Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strangest fans you've seen at Charlton?

Comments

• Options

There's a guy near me at the moment who shouts genuine gibberish in the Lower North at the back of the D-block. Like, 100% not words.

I've worked out that there's a pretty hard-wired formula to it though.

"["ManagersName"] *pause*... *completely intranslatable* ["Sort it out"] *mumblinng where the only recognisable word is "fucking"*... *(descendo) to silence*"

I think the parameters are to repeat every 15 minutes by default, which is over-ridden every time we pass it back to the goalkeeper.

Yes big fat bloke with the bottle glasses on... used to shout at Slade 'Shhhlaade wheres Ajooshayyy' (Ajose)
  • Options
    Not really a Strange Fan, but this used to make me laugh.
    When we were in the Prem (anyone remember those days?), if an oppo player got fouled badly or if the player dived, I remember Ronaldo of Man U was one, there was a bloke in the NW Quad, who's absolutely well timed shout was "GET UP YOU TART". No matter if the fella was a cheat or if he busted his leg, it was always the same shout.....!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The ones still attending home games this season. They seem pretty strange... ;)
  • Options

This fella.......actually saw him in Rose of Denmark before the game.

He pushed in but I didn't want to have to give him a slap in front of his pals so I graciously let him get served first :smiley:

He's a lovely bloke actually, surprisingly well spoken..met him away with England a couple of times..
  • Options
    There was a guy until this season in Row A of Upper West, used to bring his young family with him, spent all game F'ing and C'ing, despite the age of his daughters, let alone those around him. One game we were awarded a penalty and he stood up, despite being in the front row. When i stood up the father of a teenage girl behind me asked me to sit down as she could not see. I did and asked him to politely and was met with abuse. needless to say words were exchanged and I was invited to step outside. At moments like this, 5'8" chubby imagines himself to be 6'5'' muscle bound hulk and I was game for the step outside, fortunately it did not happen as "chubs" would have been splattered all over the concourse.

• Options
    Acab said:

There is a big fat lump sometimes in the west stand not much going for him looks and style wise but has a tendency to slag off other fans dress sense and intellect and anyone who opposes his opinions. Prefers horses. But likes to tell KR who he should buy.

He still there?
  • Options
    There was a bloke in the North Lower who spent the whole game going on about the War. Quite sad really
  • Options
    "we need another goal Charlton" a cry from a man in the east. didn't matter that the score was 2-0 to us or 6-0 to them or even 0-0 it was always "we need another goal Charlton"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Covered End H&J Block.

All wronguns :wink:
  • Options
    Mr Clappy in the East Stand
  • Options
    So many, but the 30-something bloke with his mother, and their matching, tartan blankets take some beating.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    Ackworth is barking.

There's a guy near me at the moment who shouts genuine gibberish in the Lower North at the back of the D-block. Like, 100% not words.

"["ManagersName"] *pause*... *completely intranslatable* ["Sort it out"] *mumblinng where the only recognisable word is "fucking"*... *(descendo) to silence*"

I think the parameters are to repeat every 15 minutes by default, which is over-ridden every time we pass it back to the goalkeeper.

Yes big fat bloke with the bottle glasses on... used to shout at Slade 'Shhhlaade wheres Ajooshayyy' (Ajose)
    Mate of Otto.
  • Options
    There's a large group of fans in the upper norf who when the opponents goalie takes a goal kick they all scream in unison oooooooh your shit aaah.
  • Options
    Acab said:

There's a large group of fans in the upper norf who when the opponents goalie takes a goal kick they all scream in unison oooooooh your shit aaah.

Does my bloody head in that does... Especially when they're still going when the kick happened five minutes ago
  • Options

Acab said:

Does my bloody head in that does... Especially when they're still going when the kick happened five minutes ago
    to be fair, it's probably the most exciting bit of the afternoon.
  • Options
    Yes and during the Premiership they even gave it to the England keeper of the day. Whoever it was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    Acab said:

Apparently there is also a large group of fans who try to sing Mull Of Kintyre but get the words wrong. Clowns
  • Options
    I used to sit next to a woman in the East Stand whom I thought suffered from Tourettes. effin this, effin that, elbows flying all over the place, she knocked my flask over on more than one occasion, snatched my blanket and tried to throw it on the pitch.

I swear if she had a cat, it probably had a size nine arse every Saturday night.

Dunno where she is now.

Only kidding Fanny ;-)

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Haven't been to a game in a while but regularly have seen an alcoholic bloke who hangs around the North lower concourse before the game and at half time. Waits for people to go to their seats and finishes the dregs of beer they leave. Quite a sad sight really.

Expensive way to do this really.
  • Options

He was also a big fan of the...

"Shhhlaade... *oh shit I've got nothing to say* ... *incoherent shouting*"
  • Options

Remembered about my one season sitting in the North Lower earlier today (this was many years back). There was this absolute nutter old guy that would walk around all game shouting at our players (had his specific few he particularly hated - can't remember who after all these years though). Remember a Tuesday night game in which he moaned every second of the game, went berserk and cheered as if we had scored when our opponents took the lead, and proceeded to shout "does anyone want my season ticket" **silence** "I couldn't even give it away!". Always hated that guy, really ruined that season for me, but that specific game luckily left me with a funny memory of that season.

Anyone else got any funny or strange stories about Charlton "fans" over the years?

I remember that old fella. He was absolutely bonkers. He kept moving seats so he could get close to different groups of people to wind them up. I don't ever remember him being at Saturday matches but he seemed to have a long spell of mid-week games. My mate reckoned the bloke died, not sure how he knew though.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

bellz2002 said:

I saw my old maths teacher at a game once. He was odd.

My old maths teacher goes to games, Mr. Peck. He is far from odd.
    My maths teacher was called Mr. Peck. Wonder if it is the same bloke. Always liked him. Would be a bonus to thing he was a CAFC fan as well.
    Don Peck was a colleague of mine at Riverside School in the late 1970s. There were three of us on the staff who supported the Addicks - myself, Cliff Baugh and Alf Parker. I would hate to think we qualified as "strange fans". Don was a GY supporter and he sometimes came to games. Another occasional visitor was Stewart Edwards who was a Northampton stalwart.

We were all pretty football mad on the staff and from memory we had the usual crop of London fans plus a couple of Pompey supporters.