Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• They have applied for planning permission to improve Selhurst.

Insert bomb/earthquake joke here
  • JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    1879, Battle of Rorke's Drift, Michael Caine's finest hour.
    Interesting point about Gonville Bromhead. (The character played by Michael Caine.) The only reason his platoon was left at Rourke's Drift (or KwaJimu as the Zulus called it) was that Bromhead was practically deaf. It wasn't considered that sensible that an officer of the line be involved in battle using an ear trumpet...
    How many in the Aussie consortium?

Thousands of 'em
    How many in the Barcelona consortium? 140,000.

The FC Barcelona is one of the few clubs in the world to be owned by the club members themselves. Together these members form the governing body of the club and in 2016 there were an estimated 140,000 members.
    WHOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH....

Zulu reference Mr Seed.
  • They have applied for planning permission to improve Selhurst.

Which they are still no closer to getting. Unlike us they have three major issues which are preventing the PP from being granted.
  • Addickted said:
    They have applied for planning permission to improve Selhurst.

Which they are still no closer to getting. Unlike us they have three major issues which are preventing the PP from being granted.
    What are they @Addickted?

• Addickted said:

I think they want to try and start playing football there.
  • Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    Interesting point about Gonville Bromhead. (The character played by Michael Caine.) The only reason his platoon was left at Rourke's Drift (or KwaJimu as the Zulus called it) was that Bromhead was practically deaf. It wasn't considered that sensible that an officer of the line be involved in battle using an ear trumpet...

Thousands of 'em

The FC Barcelona is one of the few clubs in the world to be owned by the club members themselves. Together these members form the governing body of the club and in 2016 there were an estimated 140,000 members.
    WHOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH....

Zulu reference Mr Seed.
    Hmm.
    Perhaps surprisingly I wasn't really following the Zulu thread within a thread. I'm on the straight and narrow, me.
  • edited July 2019
    Even the poor old Lee Bowyer stand will have to meet its maker;
    Image result for stadium demolition gif
  • Addickted said:

I think the main obstacle will be the Olympic sized swimming pool they want under the main stand for all the would be Zahas in their academy to practice their diving.
  • I have the feeling when we geet to page 2020 and beyond before we have reached that year or 2021 and whatnot HappyValley won't have anything to put on this page anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I've believed all along that the Aussies don't have the cash.
    Muir could obviously afford to buy Charlton on his own but he has stated he only wants to invest a small amount. 
    Without Muir putting up a substantial amount the rest of the consortium just don't have the fund.
    All the Aussies are achieving I'm my opinion is confusing the whole situation. 
    I would rather they walk and let someone else have a go at buying us.
    The Aussies didn’t stop Dalman buying the club. He still might. 
    Good I hope he does.
    Because the Aussies certainly won't. 
    Feel free to correct me if they do.
    I don’t need to correct you Mr Dublin, I agree with you to the extent that I think they’re only about 25% likely to buy the club. 
    Mr.Dublin ?
    Dublin  (‘Dubh linn’) = Black pool

I think Dubh is pronounced with a ‘v’, and sounds rather beautiful and romantic, whereas Blackpool just sounds a bid ordinary. 

In Cornish language: Poldhu 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/poldhu-cove

Just for your information Mr Blackpool, Mr Dubhlinn, Mr Poldhu.

:smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I've believed all along that the Aussies don't have the cash.
    Muir could obviously afford to buy Charlton on his own but he has stated he only wants to invest a small amount. 
    Without Muir putting up a substantial amount the rest of the consortium just don't have the fund.
    All the Aussies are achieving I'm my opinion is confusing the whole situation. 
    I would rather they walk and let someone else have a go at buying us.
    The Aussies didn’t stop Dalman buying the club. He still might. 
    Good I hope he does.
    Because the Aussies certainly won't. 
    Feel free to correct me if they do.
    I don’t need to correct you Mr Dublin, I agree with you to the extent that I think they’re only about 25% likely to buy the club. 
    Mr.Dublin ?
    Dublin  (‘Dubh linn’) = Black pool

I think Dubh is pronounced with a ‘v’, and sounds rather beautiful and romantic, whereas Blackpool just sounds a bid ordinary. 

In Cornish language: Poldhu 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/poldhu-cove

Just for your information Mr Blackpool, Mr Dubhlinn, Mr Poldhu.

:smile:

In all honesty I've been called much worse. 
  • 1881, The Natural History Museum opens in London.
  • What they want passed on
  • Scoham said:
    Surely a proper charlton fan would want their ashes scattered at the Valley...#justsaying
    He's a Fulham fan.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:

Thousands of 'em

They'd only have to put in £300 each to buy us. 
    Adults pay €180 every year just to be a Barcelona club member and that's before they buy their season ticket.
  • Addickted said:

What division are they in again?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:

Thousands of 'em

They'd only have to put in £300 each to buy us. 
    Adults pay €180 every year just to be a Barcelona club member and that's before they buy their season ticket.
    Bargain. And I expect the season ticket is cheap?
  • Scoham said:
    Surely a proper charlton fan would want their ashes scattered at the Valley...#justsaying
    Cawley is a Fulham fan.
  • Scoham said:
    I think the worry here is that he might be scattered before dying!
  • Anyone know who Cawley supports  ;)
  • edited July 2019
    Fulham. I think. 
    I could be wrong, despite all the evidence. Happens to me all the time on CL. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Anyone know who Cawley supports  ;)
    Don't believe I do - please enlighten me when you find out.
  • bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dublin I think
  • bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dublin I think
    Cheers, Henners.
  • Redskin said:
    Addickted said:

What division are they in again?

4 division's higher than they should be
  • You got to admire them really. Good effort for a little club from Surrey 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!