Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Uboat said:

"Based on a Deloitte Feasibility study, AFC will incorporate the best global sports management and science practices. AFC also plans to create a world-class training facility at the training ground to develop young talent.

The Australian Football Consortium is currently raising capital. Register your interest at the button below."

Oh god.  They have a system all worked out.  oh god oh god oh god.
    RD had a "system" all worked out, remember?
    That's exactly what I mean....not again...
    Roland had a shit system therefore systems are shit? Man City have got a system, so that's one all. 
    Man City's owners weren't touting online for random investers, over 2 years after making their initial bid though. Which imo kind of makes their system for anything else in their plans a bit flimsy
    That bit is worrying, but relates to finance and isn't their system as quoted earlier. 
  • Scoham said:
    Laddick01 said:
    So price for the club agreed I’m assuming? 

Debating Loans and whole payment/staggered payments I’m guessing.

Feels like that shouldn’t be too much of an issue but at this point I don’t even know.
    13th June the Welsh journalist sent a message to someone from the forum that shall not be named.

"Issues over taking over debt and something to do with training ground are complicating it.".

I assume that RD wants some of the money owed to him left as debt. What could the issue around the training ground be?

Perhaps he thinks he can hold on to the training ground?

I raised this issue months ago as a concern however I am now convinced RD wants nothing to do with us once he sells and is not looking to be involved at all 
    Good, he would be more crazy than I ever thought possible to keep any interest when he sells. 
  • Scoham said:
    On the two obstacles the other forum saying one down one to go. Also suggesting the lack of signings is due to the takeover.
    I read that too and it’s encouraging. What it does imply though is that the dates of completion being bandied about are false. I guess we wait.
  • It's getting closer. 
  • Redrobo said:
    A chap who seems very well connected is saying one issue resolved and now working upon other issue.

Seems very knowledgeable and all very encouraging. 
    Let's hope so. Who is it?
  • 1800, King George lll survives 2 assassination attempts. The first in Hyde Park & the second at The Theatre Royal Drury Lane.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Already been posted but as recently as 6 May the Aussies were still looking for investors to join them.

https://wholesaleinvestor.com.au/australian-football-consortium-in-the-running-to-buy-english-league-one-team-charlton-athletic/
    I refer the right honourable gentleman to an answer I gave earlier some moments ago

• Sponsored links:

• ...Damn
  • It's getting closer. 
    Dalman?
  • edited June 2019
    Uboat said:

"Based on a Deloitte Feasibility study, AFC will incorporate the best global sports management and science practices. AFC also plans to create a world-class training facility at the training ground to develop young talent.

The Australian Football Consortium is currently raising capital. Register your interest at the button below."

Roland had a shit system therefore systems are shit? Man City have got a system, so that's one all. 
    Man City's owners weren't touting online for random investers, over 2 years after making their initial bid though. Which imo kind of makes their system for anything else in their plans a bit flimsy
    I don’t disagree at all, it’s not a good look when I imagine you’d be looking to inspire confidence in yourselves as owners. 

I did ask about this though, and the site is specifically looking for future investment. Sunderland, for example, have just received new financial investment from an individual who I imagine will become a shareholder/director. 
    All clubs have investors who sit on the board as directors don’t they? I imagine most clubs are open to new investment.

I suppose though that the ideal owner is an individual with deep pockets prepared to invest his own money to keep the club competitive in the long term. 
  • Uboat said:
    It's getting closer. 
    That's inevitable, based on the linear nature of time. 
    That might not be strictly true. Check out Lagrangian Schema
  • Battle of trafalgar and Waterloo around the corner. 
  • Wonder if the lack of signings is a self inflicted transfer embargo due to how close (for once) the takeover actually is?

Still find it weird that Aribo hasn't been confirmed
  • Cawley an hour ago: “Don't believe the Dalman interest ever went away. But equally don't think it is close as things stand.”
  • Cawley an hour ago: “Don't believe the Dalman interest ever went away. But equally don't think it is close as things stand.”
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!
  • Sponsored links:

This is my personal opinion on it 

i think something will happen before the season starts but certainly not convinced it will be Dalman 
  • edited June 2019
    Uboat said:

Man City, eh?

I believe that their system was based on having shitloads of money and throwing it around the transfer market?
  • edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    I posted a few weeks ago that the price was £33m but went up by £7m when we won promotion, despite a promise not to raise it on promotion. I’m not sure if what price Dalman has agreed to. 

I an led to believe the price is now 30-33 mil so not sure where the extra 7 come from 

the 7 mil is the charges which I don’t see why Roland should settle to be honest I don’t think anyone should 

if we ever get back to prem those fine gentleman who saved our club from going into admin deserve every penny back 
    It was £33m, and RD was supposed to have given clean title, ie settled the directors’ loans. As you know he failed massively to do that, and then told the Aussies to do it. Hence the £7m increase. I’m not sure why they want clean title. Never asked. 
    Agree the directors should otherwise get their money back once in Prem. 
  • Not actually certain the FF is going ahead tonight, has anyone else heard anything?
  • _MrDick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I posted a few weeks ago that the price was £33m but went up by £7m when we won promotion, despite a promise not to raise it on promotion. I’m not sure if what price Dalman has agreed to. 

I an led to believe the price is now 30-33 mil so not sure where the extra 7 come from 

the 7 mil is the charges which I don’t see why Roland should settle to be honest I don’t think anyone should 

if we ever get back to prem those fine gentleman who saved our club from going into admin deserve every penny back 
    Personal opinion alert ... I think the Aussies want clean title because they want to fund the 'process' against the assets. They might have the £33m purchase price but they haven't got the resources to fund a sustained promotion push to the PL. 
    this with bells on 
  • razil said:
    Not actually certain the FF is going ahead tonight, has anyone else heard anything?
    If it doesn’t, hopefully it’s beca Dalman is close.
  • razil said:
    Not actually certain the FF is going ahead tonight, has anyone else heard anything?
    Lieven Da Funk has got a hair appointment instead
  • Fumbluff said:
    razil said:
    Lieven Da Funk has got a hair appointment instead
    A meeting tonight for fans with not much else on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!