Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options

This will be Mayweather's first win inside the distance since Ortiz in 2011. Hate to jump on the bandwagon but it's an exhibition, not a competitive fight

It was just too predictable
  • Options
    Like a cat playing with a half-dead mouse
  • Options

I gave Connor the first three rounds and Floyd everything after. 87-84 until it was stopped.

The UFC should be very happy with how this turned out. The fact he hung in there that long and won a few rounds legitimizes the UFC a bit.

OK I've ignored a lot of the nonsense but I'll bite on this. First, in what way isn't the UFC legitimate? Second, how would this legitimise it?
  • Options
    If you thought McGregor stood a chance you know nothing about boxing. Mayweather controlled that fight from start to finish.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Letting a guy who couldn't hurt him punch himself out was pretty basic stuff for Mayweather. He's done that to the best in the world. McGregor didn't win any rounds cos this wasn't a fight, it was a circus exhibition. I thought McGregor looked like a well-trained amateur and Mayweather had no interest in ending it until the end. I bet it went exactly how Floyd wanted it.

Here's a link to the best part of McGregor vs May weather.

• Options
    All this proved is a fool and his money are easily parted.
  • Options
    There is no way McGregor can beat any domestic level boxer , trust me Paulie schooled him in sparring and they know it hence why they let that silky video and camera footage out

There's two things wrong with McGregor when boxing zero power would take years to learn how to transcend what he can do in mma to boxing he cannot get any way of taking the power he has in mma to boxing it's too different techniques

And I believe like eubank jr he doesn't like getting hit and when he does he will quit
  • Options
    And let's be fair to sam eggerton he is on the up has greatly improved and is on the rise and will win a title without our doubt so the fact he beat an aging Paulie is no slight on malinagi

Can you imagine what Sam would've done to McGregor

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've heard McGregor has now challenged Crofts for his place in our midfield as well.

Apparently McGregor reckons he can complete more sideways/backwards passes than Crofts and Crofts wasn't too happy and said prove it at Crawley on Tuesday
  • Options

I will state it here and now and bet £250 to the upbeats

If Connor fights Paulie then Paulie will stop him without referee intervention it will be a ko

Connor can not box he is not able for any half decent pro

Please god put this notion to be bed and let him head back to MMA there's no interest in this shit there is no cross over

I'm a huge boxing fan and I cannot stand McGregor but Malignaggi would definitely not have it all his way against McGrego and I'd be sceptical of a Pauli KO, he got absolutely battered by Sam Eggington, who lets be honest, is nothing more than average.

And the problem is that, proper boxing fans who know the sport, know the scoring system, know how their technique and footwork should be wouldn't want to see McGregor box again, unfortunately all the lad bible type bandwagon penises who have no clue about the sport apart from AJ and now McGregor would drum up the interest. Sad really.
    Eggington would stop Conor no probs to be fair
  • Options
    I like Eggington. A bit too cocky, and takes a punch just to show off, but he's tough
  • Options
    There is no point in McGregor ever fighting again
  • Options
    Great story how he started.
    Walked in the gym and said "I want to be a journeyman for some extra money"
    Taken on the pads and was told, you can't be a journeyman you're too good.
    British and Europeam champ by 23
  • Options
    Eggington wouldn't hold back like a pretty old looking Floyd did, nether would anyone else. McGregors punching was embarrassingly bad I say that knowing that this was this first time he'd been in a boxing ring in anger but I was cringing at it and I was wondering what fight the pundits were watching. I very very rarely agree with Tony Bellew but his assessment was spot on
  • Options
    Carter said:

Eggington wouldn't hold back like a pretty old looking Floyd did, nether would anyone else. McGregors punching was embarrassingly bad I say that knowing that this was this first time he'd been in a boxing ring in anger but I was cringing at it and I was wondering what fight the pundits were watching. I very very rarely agree with Tony Bellew but his assessment was spot on

Mate I watched it again this afternoon to see if I was being harsh and I wasn't , I have seen kids with a record of 5 or 6 fights and 2 wins spar with more technique and power than McGregor had

He threw an uppercut that most pros would've defended that landed (it said more about Floyd than Connor )

For as poor as the boxing ability of McGregor was on display that was the worst Floyd mayweather I have seen his physical attributes and how cut he was , was merely to paper over the cracks of what we were about to witness

Thurman
    Garcia
    Linares
    Cotto
    Stephenson
    Crawford

Would have all beaten Floyd I have no doubt

It was the end of an era that should not have been sanctioned but it was this charade was planned the min after fight 49 if not before cooked up by hayman Dana white and Floyd

McGregor knew he couldn't win in the first talks about the fight he was told he couldn't and he is the sort of person who didn't care it was about the money and nothing else ,he mocked and laughed about it all the way through the hype

It's finished floyds finished McGregor the boxer is finished

Thank fuck now if people really do like boxing then go find a local small hall fight night and watch how they go about it and understand why this scam fight was a mockery and did service to those who fight for a chance to break through who have more skill more boxing heart than a shouting paddy from Dublin who says he loves to fight , I have met many of those in Dublin McGregor is the best one I have seen but he can not box and there in lies the issue

• Options
    edited August 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQOnsoxxkU8

00.30:
    'Do I answer questions, or do I just rattle on? Rattle on? No problem!'

The guy is hilarious.
  • Options

Carter said:

Mate I watched it again this afternoon to see if I was being harsh and I wasn't , I have seen kids with a record of 5 or 6 fights and 2 wins spar with more technique and power than McGregor had

He threw an uppercut that most pros would've defended that landed (it said more about Floyd than Connor )

For as poor as the boxing ability of McGregor was on display that was the worst Floyd mayweather I have seen his physical attributes and how cut he was , was merely to paper over the cracks of what we were about to witness

Thurman
    Garcia
    Linares
    Cotto
    Stephenson
    Crawford

It was the end of an era that should not have been sanctioned but it was this charade was planned the min after fight 49 if not before cooked up by hayman Dana white and Floyd

McGregor knew he couldn't win in the first talks about the fight he was told he couldn't and he is the sort of person who didn't care it was about the money and nothing else ,he mocked and laughed about it all the way through the hype

Thank fuck now if people really do like boxing then go find a local small hall fight night and watch how they go about it and understand why this scam fight was a mockery and did service to those who fight for a chance to break through who have more skill more boxing heart than a shouting paddy from Dublin who says he loves to fight , I have met many of those in Dublin McGregor is the best one I have seen but he can not box and there in lies the issue

Re the difference in punching technique of UFC and Boxing (stabbing punches of UFC, thin gloves v punching though of boxing, heavier gloves), I mentioned this earlier in the thread and said this would be a major issue for McGregor, and so it proved to be, hopefully the two fighting sports will not meet again.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Carter said:

Thurman
    Garcia
    Linares
    Cotto
    Stephenson
    Crawford

Re the difference in punching technique of UFC and Boxing (stabbing punches of UFC, thin gloves v punching though of boxing, heavier gloves), I mentioned this earlier in the thread and said this would be a major issue for McGregor, and so it proved to be, hopefully the two fighting sports will not meet again.

Too late mate Curtis woodhouse has called out someone on twitter and if the fight can be made will fight in December in a cage

I am going to his fight this weekend straight from the Oldham match I will catch up with him and find out how serious he is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There is no point in McGregor ever fighting again

:smiley:
  • Options
    McGregor has the third fight with Diaz to look forward to , that'll be a big money spinner.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

McGregor has the third fight with Diaz to look forward to , that'll be a big money spinner.

Shame Diaz hasn't fought since the second one (which I thought he won) Conor also has Khabib or Ferguson to fight if he wanted to break a habit of a lifetime and defend a belt. More likely he'll step back in the ring to give Pauli one last decent pay day and another KO on his record. The difference in money between boxing and MMA would be very appealing to Conor.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I gave Connor the first three rounds and Floyd everything after. 87-84 until it was stopped.

The UFC should be very happy with how this turned out. The fact he hung in there that long and won a few rounds legitimizes the UFC a bit.

OK I've ignored a lot of the nonsense but I'll bite on this. First, in what way isn't the UFC legitimate? Second, how would this legitimise it?
    Colt do you wear these t's? image
  • Options
    went as expected, hope we don't see this constant crossover its a circus, and more fool anyone who paid wedge to see that, was in ireland for the fight, and the crowds were massive 5am and you would think it was Xmas eve how busy the pubs were.
  • Options
    They both turned up and fought, for the first 6/7 rounds it was entertaining then my link died and I found out MacGregor lost. Couldn't have been happier.
  • Options
    Found myself buying some bottles of Corona this afternoon, can't think why I had the urge for that particular brand!
  • Options
    At least it seems to have shut Motormouth up for awhile.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Carter said:

If you mean this interview then I totally agree.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5LWRvdHUck