Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options
    Logan Paul is the guy who twice couldn't even beat another youtuber KSI.

Got zero fucking chance of even laying a glove on Mayweather.
    Mayweather will play with him and make it look competitive so that he can have another one of these. If he KOs him in the first round, which he could easily do, it takes away any interest in further fights against YouTubers.
    This, exactly like he did against Conor.
  • Options
    5”6 Mayweather vs 6”2 you tuber 
    I hope Mayweather smacks Logan Paul to pieces. 

Mayweather is either going to have to pack on a lot of muscle or LP is going to have to lose a lot of it. 
  • Options
    TBF Logan Paul has trained hard and can bang. However, he has never been in a proper bout against a real boxer who can take a punch. I just hope Mayweather kicks his arse and puts Logan Paul back in his box but as the sums of money are so vast I can see this being a "draw"
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Turning the sport into a circus
    A sport?
    Speaking for myself, it was a circus from day one.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    TBF Logan Paul has trained hard and can bang. However, he has never been in a proper bout against a real boxer who can take a punch. I just hope Mayweather kicks his arse and puts Logan Paul back in his box but as the sums of money are so vast I can see this being a "draw"
    Doesn't matter how hard you can bang - you can't hit Mayweather. The best boxers in the world couldn't touch him, Paul's got no chance.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    shine166 said:
    Logan Paul is the guy who twice couldn't even beat another youtuber KSI.

Got zero fucking chance of even laying a glove on Mayweather.
    Hes got as much chance as mcgregor, as thisl be a draw too.
    The McGregor fight was a "professional" bout which Mayweather won.
    Well that shows just how much attention I paid to that one. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    A sport?
    You never go boxing?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    A sport?
    You never go boxing?
    I’ve been to a few bouts....namely Benn V Eubanks....twice in fact.
    I do enjoy the sport in general.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    cafc999 said:
    Think you're confusing Logan and Jake? 

Jake Paul has been progressing in his boxing, Logan has not. 

Jake is 3/3 Logan 0/2
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Interesting how we are all talking about it though...

It's what I always say about fighters like McGregor, you tune in because you want to see him win, or because you want to see him get seriously hurt, but either way, you do tune in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bread and circuses for the masses this one. Mayweather gets to pocket some cash, Paul gets another quote-unquote "fight" and a new depth is plumbed.

Mayweather will probably have the whole fight planned to the round - give Paul just enough to scrape a modicum of "legitimacy" then shut up shop. Either knock him out or just play keep away until he gets bored.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Bread and circuses for the masses this one. Mayweather gets to pocket some cash, Paul gets another quote-unquote "fight" and a new depth is plumbed.

Mayweather will probably have the whole fight planned to the round - give Paul just enough to scrape a modicum of "legitimacy" then shut up shop. Either knock him out or just play keep away until he gets bored.
    I hope he just blasts through him like he did to that Japanese kickboxer he fought in an 'exhibition' a couple years back where the other guy didn't last a round!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Interesting how we are all talking about it though...

It's what I always say about fighters like McGregor, you tune in because you want to see him win, or because you want to see him get seriously hurt, but either way, you do tune in. 
    That's how Mayweather has made his money. People pay to see him get beat up. He is a very nice bloke away from the cameras and makes sure his numerous charity work doesn't get publicity. It's why someone like Colby draws more than Mighty Mouse.
  • Options
    One of the greatest of all time vs a 0-1-1 Youtuber...... no thanks.

Making a mockery of the sport.  
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Can he fook! He was bashed up by KSI and Mayweather will be able to do the same whenever he wants. Yet another stupid fight. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    A sport?
    Boxing is the greatest individual SPORT - but this is a circus.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    A sport?
    Boxing is the greatest individual SPORT - but this is a circus.
    Disagree as individuals can avoid facing each other whilst claiming to be champions. Don't get that in tennis!
  • Options
    This is akin to pre season games in Japan and all that bollocks, no substance just pure money making schemes. 
  • Options
    A lot of people seem to complain and talk about how bouts like these are making a mockery of the sport, yet do not get the irony that they are feeding into the hype by just discussing it.

• Options
    A lot of people seem to complain and talk about how bouts like these are making a mockery of the sport, yet do not get the irony that they are feeding into the hype by just discussing it.

Discussing and 'feeding into the hype' is all well and good, but paying to watch it is what really matters. For which I and many others, will not. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's an absolute shambles this, a disgrace to the sport.

The only good outcome is simultaneous knockout punches being thrown.
  • Options

Discussing and 'feeding into the hype' is all well and good, but paying to watch it is what really matters. For which I and many others, will not. 

But sadly many more will tune in and pay which is why fights like this will continue to happen.

Boxing sold its soul for financial gain many a moon ago, and this is just the next chapter of it.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

But sadly many more will tune in and pay which is why fights like this will continue to happen.

Boxing sold its soul for financial gain many a moon ago, and this is just the next chapter of it.
    Professional boxing has always been about financial gain - it's just that PPV and streaming have added a few 000s to the numbers.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Professional boxing has always been about financial gain - it's just that PPV and streaming have added a few 000s to the numbers.
    Of course every line of work is ultimately about financial gain but for me boxing has taken that to such an extreme it has a negative impact on the sport.

Don't get me wrong there are still many great fighters, and many amazing fights that happen. But in my opinion it could and should be so much better.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    bobmunro said:

Of course every line of work is ultimately about financial gain but for me boxing has taken that to such an extreme it has a negative impact on the sport.

Don't get me wrong there are still many great fighters, and many amazing fights that happen. But in my opinion it could and should be so much better.
    Apart from the very elite, most boxers earn a fraction of what a middling standard Championship footballer earns. And most elite boxers earn less than elite golfers, tennis players and footballers.

Yet they are one punch away from serious injury or worse.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Apart from the very elite, most boxers earn a fraction of what a middling standard Championship footballer earns. And most elite boxers earn less than elite golfers, tennis players and footballers.

And UFC fighters earn less than most boxers even though they more consistently test themselves, earlier in their careers, against the best and most dangerous fighters in their weight class.

It's not about in which sport can you earn more or less money in, it is that in boxing many fights that should happen do not happen or at least do not happen when they should happen, because there are to many financially vested interests which stop this. 

So instead of getting Spence vs Crawford we are getting Mayweather vs Logan Paul.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

And UFC fighters earn less than most boxers even though they more consistently test themselves, earlier in their careers, against the best and most dangerous fighters in their weight class.

It's not about in which sport can you earn more or less money in, it is that in boxing many fights that should happen do not happen or at least do not happen when they should happen, because there are to many financially vested interests which stop this. 

So instead of getting Spence vs Crawford we are getting Mayweather vs Logan Paul.

I don't disagree that boxers (or rather promoters) can be guilty of ducking fights. There is a big difference though on the impact of a loss on a boxer's career and that career needs to be managed carefully. If a boxer takes on a fight that goes badly wrong he slips a long way down the pecking order and may never come back. If Nadal takes a straight sets loss to a qualifier at Wimbledon, he's back as a top seed in the next tournament.

Yes we all want to see Spence v Crawford but Mayweather v Paul isn't the only other show in town (it's not even boxing). I'm looking forward to Canelo v BJS next week - Canelo being the prime example of a boxer who will fight all comers.    
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

I don't disagree that boxers (or rather promoters) can be guilty of ducking fights. There is a big difference though on the impact of a loss on a boxer's career and that career needs to be managed carefully. If a boxer takes on a fight that goes badly wrong he slips a long way down the pecking order and may never come back. If Nadal takes a straight sets loss to a qualifier at Wimbledon, he's back as a top seed in the next tournament.

Yes we all want to see Spence v Crawford but Mayweather v Paul isn't the only other show in town (it's not even boxing). I'm looking forward to Canelo v BJS next week - Canelo being the prime example of a boxer who will fight all comers.    
    Totally agreed, though I would argue that this culture of a loss effecting you career so much in boxing is because of the financial disadvantage it puts you at when negotiating a contract. Especially when having that 0 losses on your record seems to be a major thing these days. 

MMA and the UFC is certainly no gold standard, and it's getting worse, but at least most fighters can come off a loss and not feel like they need to rebuild their careers again. Indeed having 4 or 5 and even more  losses on your record is not seen as a bad thing - perhaps even a sign of the quality of opponent you have faced. 

I guess in an ideal world I'd have liked boxing to build on something like the super six tournament, so instead of waiting years for boxers to pad their records and then even more time to negotiate terms of the contact of the fight, they just got in the ring.

Though, hey, it's also a dangerous sport so I suppose I can't really blame people for trying to maximise the money they earn. 

I to am looking forward to the BJS vs Canelo fight. Canelos toughest test since Glovokin for me, though I fully expect him to win. 

• Options

Oh......is that so.🤔
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Don't be ridiculous... mayweather vs logan Paul Is not "boxing". It isn't even the same sport,it's a cash cow being milked