Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strangest fans you've seen at Charlton?

12346»

Comments

• Options

johnny73 said:

bellz2002 said:

I saw my old maths teacher at a game once. He was odd.

My old maths teacher goes to games, Mr. Peck. He is far from odd.
    My maths teacher was called Mr. Peck. Wonder if it is the same bloke. Always liked him. Would be a bonus to thing he was a CAFC fan as well.
    Don Peck was a colleague of mine at Riverside School in the late 1970s. There were three of us on the staff who supported the Addicks - myself, Cliff Baugh and Alf Parker. I would hate to think we qualified as "strange fans". Don was a GY supporter and he sometimes came to games. Another occasional visitor was Stewart Edwards who was a Northampton stalwart.

We were all pretty football mad on the staff and from memory we had the usual crop of London fans plus a couple of Pompey supporters.
    Does GY stand for Grimsby Town? I reckon we're all talking about the same man (who isn't odd, although could do with brushing his hair) I remember when we signed Mendonca for a record fee (£750k?) which the Arsenal and Spurs fans found amusing. They weren't laughing when Clive was smashing them pass them a few seasons later, although my memory might not be too good on that one either! Mr Peck was saying he would be a great signing and would justify his price tag and was gutted to see him leave Grimsby.

I bumped into him at Wakefield on the way back from Huddersfield in the league winning season and on instinct, despite being in my late 20s at the time, I put my can of beer behind my back! He remembered my name which may qualify him for the thread!
  • Options

In the NW Quadrant a few years ago, a guy who just kept shouting out 'you wally' to the players at random times. I think he may have had 'issues' because he always had a minder with him, different one each match, suitably embarrassed at having to sit next to him.
    Then one Saturday no more Wally... I wonder what became of him? Probably got his Palarse season ticket back.....

Where's Wally
  • Options

This fella.......actually saw him in Rose of Denmark before the game.

He pushed in but I didn't want to have to give him a slap in front of his pals so I graciously let him get served first :smiley:

There's a Charlton fan with a tattooed face. Haven't seen him in years but he always looked spaced out. Was in the North Upper during the Prem years
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Not really a Strange Fan, but this used to make me laugh.
    When we were in the Prem (anyone remember those days?), if an oppo player got fouled badly or if the player dived, I remember Ronaldo of Man U was one, there was a bloke in the NW Quad, who's absolutely well timed shout was "GET UP YOU TART". No matter if the fella was a cheat or if he busted his leg, it was always the same shout.....!

lol, thought I was busted there Greenie, but the dates don't tally with when I was in the NW Quad.
    Use that expression all the time though :smile:
  • Options

johnny73 said:

bellz2002 said:

I saw my old maths teacher at a game once. He was odd.

My old maths teacher goes to games, Mr. Peck. He is far from odd.
    My maths teacher was called Mr. Peck. Wonder if it is the same bloke. Always liked him. Would be a bonus to thing he was a CAFC fan as well.
    Don Peck was a colleague of mine at Riverside School in the late 1970s. There were three of us on the staff who supported the Addicks - myself, Cliff Baugh and Alf Parker. I would hate to think we qualified as "strange fans". Don was a GY supporter and he sometimes came to games. Another occasional visitor was Stewart Edwards who was a Northampton stalwart.

We were all pretty football mad on the staff and from memory we had the usual crop of London fans plus a couple of Pompey supporters.
    Did Don Peck previously work at Abbey Wood Comp?
    I'm sure I was taught by him in the 60's
  • Options
    Early years back in the Prem, West Upper two or three rows from the front, could be found a peculiar chap who constantly spewed forth offensive playground racism - It was of the 'dagoes' 'wops' 'micks' 'frogs' 'krauts' variety but basically involved insulting anyone who wasn't English with increasingly bizarre descriptions
    - Welsh players were 'leek munchers' Oriental players were 'dog eaters' and I remember a Finnish player once described as a 'f******* reindeer killer' - there was no humour or irony in any of this - it was just bilious invective - he was a very angry man indeed
  • Options
    Should have a thread for strangest away fans or at least incorporate it in this thread, but probably pointless as Palace would win hands down when it comes to strangest.
  • Options

Should have a thread for strangest away fans or at least incorporate it in this thread, but probably pointless as Palace would win hands down when it comes to strangest.

Norwich run them close!

Personally I think there should be a separate Don Peck thread!
  • Options
    Had a guy in M block North Upper back in prem days we called MC Hammer, as whenever a star opposition player was taken out and the ref given them a foul, he would shout out 'U can't touch him' even if Kish had gone in knee high on someone.