Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Someone posted in the same thread "The Aussies have pulled out lack of funding".
    Not according to Gerard just now. 
    By the sounds of all the rumours you’d think Dalman must be ahead though.
    Have no other info at the moment. 
    If all the rumours were true we’d have probably been taken over about 50 times by now. The Aussies would have completed most of them.
    Do you really still believe after 2 years Aussies are still interested 
    I reckon they are still interested 

but I also reckon they are fking skint
    Based on?

Muir alone has the money to buy and run the club.

We don't even know who the other Indian and US partners are so can have no clue as to how rich or "skint" they are.

I don't know how much money they have collectively so how I'm asking a genuine question. How do we know they don't have the money?

Another point.

Duchatelet is the big problem, is and always has been.

But the other significant issue for me is too many intermediaries, brokers and representatives on all sides muddying the waters.

Incompetent Meire and Incompetent De Turck for RD.

Murray claiming to know what the other ex-directors wi take when he doesn't speak for them.

The Aussies and the international group having paid brokers leading on deals.

It means buyer never talks to seller direct.  Everyone has their angle, their interests, their cut to think about.
      But does spill to @JamesSeed at the drop of a hat!
    Just proved my point.

JS doesn't speak to Muir direct and has never claimed to.

He speaks to Murphy, who isn't the money but an intermediary.
      You mean to tell me Murphy wouldn't be savvy to the financial wranglings that are supposedly ongoing?

The Aussie project is Murphy's baby.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Wasn’t expecting to cause such a stir. A couple of you need to calm down a bit. 

For info, Murphy sometimes calls me, and I haven’t called him for three weeks. 

I sent him a Whats App last night, because of all the rumours flying around, asking if they’d pulled out. He said they haven’t. 

And that’s it. 

To be honest I’m pretty bored with all the transfer talk, and I don’t even have a preference as to who buys the club. If the Aussies don’t have funding to buy the club and run it properly for five years I’d rather someone else did. But as Henry said, we don’t really know the facts at the current time. 

We’ve heard good and bad things about Dalman, but he has genuine relevant experience in high level football, and clearly isn’t another spiv - but he is what you’d call a football man. Wouldn’t be disappointed at all if he bought the club. 
    Appreciate you posting what you hear James.

What negative things have we heard about Dalman btw? For me he looks a sound choice.
  • J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:

I sent him a Whats App last night, because of all the rumours flying around, asking if they’d pulled out. He said they haven’t. 

And that’s it. 

To be honest I’m pretty bored with all the transfer talk, and I don’t even have a preference as to who buys the club. If the Aussies don’t have funding to buy the club and run it properly for five years I’d rather someone else did. But as Henry said, we don’t really know the facts at the current time. 

We’ve heard good and bad things about Dalman, but he has genuine relevant experience in high level football, and clearly isn’t another spiv - but he is what you’d call a football man. Wouldn’t be disappointed at all if he bought the club. 

What negative things have we heard about Dalman btw? For me he looks a sound choice.
    Well I think we learnt that his full  name is an anagram for something disturbing ...hem  mental mad . Something like that. 
  • Mr Lickspittle turns up for his three day shift of doing eff all today.
    Five days until the end of the month.
  • Addickted said:
    Redrobo said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Someone posted in the same thread "The Aussies have pulled out lack of funding".

Of course the Aussies don't have the funding, otherwise they would have bought the Club two years ago.
    Be honest, you don’t have any evidence to make this claim, do you?

I would suggest that they have their price and terms for purchase and will not shift from it. 

I would further suggest that the reason we have not got new owners lies firmly with Roland, and not with the Aussies, or any of the professional businessmen, that have tried.
    If I want something I buy it. If I can't afford it I don't buy it. The only thing the Aussies have bought is two red and white scarves.

The rest is just noise.
    To be fair them scarfs are dear
  • J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:

And that’s it. 

For me too.
    But I read at least two posts on here from members saying that they knew people who used to work with him, who said he’s ‘not very nice’. 
    Of course they are purely subjective opinions, and anyway, you don’t need to be ‘a nice person’ to run a football club successfully, from what I hear. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:

Of course the Aussies don't have the funding, otherwise they would have bought the Club two years ago.
    Probably, but we won’t actually know until either they buy the club, or pull out. The rest is speculation and rumour. 

No disrespect meant to you James as you are only passing on what you are told but from the snippets of info on here over the years it sounds like their model would be very risky ie a consortium of random  money who will either make every decision by committee or just be in it to make a return....which is not easily achievable.

Concern would be that when the penny dropped some of the financers would lose interest and pull their cash/ block any further investment like the conclusion of the Kevin Cash era.

Muir in his on right has the wealth to buy and fund outright but as a sensible businessman will want to spread that risk amongst others....from my outside observation it appears a consortium of random investors (?) rather than a group of wealthy people with a keen shared football vision for our club that may have initially existed at the outset.

Could be completely wrong and am only going on what I've learned on here but the model I understand from that gives me the concerns about it's viability and longevity and the outcome if one of many recruited investors lose interest/ realise it isn't the return they were sold (happened to Cash who then dropped us like a hot potato ).

Yes, good post, and I share your concerns, as I don’t fully understand the business model of what seem to be rolling investment. Way outside my area of expertise. I ran a Ltd company for ten years (a record label), and there were only two investors, me and my best mate. Kept it nice and simple.

• 1795, The British Navy introduce daily rations of lemon juice to help combat scurvy.
    I thought it was limes ........ the reason the Yanks call us Limeys?

• JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:

And that’s it. 

For me too.
    But I read at least two posts on here from members saying that they knew people who used to work with him, who said he’s ‘not very nice’. 
    Of course they are purely subjective opinions, and anyway, you don’t need to be ‘a nice person’ to run a football club successfully, from what I hear. 
    Luckily for us, of course, we are presently owned by a nice person.

I can't remember if it was Katrien Miere  ...... or perhaps Roland himself saying that he was a nice person.

• Sponsored links:

• I have only recently posted about the Australians as an ITK person since a family member has met one of the alleged consortium whilst on holiday. They are still in.  
  • edited June 2019
    #vivalajamesseed

• Redrobo said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:

I would suggest that they have their price and terms for purchase and will not shift from it. 

I would further suggest that the reason we have not got new owners lies firmly with Roland, and not with the Aussies, or any of the professional businessmen, that have tried.
    That's the point though...what sensible business people would buy a football club these days....none in terms of a pure business decision.

Most clubs are loss making season to season

Ways to make money owning clubs in modern football appear to be limited to:

1) buy one of the few profit generating (I imagine) super clubs like Barcelona, Madrid etc

2) Invest own money or leverage the purchase and future investment against your own private company charging interest gambling at seeing a return by getting to the top flight and cashing in by someone willing to gamble on taking it to the next level ie champion's league ...very low odds and an increasingly competitive league extend these odds

3) asset stripping/ land sale - unlikely and commercial property investment would yield a greater return without anywhere near the same amount of headaches as doing it at a living breathing football clubs.

So if football clubs aren't bought on business decisions that leaves you with owners whose rationale for buying and funding is:

1) passion for that particular club...ie local boy done well...rare as hens teeth in England now the level of wealth required

2) ego trippers - the Tan types

3) genuine decent types like Leicester's late owner who will invest in the concept and the town and its people....even rarer than point 1

4) lunatics who see a new rule like FFP to be exploited and spend years stubbornly trying to instil a failed experiment and protracted sale (mentioning no names)

5) consortia of random investors sold on a return that will soon become apparent doesn't exist a la Kevin Cash

6) Man city types who have so much perpetual wealth they can take tens of millions of losses for seasons on end until an equilibrium is reached and the balance tilts so they can then buy the trophies in perpetuity- rare again

Any sensible business person would not buy a club as a sensible investment alone.

And whether their motivations and objectives are aligned with the supporters and what is good for the long and short term future of that club appears to be incidental on an increasing basis across the English game.
    The Aussies have a plan to help develop Australian players so perhaps you could consider adding that sort of criteria to your list.

I think you also ignore that very few make decisions based solely on economic sense. We buy new cars, go on nice holidays, give money to charities etc etc.

The very rich buy massive yachts, private planes, fleets of expensive cars, houses all over the world that are staffed and maintained at huge losses. You have to make sure your rivals know how rich you are and keep upping the stakes.

Really successful entrepreneurs enjoy the game of making money. Owning a football club is also a good game. The best at the game win big, and also enjoy the whole ownership thing. 
  • I have only recently posted about the Australians as an ITK person since a family member has met one of the alleged consortium whilst on holiday. They are still in.  
    Bognor?
  • Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    If all the rumours were true we’d have probably been taken over about 50 times by now. The Aussies would have completed most of them.

Based on?

We don't even know who the other Indian and US partners are so can have no clue as to how rich or "skint" they are.

I don't know how much money they have collectively so how I'm asking a genuine question. How do we know they don't have the money?

Another point.

But the other significant issue for me is too many intermediaries, brokers and representatives on all sides muddying the waters.

Murray claiming to know what the other ex-directors wi take when he doesn't speak for them.

It means buyer never talks to seller direct.  Everyone has their angle, their interests, their cut to think about.
    Just proved my point.

You mean to tell me Murphy wouldn't be savvy to the financial wranglings that are supposedly ongoing?

I never said that or anything like it, as you well know

Is it?  How do you know that for sure?

• edited June 2019
    Addickted said:
    Redrobo said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:

If I want something I buy it. If I can't afford it I don't buy it. The only thing the Aussies have bought is two red and white scarves.

The rest is just noise.
    That explains why you never get your round in then.

I thought it was because you're a tight bastard.

As well as afford and can't afford there is third option.  Buy when the price is right.
  • Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:

Based on?

Another point.

Just proved my point.

I never said that or anything like it, as you well know

Is it?  How do you know that for sure?

Because I had a 45 min chat with Gerard about it.
  • No way is It Murphy’s baby he is just the frontman of a poor band   
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!