Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Curb_It said:
    I know but couldnt you have left his name off?  He could get in to trouble at work. 
    He could also get in trouble with his boyfriend for trying to pick up total strangers.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    so a random guy on a train turns out to be talking utter bollox ? whoda thought it !!
    Yeah knew there was a chance, but not seen anything to suggest any more than his name was 'utter bollox' as you put it.

Nothing to say it's all true either 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    A friend of mine works in the media team at Brighton and he says there’s nobody called David in their department. 
    Louis old chap........he’s known as Dave.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Mal said:
    Permission to read too much into this?

Edit. Cawley says don't read anything into it. 
  • Options
    Just got a text from my gay mate Cuthbert. 
    He comes from Brighton. 
    He said that while travelling on a train today some strange bloke who claimed to be a Charlton supporter was coming onto him really heavy. 
    He asked me if I know who this person was as he would really like to meat (Sorry meet) up for a chat.
    Honestly I'm speechless. 
    Coincidence or what?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
    I don't remember much outrage when the were rolled over the last 2 times.  Why didn't Murray clear them before he sold us to the spivs and we won't be in the mess we are in now...........

It's RD's fault he didn't know about them, not his fault that they are there.  I would go as far as he has no moral responsibility to clear them.  That however is very diffrent to paying them off to allow the sale to go through. 
    Are they allowed to sell them to a 3rd party?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    LouisMend said:
    A friend of mine works in the media team at Brighton and he says there’s nobody called David in their department. 
     Probably a troll in that case. Which is a bit shite. He did seem to know a lot about our current situation.

Hopefully he gave a false name and the rest is legit.

Bit disappointed now to be honest. @LouisMend any chance your friend has heard similar at least?
    Did David mention having a friend called Sammy ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1737, death of Antonio Stradavari, The famous violin maker.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Was there any reason you struck up a conversation with a stranger on a train?  
    It’s the perfect plan.
    They’re going to commit each other’s murders.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
    I don't remember much outrage when the were rolled over the last 2 times.  Why didn't Murray clear them before he sold us to the spivs and we won't be in the mess we are in now...........

It's RD's fault he didn't know about them, not his fault that they are there.  I would go as far as he has no moral responsibility to clear them.  That however is very diffrent to paying them off to allow the sale to go through. 
    Are they allowed to sell them to a 3rd party?
    They have been, twice. 
  • Options
    He comes from Brighton. 
    He said that while travelling on a train today some strange bloke who claimed to be a Charlton supporter was coming onto him really heavy. 
    He asked me if I know who this person was as he would really like to meat (Sorry meet) up for a chat.
    Honestly I'm speechless. 
    I’ve pm’d you my number
    I've passed it on to Cuthbert. 
    Enjoy. 
  • Options
    1737, death of Antonio Stradavari, The famous violin maker.
    and Cellos...

• Options
    So to sum up today:

Don't believe what strangers tell you on a train.
    And nearly 3 weeks after the Wembley win, 
    Lee Bowyer *might* be making progress.

• Options
    So to sum up today:

Don't believe what strangers tell you on a train.
    And nearly 3 weeks after the Wembley win, 
    Lee Bowyer *might* be making progress.

Id sum it up as bollox. The whole day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought the takeover was all about groups.parties.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

The right direction, Bow's asked to conclude the meeting with RD in Makros carpark McDonalds
  • Options
    He comes from Brighton. 
    Honestly I'm speechless. 
    Coincidence or what?
    Is the correct term not, in matters of romance, fate? 
  • Options
    Waited all day to hear negotiations moving in right direction. I fear it all basically hinges on a takeover.
  • Options
    Can I just state my utter loathing for that Belgian dental car crash at this point?  It will obviously serve no other purpose than a catharsis of my soul in these times of frustration and gnawing ball ache.
  • Options

I know it's been said an million times before, but what an absolute shambles. The job Bowyer has done... for the single season performance he's just had - well... it's got to be up there with anything Seed, Lawrence, Curbs, or Powell ever achieved... the best managers this club has ever know.

Winning promotion on a shoe string.
    Playing good quality football the likes of which we didn't really see even under Powell and only a few times under Curbs
    Turning supporter apathy in August into one of the largest, noisiest, most united turnouts ever by our supporters at Wembley 9 months later.

I mean, I honestly don't know what more he could have done. Yet here we are, at the 11th hour, and things are merely "beginning to move in the right direction". And it's not even as if it appears a difficult deal to do - Bowyer really, truly wants to stay FFS!

It beggars belief, it really does.

Don’t be silly, can’t put in the sand breathe as some of those. 

We didn’t pay a fee for anyone but let’s be honest we still had a very good squad for the third tier. Don’t get me wrong, he done an outstanding job but all we did was win promotion from the third tier. Of course we need to keep him but I think his achievements are slightly exaggerated, mostly because of the shit over the last few years. 
    Eh?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!