Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Nothings changed then, unrealistic valuation, can't agree price etc etc.
  • edited June 2019
  • Could this be the reason why news of new signings is slow so far this week?, bearing in mind how many (4?) are supposed to be coming in the week - know it's only Tuesday though
  • edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    Already been posted but as recently as 6 May the Aussies were still looking for investors to join them.

https://wholesaleinvestor.com.au/australian-football-consortium-in-the-running-to-buy-english-league-one-team-charlton-athletic/
    Theres a group I know but the money isn't exactly above board....
    Is that Lennie Lawrence on the far right?
    And one of elfsborg addick’s old birds on the far left.
  • Scoham said:
    Already been posted but as recently as 6 May the Aussies were still looking for investors to join them.

https://wholesaleinvestor.com.au/australian-football-consortium-in-the-running-to-buy-english-league-one-team-charlton-athletic/
    Scoham said:

And you with hair standing up.
  • Ultimatum said:
    The training ground upgrades RD was carrying out/planning to carry out ever get finished? Maybe if they’re unfinished the new buyer wants the price adjusted etc... for the unfinished work? 
    There’s a drinks machine that hasn’t been refilled there either...
  • Scoham said:
    Laddick01 said:
    So price for the club agreed I’m assuming? 

Debating Loans and whole payment/staggered payments I’m guessing.

Feels like that shouldn’t be too much of an issue but at this point I don’t even know.
    13th June the Welsh journalist sent a message to someone from the forum that shall not be named.

"Issues over taking over debt and something to do with training ground are complicating it.".

I assume that RD wants some of the money owed to him left as debt. What could the issue around the training ground be?

Perhaps he thinks he can hold on to the training ground?

I raised this issue months ago as a concern however I am now convinced RD wants nothing to do with us once he sells and is not looking to be involved at all 
    You seemed to imply in an earlier post that you were concerned that the Aussies might pip Dalman. How could thay happen if they haven't got the money?
  • Uboat said:
    Scoham said:
    Laddick01 said:

Feels like that shouldn’t be too much of an issue but at this point I don’t even know.
    13th June the Welsh journalist sent a message to someone from the forum that shall not be named.

"Issues over taking over debt and something to do with training ground are complicating it.".

I assume that RD wants some of the money owed to him left as debt. What could the issue around the training ground be?

I raised this issue months ago as a concern however I am now convinced RD wants nothing to do with us once he sells and is not looking to be involved at all 
    You seemed to imply in an earlier post that you were concerned that the Aussies might pip Dalman. How could thay happen if they haven't got the money?
    Peter Jones might have seen the - https://wholesaleinvestor.com.au/australian-football-consortium-in-the-running-to-buy-english-league-one-team-charlton-athletic/ - said "I'm in", then said "I'm out" again
  • 1799, William Pitt the Younger introduces income tax of 2 shillings in the pound to find The Napoleonic Wars.
  • Close to page 1800
  • Sponsored links:

• "Based on a Deloitte Feasibility study, AFC will incorporate the best global sports management and science practices. AFC also plans to create a world-class training facility at the training ground to develop young talent.

The Australian Football Consortium is currently raising capital. Register your interest at the button below."

Oh god.  They have a system all worked out.  oh god oh god oh god.
  • edited June 2019
    It is possible to get an even worse owner than RD.....
    Yes. The hedge fund manager at Coventry,
    or the dreaded Father and son at Blackpool until recently. Only two out of 90 though !
    Bolton who had to forfeit a game last season
    Bury who are in a complete mess despite promotion
    The likes of Leyton Orient and Stockport who crashed out of the league under previous mad owners
    Northampton where money invested by the council for a new stand has vanished...

TBF  I did know there are quite a few more shite owners than the shitweasel but thought  I would leave it to others to point it out ! Thanks for being there for me.
  • "Based on a Deloitte Feasibility study, AFC will incorporate the best global sports management and science practices. AFC also plans to create a world-class training facility at the training ground to develop young talent.

The Australian Football Consortium is currently raising capital. Register your interest at the button below."

RD had a "system" all worked out, remember?
  • ...or is that a whooosh

Which bit of their statement don't you like?
  • Just sell the club and FUCK OFF 
    This.

Ffs, how much longer?
  • Deloitte might have been good once, but they're bloody shite now. Worked with them a number of times of late - Mainly their digital branch mind.

That's exactly what I mean....not again...

Feel free to give me a whoosh
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    Laddick01 said:

I'm having a Harry met Sally moment.....

YES ! YES ! YES ! 
  • Uboat said:
    Scoham said:
    Laddick01 said:

I said  I don’t believe they have got the money to sustain the losses and that the price has reduced enough to get over the purchase issue 

@scoham no I believe the asking price is a sold as seen price it will be the end of it and he is gone 
    And YES ! 

Roland had a shit system therefore systems are shit? Man City have got a system, so that's one all. 
  • Scoham said:

I refer the right honourable gentleman to an answer I gave earlier. 
  • On the two obstacles the other forum saying one down one to go. Also suggesting the lack of signings is due to the takeover.
  • Ultimatum said:

Quite like that he takes the time to reply to me (I’m sure he would anyone else). His hopes of it not happening seem to be dwindling away
    Didn't reply to me, the prick. 
     :p 

• Uboat said:

"Based on a Deloitte Feasibility study, AFC will incorporate the best global sports management and science practices. AFC also plans to create a world-class training facility at the training ground to develop young talent.

Roland had a shit system therefore systems are shit? Man City have got a system, so that's one all. 
    Man City's owners weren't touting online for random investers, over 2 years after making their initial bid though. Which imo kind of makes their system for anything else in their plans a bit flimsy
  • I posted a few weeks ago that the price was £33m but went up by £7m when we won promotion, despite a promise not to raise it on promotion. I’m not sure if what price Dalman has agreed to. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!