Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It’s an interesting thought from Albury Addick

https://alburyaddick.wordpress.com/2019/07/05/billionaire-roland-duchatelet/

That if Duchebag invested sufficient money  to get us to the Premier League and he’s clearly got it, wouldn’t he then be in a stronger position to get a better return for the money he’d invested and all ready spent?

Isn’t that what he is now doing ? He'd seen what LB could do if allowed to bring in players he and Gallen had identified and clearly wanted LB to stay in in the job even if he didn’t want to pay as much; and LB seems to quietly bringing in players that look like we could be aiming for the playoffs again..
    I'd so love to know if you really mean what you post.
    It's not possible to be that daft is it ?
    It’s interesting to hear what bowyer said in his 20 min interview on valley pass about our owner.
    Don’t get me wrong, I want him gone as his tenure has been shocking, but if Bowyer is happy then that’s the main thing.
    Bowyer does seem to be suggesting that there’s more than a relegation battle on his mind. 
    I get the impression he’s not ruling out a shot at the playoffs.
    I could have listened to Bowyer for an hour, not just 20mins
  • It’ll be done once we have a new programme editor in place
  • Hope they give Brandon the job. Charlton fan.
  • 1883, G.P.O. begins delivering parcels.
  • Sponsored links:

I wonder if that’s the Brandon I know that goes to quite a few away games and is a good pal of Mark B who helps out with the Ex Players Association?
     Very nice fella, if that’s who you’re referring to.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    It’ll be done once we have a new programme editor in place
    A lot of responsibility and experience required for such a small salary (considering location). 
    Agree, also strange that a good knowledge of football is only desirable.
    I wonder if that’s the Brandon I know that goes to quite a few away games and is a good pal of Mark B who helps out with the Ex Players Association?
    Brandon is the temp working in the comms team.

Been covering since George left.
  • edited July 2019
    Sort of role Id love to apply for if I was a better writer and if the wage was a lot higher
  • Jeepers. That salary is a bit of a shocker. My old company were bringing in graduates straight from uni at £35K+. For a London based role and presumably looking for someone with a bit more experience is this low, or am I out of whack?
  • Jeepers. That salary is a bit of a shocker. My old company were bringing in graduates straight from uni at £35K+. For a London based role and presumably looking for someone with a bit more experience is this low, or am I out of whack?
    I make you right.  For people who can do all that is asked of them in that advert, they'll get a lot more elsewhere.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    It’ll be done once we have a new programme editor in place
    A lot of responsibility and experience required for such a small salary (considering location). 
    Agree, also strange that a good knowledge of football is only desirable.
    That's all that has been needed for our CEO and scouting system recently.
    No - you're spot on. 20k is an insult but hardly surprising in the current climate.
  • edited July 2019
    Awful salary for that job 
    Brandon is the temp working in the comms team.

Been covering since George left.
    Ah right......and for good measure I have just spoken to Mark and he tells me his pals name is Brendan not Brandon......Doh!
  • Sponsored links:

No - you're spot on. 20k is an insult but hardly surprising in the current climate.
    If it was outside London you might have interest, balancing life, love of the job and money.  Inside London you would have to live with your parents or partner earning good money to even think about it. 
  • bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    Anyone know who Cawley supports  ;)
    Don't believe I do - please enlighten me when you find out.
    Dublin I think
    No that's Blackpool72 on here. :smile:

• Dave2l said:
    If about 10 extra pages get added along with 700 new comments....on a daily basis.

Surely when something does actually happen and the club is genuinely actually close to being sold.

You are looking at a potential of 600k comments in the space of 2minutes.

I think the comments might even dive into the millions.

It will be a thread implosion 
    No chance ..... someone will straight away start the "We've been SOLD" thread.
    It'll be a sticky. That's where people will post. 

And sadly, poor Henry's chance of CL immortality will be scuppered. 

I say give the job to you. 

• It’s an interesting thought from Albury Addick

That if Duchebag invested sufficient money  to get us to the Premier League and he’s clearly got it, wouldn’t he then be in a stronger position to get a better return for the money he’d invested and all ready spent?
    Let's see... we had turnover of about £7M last year. We lost about £10M in operating losses, excluding sales of players, which we would not be able to do if the goal is to spend to get promoted to the PL. We are limited to an average loss, which includes amortized transfer payments, of £13M per season (already at £10M) and according to Airman, we will make an extra £6M this year in the Championship. Add it all together and we have MAX extra money to spend of £9M annually to stay within FFP limits. So if we shoot our wad, spend all of that this season, our total wage bill would close to double from £10M to £19M.

£19M would have ranked in the bottom 25% of wage bills of the Championship last year and the year before. And that is with us maxing out and unable to spend a single pound more on players... permanently. Unless we find new ways to raise revenue. More expensive season tickets and attendances of 22,000 per season would do the trick. So would better sponsorships. But give the median wage bill in The Championship is £30M, I don't see how we can close that gap very easily. Teams with higher wage bills tend to get promoted and those with lower wage bills tend to get relegated. It will be very hard for us to ever have an even average wage bill in this division, especially with 1/3 of all teams in it now getting parachute payments from the PL.

Roland can't just "spend money" to get us to the PL due to FFP rule changes. Brighton lost £250M to get there under their owner. Leicester lost £200M. Wolves lost £75M in 24 months. Bournemouth lost £100M+. Watford £150M+. At least 8 clubs will breech FFP rules by the next accounts in failed attempts to do so. Making the PL is a lot harder than it use to be. The rules don't allow owners to "go for it" the way they use to just five seasons ago. And it is likely that even if Roland spent illegally £100-200M over 3-4 seasons to get us there (no guarantee), the value of the club in the PL (£200-250M) would not likely provide him a break-even on that investment if you add it to the losses he already has on the books.

I do NOT want Roland to "go for it." I think it would be a disaster for CAFC, long term. I just want him to be willing to spend the new £6M he will get THIS season on wages and transfers and paying our current staff properly (including back room staff), rather than pocketing it. If he paid Aribo the £1M per year he is worth to keep him, paid Bauer the £350k he is worth to keep him, gave £3M to Bowyer to get Cullen in plus another couple role players, I would be very, very satisfied. Just spend what he is being given! That's good enough for me.

Honestly, I am not sure I even WANT to make the PL. Winning 50% of our matches in The Championship and being in the upper-half of the table seems like a good deal to me  compared to being Palace or other relegation fodder in the PL with their 15-30% win rates year after year after year.
    If run like Burnley and Watford, one relegation season in the premier league changes a football club beyond recognition.
    It did for us as well..... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    stonemuse said:
    It’s an interesting thought from Albury Addick

Logically yes ... but he’s far from logical 
    Is it logical?  Sounds like a gambler chasing his losses to me.  Replying to some posts after yours, as well, but how much is enough?

Look at the Villa and Derby squads that were named for the play off final.  How many of our current players would get on the bench, hand on heart? 

If we signed 5 players for an average of £7 million each, 5 players on frees plus 5 loans.  All on an average of £20k a week.  That's a £50 million pound investment, for this season.  Would it keep us up?  Probably.  Would it get us promoted?  Maybe but would you risk £50 million on it?  If you don't go up do you put another £50 in or cut your losses?  If he did that and we didn't go up the value of the club wouldn't increase by £50 million so that money is gone for ever. 
    So you believe Roland’s approach is logical then? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!