Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options

buckshee said:

McGregor has the third fight with Diaz to look forward to , that'll be a big money spinner.

Shame Diaz hasn't fought since the second one (which I thought he won) Conor also has Khabib or Ferguson to fight if he wanted to break a habit of a lifetime and defend a belt. More likely he'll step back in the ring to give Pauli one last decent pay day and another KO on his record. The difference in money between boxing and MMA would be very appealing to Conor.
    Oh come on now, McGregor clearly won the 2nd fight. Granted he nearly lost it halfway through but I don't think it argued Nate won that. Seems if it can be arranged it will be Khabib in Russia next. That is a hell of a test for McGregor. I think the Ferguson fight would be more fun to watch but the intrigue and questions about Khabib would be fascinating.
    Dazzler21 said:

colthe3rd said:

I gave Connor the first three rounds and Floyd everything after. 87-84 until it was stopped.

The UFC should be very happy with how this turned out. The fact he hung in there that long and won a few rounds legitimizes the UFC a bit.

OK I've ignored a lot of the nonsense but I'll bite on this. First, in what way isn't the UFC legitimate? Second, how would this legitimise it?
    Colt do you wear these t's? image
    Not enough green, white and gold for me.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

McGregor has the third fight with Diaz to look forward to , that'll be a big money spinner.

Shame Diaz hasn't fought since the second one (which I thought he won) Conor also has Khabib or Ferguson to fight if he wanted to break a habit of a lifetime and defend a belt. More likely he'll step back in the ring to give Pauli one last decent pay day and another KO on his record. The difference in money between boxing and MMA would be very appealing to Conor.
    Oh come on now, McGregor clearly won the 2nd fight. Granted he nearly lost it halfway through but I don't think it argued Nate won that. Seems if it can be arranged it will be Khabib in Russia next. That is a hell of a test for McGregor. I think the Ferguson fight would be more fun to watch but the intrigue and questions about Khabib would be fascinating.
    You thought McGregor was going to beat Mayweather so I'll ignore your take on the Diaz fight! :smiley:

Khabib in Russia is probably the biggest money fight in MMA for him but I think there's more money to be made in boxing.
  • Options
    Watched it through again last night as I missed the first four rounds.

Mayweather has either lost so much form or he was letting McGregor have a few rounds.
    I've never seen Mayweather throw such lame ducks in my life.
    This was a circus and Mayweather probably could have ended it much much earlier.
    McGregor cannot box for toffee.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

You thought McGregor was going to beat Mayweather so I'll ignore your take on the Diaz fight! :smiley:

Khabib in Russia is probably the biggest money fight in MMA for him but I think there's more money to be made in boxing.
    Well I got enough bites with it so it was worth it.

Disagree, I think had he looked better then possibly but would a fight with Malinaggi make him more than Khabib? I very much doubt that. I think he still has a possible big 4 or 5 fights left in the UFC, Khabib, Ferguson, Holloway, Diaz and maybe whoever is WW title holder. I can see him wanting to be 3 weight champion.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

Disagree, I think had he looked better then possibly but would a fight with Malinaggi make him more than Khabib? I very much doubt that. I think he still has a possible big 4 or 5 fights left in the UFC, Khabib, Ferguson, Holloway, Diaz and maybe whoever is WW title holder. I can see him wanting to be 3 weight champion.
    He'd get crushed at WW, he's not even proven yet at LW. Personally I see him going back to the UFC and losing the LW belt.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

He'd get crushed at WW, he's not even proven yet at LW. Personally I see him going back to the UFC and losing the LW belt.
    He still has to cut a fair bit of weight to get to LW, he didn't look too bad against Diaz and he wouldn't be giving anything away in size against Woodley. The gassing issue would possibly be a problem especially if Woodley does what he has been doing his last few fights. I wasn't suggesting he should or will do it just it's a possibility for another big fight for him in the UFC.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did lose the LW belt especially if it's against Khabib, even Ferguson poses a big problem for him.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

That's like saying I could make more money playing for Man Utd, the bloke can't box!
  • Options
    And never will be able too at a decent level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

That's like saying I could make more money playing for Man Utd, the bloke can't box!
    Can't box but was involved in the biggest money fight in boxing history, can you get a trial for Man Utd?
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

The old I was going for bites remark despite losing a bet! :smiley:

Woodley would absolutely destory him, he's a five round fighter.
  • Options
    It was more a circus act than a proper boxing match, they even had a made up belt, ffs.

Can't see it happening again.
  • Options

It was more a circus act than a proper boxing match, they even had a made up belt, ffs.

You can't see someone replicating the fight which made the most money in history? :smiley:
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

Can't box but was involved in the biggest money fight in boxing history, can you get a trial for Man Utd?
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

You've seen my comments about him in the ufc thread, hardly those of a fanboy. I just enjoyed the seethe this whole thing generated, people who apparently don't care are still commenting on it.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

You've seen my comments about him in the ufc thread, hardly those of a fanboy. I just enjoyed the seethe this whole thing generated, people who apparently don't care are still commenting on it.
    The event being worthy of comment is fine, good luck to them with that. I even respect their ability to make so much money out of it - but anyone who paid to see it because they genuinely thought it was a contest was totally duped.

My boxing knowledge is fairly limited, but I've been watching for long enough to know that NLA is 100% right on everything he's said in this thread.
  • Options

You can't see someone replicating the fight which made the most money in history? :smiley:
    No, I can't, cos it won't raise that much money again, imo.
  • Options
    it was so obvious what was gonna happen everyone must have lumped on hard and cleaned , free bet i tell thee
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

Yeah, I did wonder if you were the same person!
  • Options

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/news/mayweather-v-mcgregor-ppv-sales-destroyed-mayweather-v-pacquiao-record-dana-white-claims/news-story/986047fd45e1ac4e8c98b9ecd2080eb3

6.5m ppv sales. Pretty sure boxing promoter's will want to book Mcgregor again.
  • Options

It was all pre scripted and worked out from the very beginning this was the worlds biggest scam

This This and this
    Sums the whole thing up perfectly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

If man utd were going to make 100million out of it theyd give him a trial tomoro
  • Options

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/news/mayweather-v-mcgregor-ppv-sales-destroyed-mayweather-v-pacquiao-record-dana-white-claims/news-story/986047fd45e1ac4e8c98b9ecd2080eb3

I'm not so sure.

Before Saturday's fight there was still the spectre of the unknown - but the genie is now out of the bottle. Even McGregor's most fervent believers must surely now realise there is no cross-over and that any semi-decent professional boxer would beat him in the boxing ring. There would be a fraction of the interest shown on Saturday for any subsequent boxing bout involving McGregor.

Saturday was a one-off (hopefully) and he should stick to UFC which is where he will make the most money, but of course never again the amount he made on Saturday.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I'm not so sure.

Before Saturday's fight there was still the spectre of the unknown - but the genie is now out of the bottle. Even McGregor's most fervent believers must surely now realise there is no cross-over and that any semi-decent professional boxer would beat him in the boxing ring. There would be a fraction of the interest shown on Saturday for any subsequent boxing bout involving McGregor.

Saturday was a one-off (hopefully) and he should stick to UFC which is where he will make the most money, but of course never again the amount he made on Saturday.
    Most predictable ppv main event fight since Harrison v Haye but still sold extremely well. I can't believe people are arguing with facts, the man as annoying as he is is box office.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

bobmunro said:

I'm not so sure.

Most predictable ppv main event fight since Harrison v Haye but still sold extremely well. I can't believe people are arguing with facts, the man as annoying as he is is box office.
    Those who have a good understanding of boxing saw it that way - but most of the 6.5 million PPV punters either saw it differently or approached it as voyeurs.

Yes of course he is box office - but in UFC, no longer in boxing.

That's how I see it anyway but I could be wrong and similar numbers might be are prepared to pay $100 PPV to watch him get beat again in the boxing ring.
  • Options

It was all pre scripted and worked out from the very beginning this was the worlds biggest scam

This This and this
    Sums the whole thing up perfectly
    I thought McGregor was about to throw a kick, only for Mayweather to hit him.with a steel chair
  • Options
    shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

buckshee said:

If man utd were going to make 100million out of it theyd give him a trial tomoro
    Usain Bolt will get a game for Man United at some point.
  • Options
    Why would McGregor be box office for any other fight

McGregor va mayweather was not just about McGregor it was also those who pay regardless of who mayweather is fighting normally to see if he gets beat

McGregor added to the TMT circus but that circus had rolled in for years

No one else he could be put with would generate enough interest to sell a PPV event

However in The UFC ( that I used to watch religiously but haven't since prob four year) I would presume he would sell out a ppv on there
  • Options

Why would McGregor be box office for any other fight

McGregor va mayweather was not just about McGregor it was also those who pay regardless of who mayweather is fighting normally to see if he gets beat

Mayweather's previous fight against Andre Berto had 400k buys.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I only watched a few mins of highlights. McGregor looked a totally pony boxer from what I saw

They made the money. Now 98% of the people who watched in This country won't watch or know about a boxing match until Aj's next fight. Mission accomplished.
  • Options
    That was because no one believed berto could beat him , mayweather was ridiculed for taking that fight as the one to reach 49-0

McGregor mayweather was a joint draw for numbers

But the way it was marketed the way the gullible bought into it the McGregor will offer things he has never faced

The way boxing fans felt compelled to watch it as an event not a fight ( I am still to speak to one fan of boxing who believed there was any chance he could win)

This will never be replicated as the whole world witnessed two things

Mayweather is finished as a boxer

McGregor will never be one

There's no money to be had you can't pull the same trick twice