Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options

I see 2 of the 3 judges only gave McG 1 round.

That seemed very weird. Even the Showtime commentators thought it was odd. Mcgregor definitely won the first 2 and many would argue the third. It was also shown in the fight stats how much more success he had in the early rounds.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Can't wait for the Mcgregor fans to fuck off back to watching UFC after this.

Casual fans are bad at the best of times, but I've never known a more annoying set of mud cunts on social media.

100%. There are genuinely divvys going around saying McGregor was robbed and being happy that he lasted to the 10th. Obviously having no clue about how Mayweather fights ffs
  • Options
    Have to say it was a good fight in my point of view. Mcgregor calling out the ref for stopping the fight is ridiculous.

First boxing match I've watched because I have always viewed it a ridiculously dull sport, but I think I might watch a bit more regularly after this.
  • Options
    No real surprises in the fight, McGregor did OK but never really threatened Floyd who barely got out of 3rd gear really.

Floyd just knew too much to allow Conor to unload that big left and Conor ran out of gas from round eight.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Have to say it was a good fight in my point of view. Mcgregor calling out the ref for stopping the fight is ridiculous.

All fighters do that after a KO, he may change his tune after seeing the replay, being Conor I doubt it though.

• Options

Huskaris said:

All fighters do that after a KO, he may change his tune after seeing the replay, being Conor I doubt it though.

It was a correct stoppage, I like Conor but there was no way he was coming back from that, he was gone.
  • Options
    Predictable. Mayweather is one of the greatest of all time and was always going to let McGregor wear himself down before stopping him. No contest, that's exactly what happened. I can't believe anyone thought McGregor could beat Mayweather.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited August 2017
    Predictable. Mayweather in total control. Let it go a few rounds because... why not?

Personally I think Mayweather could have taken him out in the 1st but chose not to as, why should he?

This was a Show and a good pay day for all.
  • Options
    For me the biggest difference between Boxing and MMA is the level of defence.

Blokes like Nate Diaz - as tough and braves as you could find - but the bloke uses his face as his first line of defence.

Floyd is just never there to really hit, he is always working angles that deny you a clean shot and when you do get a shot off he has speed enough to get away.

Would love to see Golovkin take on Floyd next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Huskaris said:

It was a correct stoppage, I like Conor but there was no way he was coming back from that, he was gone.
    I agree. The ref was also very fair to Conor, if he had the ref for the Mayweather Hatton fight, Joe Cortez he would have lost a load of points. Speaking of Joe he refereed the sparing session with Conor & Malignaggi and having see Conor's punches last night there is no way he would have floored Paulie.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

I agree. The ref was also very fair to Conor, if he had the ref for the Mayweather Hatton fight, Joe Cortez he would have lost a load of points. Speaking of Joe he refereed the sparing session with Conor & Malignaggi and having see Conor's punches last night there is no way he would have floored Paulie.
    Rumours of McGregor v Malignaggi in Dublin for St Patrick's Day now.

I agree McGregor would lose that too!
  • Options

Mayweather would get beat by anyone of note nowadays

Started early on the sauce?
  • Options
    I agree with NLA
    Take nothing away from Mayweather for what he has achieved in a fantastic career but put him in with Canelo or similar fighter now and he would get beat.
    Nothing wrong with that, he's an old man now (in boxing terms).
    Footwork and speed (2 of Floyds biggest assets) are naturally two of the first things to slow down/deteriorate with age
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Cotto would beat him now
    Spence
    Thurman
    Peterson

All beat him now

No sauce yet but Floyd is done I genuinely believe that this fight was in the making three yes ago
  • Options

I Just watched it on YouTube

McGregor boxes like a very limited and low talented boxer And he won't improve from that he has no power, timing,speed for this game

If he gets in with any pro boxer who is domestic champ level he would get beat

It was an exhibition match not a fight by two people who worked out how to get paid shit loads for zero risk

I Just watched it on YouTube

McGregor boxes like a very limited and low talented boxer And he won't improve from that he has no power, timing,speed for this game

If he gets in with any pro boxer who is domestic champ level he would get beat

It was an exhibition match not a fight by two people who worked out how to get paid shit loads for zero risk

Have to agree, Money May looked old in there last night.
  • Options

This would be a closer contest.image

AKFA verses Elfsborg
    @ElfsborgAddick which one are you?
    I'll go with

Malignaggi made a good point.
    Nobody has won this many rounds vs Floyd since Otto

I should have beaten him as well.
    You couldn't beat an egg you fairy.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

First boxing match I've watched because I have always viewed it a ridiculously dull sport, but I think I might watch a bit more regularly after this.

Respect to boxers as it is a bloody hard way to earn a living.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Started early on the sauce?
    He's 40, ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure how good Mayweather is now, would probably agree with NLA that this division now has fighters who could beat him now he is 40.

My opinion on McGregor actually went up, despite the fact the whole thing was ridiculous. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight again, possibly against Malignaggi given the bust up. Everything's set up for that now, probably wouldn't pay for it but would be reasonably intrigued.

I think the ref stopped it early, but only by a few seconds as it was coming.
  • Options

I will state it here and now and bet £250 to the upbeats

If Connor fights Paulie then Paulie will stop him without referee intervention it will be a ko

Connor can not box he is not able for any half decent pro

Please god put this notion to be bed and let him head back to MMA there's no interest in this shit there is no cross over

A perfect summing up NLA
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Just seen it on youtube for curiosity

McGregor started brightly as you would expect but the power in the punches was non excitant. his movement was all over the place and as he got tired later in the rounds it became comical. half the time he was spooning Mayweather during a clinch. this was partly cos of his erratic movement and Mayweathers lack of.

Mayweather is over a decade older than him. already semi retired and I think he has just announced his full retirement. (nice little earner to end on) he said himself that his body is starting to break down which isn't surprising. his movement wasn't the same as before and he rarely threw any combinations, apart from near the very end when it became target practice but he still made it look easy.

after the first few rounds McGregor looked absolutely spent. which is exactly what the older pro knew would happen. if it continued he would of fell over through exhaustion. Mayweather, passed his prime didn't even break into a sweat. easy money for both especially for money man.
  • Options
    A farce of a fight which demeans sport once it becomes all about personality. McGregor certainly not paid for his talent.

I fear this will be the first of ludicrous contests - look forward to Federer taking the classless clown on at tennis.
  • Options

If Connor fights Paulie then Paulie will stop him without referee intervention it will be a ko

Please god put this notion to be bed and let him head back to MMA there's no interest in this shit there is no cross over

I think he may be able to do alright at British level. It's hard to tell when someone's boxing Mayweather.

Sadly there is interest (not from me) for him to box again. Pauli puts him to sleep.

As for Mayweather's age, I had a poor stream but probably. He's called it a day so must be on the way down. Being so much below the weight limit probably means he Didn't train to hard for the fight.
  • Options
    Didn't the winner of this get a steel cage match with the undertaker?
  • Options

I'm a huge boxing fan and I cannot stand McGregor but Malignaggi would definitely not have it all his way against McGrego and I'd be sceptical of a Pauli KO, he got absolutely battered by Sam Eggington, who lets be honest, is nothing more than average.

And the problem is that, proper boxing fans who know the sport, know the scoring system, know how their technique and footwork should be wouldn't want to see McGregor box again, unfortunately all the lad bible type bandwagon penises who have no clue about the sport apart from AJ and now McGregor would drum up the interest. Sad really.
  • Options
    I gave Connor the first three rounds and Floyd everything after. 87-84 until it was stopped.

The UFC should be very happy with how this turned out. The fact he hung in there that long and won a few rounds legitimizes the UFC a bit.