Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

The only two people I would be certain are in the loop at the club are Meire and Joyes -

Not Murray?

Or the other ex directors?
    Thought the article said Murray wanted to get involved?
    Not digging anybody out here of course but that is a very good point, probably the best one made on this whole thread
    If Murray wants to deny the story there's nothing preventing him doing so publicly. He doesn't need to use proxies. He could ring Richard Cawley tomorrow morning and put his name to a statement to that effect. I know RC would be happy to run it, as long as it had Murray's name attached.
    you can't have it both ways though - if only joyes and meire are in the loop, how is it known that murray wants to be involved in something he is not in the loop on?
    Zzzzzzz nob off would ya?
    bit aggressive touchy
  • Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

sammy391 said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

The only two people I would be certain are in the loop at the club are Meire and Joyes -

Not Murray?

Not digging anybody out here of course but that is a very good point, probably the best one made on this whole thread
    If Murray wants to deny the story there's nothing preventing him doing so publicly. He doesn't need to use proxies. He could ring Richard Cawley tomorrow morning and put his name to a statement to that effect. I know RC would be happy to run it, as long as it had Murray's name attached.
    you can't have it both ways though - if only joyes and meire are in the loop, how is it known that murray wants to be involved in something he is not in the loop on?
    I read that as “in the loop” means knowing the ins and outs of any deal - and what it would include ...

Murray could well only know that a deal is being Negotiated and nothing else

Additionally, there doesn’t have to be a takeover being negotiated for Murray to know he would like to be involved in a ‘post Duchâtelet’ ownership
    u dont need to know the ins and outs of something that isn't happening to know its not happening....
    There's nothing quite like successfully creating a triple negative !

Perhaps your time might be more profitably spent considering the possibility that your source, or their source, may not be being entirely truthful. At least while you are pondering it will stop you and those reading this thread from going in ever decreasing circles. ;-)
  • Christ - this thing should be terminated... now!!!!!
  • addick05 said:

Christ - this thing should be terminated... now!!!!!

exactly
  • edited November 2017
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Not Murray?

I don’t consider Murray to be “at the club” and whatever the validity of that my point was that no one other than Meire or Joyes who is there would necessarily be in a position to know what is going on. Hence this isn’t “my mate who works in the shop part-time heard” scenario.

Murray was then introduced into this point by AFKA. What he does and doesn’t know is of no relevance to it - unless someone is claiming him as their source that it isn’t happening.
  • Glad we cleared all that up before the takeover was announced...
  • Is there a known antidote to takeover threads?
  • Fascinating little article in today's Times about Bradford. I had no idea that average wage in League 1 is £100,000.

Shame Roland didn't commission a documentary about his first year in charge.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bradford-city-owner-german-players-get-50-of-wages-in-bonuses-english-want-90-up-front-q5bmc8wx9?shareToken=68c2017764033c04df92d927338625ed
  • Sponsored links:

• Fascinating little article in today's Times about Bradford. I had no idea that average wage in League 1 is £100,000.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bradford-city-owner-german-players-get-50-of-wages-in-bonuses-english-want-90-up-front-q5bmc8wx9?shareToken=68c2017764033c04df92d927338625ed

£2K a week on average seems about right? Ours will be higher than that but teams like Wimbledon etc will pay much less.
  • Never realised the parallels between Bradford and us in terms of new owners. We are third and they are fourth. Yet I still feel their experiment is working and ours has been a total failure. Confused.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WYfBDePLlq8
  • I'm not in the know or in the loop, have any inside information or knows anyone that does, but I'm still hopeful !!!

£2K a week on average seems about right? Ours will be higher than that but teams like Wimbledon etc will pay much less.
    Ours will be a lot higher, hence Marshall and Clarke moving from them to us. Solly has never been a well paid player, for example, but he's likely to be on £5k.

So if we are getting value for money we should outperform them, all other things being equal, because we can attract better players.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Not Murray?

I don’t consider Murray to be “at the club” and whatever the validity of that my point was that no one other than Meire or Joyes who is there would necessarily be in a position to know what is going on. Hence this isn’t “my mate who works in the shop part-time heard” scenario.

Murray was then introduced into this point by AFKA. What he does and doesn’t know is of no relevance to it - unless someone is claiming him as their source that it isn’t happening.
    fair enough and understood - i.e, the takeover info isn't coming from within the club so nobody in finance or wherever in the club should feel under scrutiny of leaking info - its coming from elsewhere - kinda back to square one really which again is fair enough - all down to who I believe most I guess - be interesting to see how it unfolds
  • Sponsored links:

• So maybe the Japanese are looking at us........no wonder the DD is taking so long that’s one hell of a fecking language to understand.
    Even the average Japanese has difficulty.
  • I love this line - "If STVV soon sends a press invitation, it will not go over the dismissal of his trainer."

Has Karl lasted a year yet? If he has, has any other coach in the network?
  • Addickted said:

Seems like he's sold STVV - looks like the Belgian journo has swapped imminent for very quickly.

Sorry for the Google translate.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/1.3096539

"STVV could be taken over very quickly by Japanese "

The full acquisition of STVV is on til. "It's up to the Japanese to take the club into the hands," says Sporza-football commentator Stef Waleed.

"I know there is a whole delegation of DMM.com in the country. That Japanese online company already has a minority stake in STVV, says Stef Waleed.

"It was said that DMM.com STVV would take over the new year from Roland Duchâtelet, but from different angles we have now been told that it could go faster."

"The Japanese would seize the interland between Belgium and Japan in Bruges to take over power now." To watch out, there is no definitive affirmation of, but the months long by lighting by the Japanese of STVV would be in the decisive phase. "

"It would therefore not be illogical that DMM.com will seize this time to launch the news that they will take over a Belgian club in their own country."

"Big Boss Roland Duchâtelet does not take his phone and does not communicate, so it is waiting for him to put all his signature. But that it is fast to arrive, is clear. If STVV soon sends a press invitation, it will not go over the dismissal of his trainer."

can only be a good sign
  • If hes lost interest in STTV his hometown club and 'footballing firstborn child' then I'd take that as he's lost interest in football altogether and wants to buy Chrystal Palarse.

Hopefully soon.

• Without STVV he should be able to spend more of his time on Charlton. Expect a visit from him in 2021.

Even if he sold all his other clubs and all his business interests , leaving us his sole purpose , he still would not watch us even on live stream .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!