them as they are probably on here and would hate to offend.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Not strange but last season an American guy bought a season ticket next to us in west lower. Poor, poor guy. He'd just moved to the area and was doing the decent thing and supporting his local team and said he wanted to follow the local 'soccer' team. What started off very brightly with wins against QPR and Hull soon descended into anger, fury, dispare and flying pigs. This guy could've been a supporter and a new fan for the club, yet a season of complete incompetence and toilet football put pay to that.

By the end of the season the guy looked drained. I felt so sorry for him. The complete shitfest going on at our club has probably scarred him for life. I picture him in years to come going back to the states and trying to explain what he saw when people ask him about football. They'll want to know about Chelsea, Man Utd etc and he'll be able to say he was witness to Bergdich, Karel Frayere and flying pigs

Another monumental achievement for KM and Co.

Needless to say, we didn't see him back this year

He probably bought a season ticket at the Taxpayers' London stadium and got involved in the scraps between the fans. Wishing he'd come back now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When Arsenal beat us 3-1, Middle aged black lady in the West Stand spent the whole game telling Thierry Henry she was gonna burn his house down.

Best advice I've ever heard is a bloke in NU screaming "will somebody tackle someone!!!"

What a shame that the only person who has heeded that advice this season is Stroud.
  • Options

in the east stand back in the late 90s threre was a guy a few seats down, he was only known as boo, he booed when we attacked and didn't score, he booed when we conceded, he booed in the play off semis against Ipswich for goodness sake!! He even booed at the radio Walkman he listened to, literally took the earphione and booed at it...

how come all the odd ones are in the east???

Oi... thats where I si... Actually no take your point!!
  • Options
    Mentioned it before. Fella (Shaggy from scooby-doo lookalike) at Rochdale the other week. From the 'get go' he was apoplectic and in real danger of doing himself a mischief!! Now, whether or not drugs or psychosis were involved who knows? Agreed, there's passionate support of your team, but then there's just utter buffoonery and insanity!!

PS: I hope he's better now? And for one so young!! Shame.
  • Options
    North Stand before it was two tiered, the guy in front of us was always on the edge of his seat, up and down, up and down. Then as soon as anything of any interest happened he would race off to the front of the stand to either shout abuse or cheer support. He must have been knackered after every game. We used to call him Twitchy. He went absolutely mental at David Beckham when he was taking a corner near us, he was so loud I'm sure Becks heard him as he seemed to stare directly at him and smirk!

And the guy who sat behind us when we moved from North Upper to West Upper, who just shouted "First time" all through the game, every single game. So annoying!
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Acab said:

There is a big fat lump sometimes in the west stand not much going for him looks and style wise but has a tendency to slag off other fans dress sense and intellect and anyone who opposes his opinions. Prefers horses. But likes to tell KR who he should buy.

1905 sits in the North.
  • Options
    Acab said:

Acab said:

There is a big fat lump sometimes in the west stand not much going for him looks and style wise but has a tendency to slag off other fans dress sense and intellect and anyone who opposes his opinions. Prefers horses. But likes to tell KR who he should buy.

1905 sits in the North.
    Acab said:

Acab said:

1905 sits in the North.
    No, but he is a ringer for Selwyn Froggat,