Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• All very quiet, he will be here next season no doubt
  • It's a very slow day would anyone like an argument?
    Piss off
    Call that an argument? That's just abuse.
    No it's not. 
    Bloody cardigan boy ambushing my argument 

I love you really
    Five minute argument, or the full half hour?
    Piss off
    Call that an argument? That's just abuse.
    No it's not. 
    Bloody cardigan boy ambushing my argument 

I love you really
    Xx
  • The Aussies are great, aren’t they!
  • JamesSeed said:
    The Aussies are great, aren’t they!
    Where's that flag button 
  • JamesSeed said:
    All joking aside  have you heard anything lately. 
  • edited July 2019
    Where’s  nla ?
  • edited July 2019
    Personally speaking, I'm worried for @happyvalley.  After the sturm und drang in these pages over the last weeks, it must feel like going cold turkey...

And, worst of all, 1889 was going to be a doozy, what with Preston North End winning the first Football League, Sheffield United being formed, the first incarnations of Nintendo, Coca Cola and Michelin, the opening of the Eiffel Tower, the Land Rush in Oklahoma, and, as Jimmy Cricket would say, there's more.

It's cruel, I tell you.

Edit - Bugger, that's torn it.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    All joking aside  have you heard anything lately. 
    I saw them collecting in The Glades this morning.
  • Don't think the takeover is anywhere near imminent the way Bowyer is talking about signing up players that are out of contract soon and the fact that we have paid money for two players suggest to me that Roland will be with us for a while!
    For the twunt to have sanctioned any transfer fees at all, led me to think he believed a sale was close.  He got agreement from alleged bidders to sanction LB's package.  The risible old liar is on record as not wanting to saddle the club with future liabilities (I've paraphrased his words into actual English as what is used by actual English people) so he ain't signing up CAFC to wage bills for 2 or 3 years without some assurance his (imagined) bidders are agreeable, i.e. they're not about to quibble about being lumbered with LB, The Cat, etc.
    The deafening silence this last week makes me think roly's confidence in the progress is waning.  No news in this case not being good news.
    I realise I'm crediting the hilarious old bungler with some consistency in his behaviour, he's not learned one damned thing in 5 years ruining CAFC, so my money's on he's let these latest enquirers through his crooked bony fingers and we're stuck with him til xmas at least.
    I can imagine no fate too brutal or degrading could come his way that would trouble me one iota.

Boris as PM blundering us out of the EU into economic catastrophe seems barely troubling in comparison.
    I guess he can't justify selling without enough players either but we're not even somewhere in between.
  • All very quiet, he will be here next season no doubt
    As a manic depressive i have hit pay dirt supporting Charlton...
  • 1889, London Dockers go on strike for a minimum wage of sixpence an hour which they eventually win.
  • Pay dirt?
    Is this some kind of word association game now?
    (Mustn’t pause, mustn’t hesitate, look at each other and say blah!)
  • JamesSeed said:
    It's a very slow day would anyone like an argument?

James I think you manage to get in enough arguments, without any help from me
  • JamesSeed said:

I think that's probably my favourite Python sketch
  • JamesSeed said:

Mine to
  • Sponsored links:

• Brie, Roquefort, Pont-l'Eveque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre-de-L'Est, Boursin, Bresse Bleu, Perle de Champagne?
  • Addickted said:
    Brie, Roquefort, Pont-l'Eveque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre-de-L'Est, Boursin, Bresse Bleu, Perle de Champagne?
    Laughing 🐮 
  • edited July 2019
    I am trying to stay positive and hopeful that background talks are going on between Dalman and Roland. Even by Roland's standards this is a weird situation. Bowyer is confident in getting 3 or 4 last week. Odd that nothing has happened? Roland knows this is the best offer he is ever going to get.. he has spent minimum.  Bowyer doesn't seem concered or frustrated all and said "we will surpise people this year". There has only been one message put out to the Standard. Was that to get Roland negotiating.. We have had no rant from RD, no update on his website him slating Dalman etc. 
  • Still no yawn
  • JamesSeed said:

Mine to
    No it isn't
    Made me laugh out loud there mate 
  • Waiting for news from @PragueAddick
  • “It’s too quiet, nothing is happening and the takeover is off”

or

”It’s very quiet, the takeover must be close”
  • Waiting for news from @PragueAddick
    Still on hols but I too am waiting for news :-( 
  • Addickted said:
    Brie, Roquefort, Pont-l'Eveque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre-de-L'Est, Boursin, Bresse Bleu, Perle de Champagne?

C: Aah, how about Cheddar?

O: Well, we don't get much call for it around here, sir.

C: Not much ca--It's the single most popular cheese in the world!

O: Not 'round here, sir.

C: (slight pause) and what IS the most popular cheese 'round hyah?

O: 'Illchester, sir.

C: IS it.

O: Oh, yes, it's staggeringly popular in this manusquire.

C: Is it.

O: It's our number one best seller, sir!

C: I see. Uuh... 'Illchester, eh?

O: Right, sir.

C: All right. Okay. 'Have you got any?' He asked, expecting the answer 'no'.

O: I'll have a look, sir.. nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!