Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I am worried that the rat will want to spite us and just run the club into the ground rather than sell. I know it isn't possible at the moment, but is there any possibility in the future that he can sell anything for property development?
  • razil said:
    In my view RD is trying to reduce his losses to as close to zero as possible while trying to maintain Championship status, he would need to spend far more to make a punt for the Prem and I think he knows that.

I think there is little doubt his plan is to break even.
  • I am worried that the rat will want to spite us and just run the club into the ground rather than sell. I know it isn't possible at the moment, but is there any possibility in the future that he can sell anything for property development?
    People say that every year and it never happens. We’ve just paid fees for two players, I agree with Covered End, he’s just looking to break even (or get as close to it as he can).
  • I feel the hope of last month draining out of me.
    That’s my feeling too. If it was going to be done, it would have been done by now. We’ll Be heading into the new season with no leadership off the pitch and a paper thin squad on the pitch. 
  • Scoham said:
    I am worried that the rat will want to spite us and just run the club into the ground rather than sell. I know it isn't possible at the moment, but is there any possibility in the future that he can sell anything for property development?
    People say that every year and it never happens. We’ve just paid fees for two players, I agree with Covered End, he’s just looking to break even (or get as close to it as he can).
    around £296,000 in total if I'm correct, covered by the compensation received for Aribo. Wow. Thanks Roland.
  • 1886, The first Crufts dog show is held in London.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    seth plum said:
    So the job wants a graduate.
    Top salary not enough to begin to pay off the student loan.
    Twelve time the annual gross salary is what a flat in Floyd Road costs.
    A one bedroom flat in Bernard Ashley Drive rents for about £1000 a month.
    The take home pay will be, what, about £1500 per month?
    Council tax, water, gas and leccy probably comes to £100 a month
    So if you work, and don't eat or buy clothes and stuff, you can clear £400 a month to save for a deposit on your flat in Floyd Road, so that is about six years without eating or new clobber to save for a deposit whilst working like a dog and being an underling to Cojones.
    Just as well there are food banks and charity shops huh Roland?

To put this into perspective, the London Living Wage is £10.55 per hour. Grossed up for a 36 hour week, that would pay c£19800. Yet CAFC expect a graduate, who is prepared to travel up and down the country week in and week out, probably working for more than 36 hours per week for £20000 a year. In summary, Charlton are taking the piss.

ps Greenwich Council pay first year apprentices more than this 
    I always see the key responsibilities and job description as a bit of a wish list. No one can really fulfill the whole lot.
    So maybe 20k/year for watching 2/3 of away games and “Actively monitor personal performance at work, looking to consistently contribute to personal objectives and team goals and focus own activities accordingly…” might be the clincher for someone wanting to call themselves an editor/journalist.
    The salary is a bit of a piss take, but for a Charlton (or even a general football) fan soon out of Uni wanting to get into journalism (and say living at home), being paid £20k to watch and report about Charlton might be an attractive job for a couple of years until you can get something that pays better.
    Probably about all they will get really.

As has been said before anyone with a decent level of experience and who can fulfill the majority of tasks required on the job spec list will likely be able to get a better job on better pay elsewhere.

20k to work full time plus saturdays and also some midweek evenings. Piss take.
  • Chizz said:

'please also continue with that fans forum farce, it regenerates the takeover regurgitation loop fantastically - never beyond my wildest dreams did i imagine they would continue to go round and round and round discussing the same minutia of the takeover that has been so imminent for so long'   
  • Scoham said:
    I am worried that the rat will want to spite us and just run the club into the ground rather than sell. I know it isn't possible at the moment, but is there any possibility in the future that he can sell anything for property development?
    But is there any option for him to sell land such as the training ground  for develpment in the future? Or is it a complete impossibililty?
  • _MrDick said:
    seth plum said:
    So the job wants a graduate.
    Top salary not enough to begin to pay off the student loan.
    Twelve time the annual gross salary is what a flat in Floyd Road costs.
    A one bedroom flat in Bernard Ashley Drive rents for about £1000 a month.
    The take home pay will be, what, about £1500 per month?
    Council tax, water, gas and leccy probably comes to £100 a month
    So if you work, and don't eat or buy clothes and stuff, you can clear £400 a month to save for a deposit on your flat in Floyd Road, so that is about six years without eating or new clobber to save for a deposit whilst working like a dog and being an underling to Cojones.
    Just as well there are food banks and charity shops huh Roland?

To put this into perspective, the London Living Wage is £10.55 per hour. Grossed up for a 36 hour week, that would pay c£19800. Yet CAFC expect a graduate, who is prepared to travel up and down the country week in and week out, probably working for more than 36 hours per week for £20000 a year. In summary, Charlton are taking the piss.

ps Greenwich Council pay first year apprentices more than this 
    I always see the key responsibilities and job description as a bit of a wish list. No one can really fulfill the whole lot.
    So maybe 20k/year for watching 2/3 of away games and “Actively monitor personal performance at work, looking to consistently contribute to personal objectives and team goals and focus own activities accordingly…” might be the clincher for someone wanting to call themselves an editor/journalist.
    The salary is a bit of a piss take, but for a Charlton (or even a general football) fan soon out of Uni wanting to get into journalism (and say living at home), being paid £20k to watch and report about Charlton might be an attractive job for a couple of years until you can get something that pays better.
    Probably about all they will get really.

As has been said before anyone with a decent level of experience and who can fulfill the majority of tasks required on the job spec list will likely be able to get a better job on better pay elsewhere.

20k to work full time plus saturdays and also some midweek evenings. Piss take.
    Wouldn't the hours take into account matchdays (e.g. you wouldn't work 37 hours PLUS Saturday matchday?)

Don't know, just asking
  • I've been away. Has it happened yet?
  • Scoham said:
    But is there any option for him to sell land such as the training ground  for develpment in the future? Or is it a complete impossibililty?
    A change of use (something like that) would be required and RBG have indicated they are unlikely to agree to it.
  • Scoham said:
    A change of use (something like that) would be required and RBG have indicated they are unlikely to agree to it.
    Someone would also have to settle the ex directors loans.  The training ground is book valued at less than 7 million iirc. 
  • I've been away. Has it happened yet?

What do you think!?
  • Scoham said:
    around £296,000 in total if I'm correct, covered by the compensation received for Aribo. Wow. Thanks Roland.
    I’m not saying it’s a lot, I’m saying if he was trying to run the club into the ground he wouldn’t be spending anything on signings.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Someone would also have to settle the ex directors loans.  The training ground is book valued at less than 7 million iirc. 
    if charlton were provided with an alternative playing venue, the valley could be granted a change of use - that would be residential (the only viable change that i could see' - this is why we always have to have one eye on who is owning the club and why
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    RedChaser said:
    1885, The largest margin of victory in professional football, Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0.
    Bon Accord were bloody robbed!!!
    Just had to be a Scottish goalkeeper on the receiving end poor bloke. Makes half time Haffey's performance against England all those years ago pale into insignificance  ;).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/apr/16/sport.comment1
    Imagine Andrew Lornie (the Bon Accord Goalkeeper) having to endure a version of the Perry Sutcliffe song though
    Do you mean Perry Suckling or Peter Sutcliffe?
    @ForeverAddickted You live by the sword, you die by the sword  :D
  • Scoham said:

Isn't this what was proposed 10 years ago?

Sale of fixed assets with Murray selling the training ground to his own pension fund and the Hatter Foundation for £1m, Bob Whitehand picking up and a smaller part of the training ground (youth bit at the back) for £300k. With propopsed commercial rent leaseback to the club. Whitehand also picking up 1&2 Landsdowne Mews for £200k.

It was suggested by a respected financial blogger they were to pick up approx £5m of fixed assets for £1.5m.

Think the restructuring of the board a few months later put paid to some / all of this, not sure what the shareholders voted though at the initial meeting.  Reading the thread back though is interesting reading:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/25047/club-sell-off-crown-jewels/p1

• edited July 2019
    Scoham said:

Isn't this what was proposed 10 years ago?

Sale of fixed assets with Murray selling the training ground to his own pension fund and the Hatter Foundation for £1m, Bob Whitehand picking up and a smaller part of the training ground (youth bit at the back) for £300k. With propopsed commercial rent leaseback to the club. Whitehand also picking up 1&2 Landsdowne Mews for £200k.

It was suggested by a respected financial blogger they were to pick up approx £5m of fixed assets for £1.5m.

Think the restructuring of the board a few months later put paid to some / all of this, not sure what the shareholders voted though at the initial meeting.  Reading the thread back though is interesting reading:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/25047/club-sell-off-crown-jewels/p1

If the book value of Sparrows Lane is £7m then I haven't got an issue in giving the freehold to the ex-directors to clear the debt (if that's what is holding things up). Sparrows Lane is a field - The Valley is our cathedral and no way should that up for negotiation.
  • Still No Yawn from the Director (as far as i can see), so the deal is still there (i hope)
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    1885, The largest margin of victory in professional football, Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0.
    Bon Accord were bloody robbed!!!
    Just had to be a Scottish goalkeeper on the receiving end poor bloke. Makes half time Haffey's performance against England all those years ago pale into insignificance  ;).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/apr/16/sport.comment1
    Imagine Andrew Lornie (the Bon Accord Goalkeeper) having to endure a version of the Perry Sutcliffe song though
    Do you mean Perry Suckling or Peter Sutcliffe?
    @ForeverAddickted You live by the sword, you die by the sword  :D
    Its what I love about Charlton; the badge has a sword ready for me - No pissing about having to hunt one down!!
  • Well it’s now coming up to a week since the alleged deadline for Dalman ? to complete or allow this new group a short run at completing. Rumour but no confirmation that Dalman has ditched and a bland statement that he is concentrating on Cardiff but nothing of real substance. According to our own @JamesSeed the Aussies are not out but nothing about this new group as far as I can see. Has @nla posted during this last few days. He’s likely to have some idea where we currently are and given that he was confident of a change of ownership before the kick off I would like to hear from nla again.

• 1886, The first Crufts dog show is held in London.

In Barking?
  • edited July 2019
    Who expected any different? The only meaningful development would be Duchatelet announcing he is lowing the price to something reasonable - we know there are people willing to buy us at the £30-£35m mark, one potential buyer publicised it in the Standard, but the yellow toothed madman is not going to sell at that price. Dalman, deadlines, Aussies etc... are all totally irrelevant until that happens, as sadly is this thread. 
  • Gilbert, my goldfish was very chatty this morning when I dropped some feed into his tank. Not sure whether he said to
    me that “Duchelet is about to sell” or “not that fucking crap food again...I want a donor”. Anyway, he thinks it’s close.

Don’t shoot the messenger. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!