Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    1879, Battle of Rorke's Drift, Michael Caine's finest hour.
    Interesting point about Gonville Bromhead. (The character played by Michael Caine.) The only reason his platoon was left at Rourke's Drift (or KwaJimu as the Zulus called it) was that Bromhead was practically deaf. It wasn't considered that sensible that an officer of the line be involved in battle using an ear trumpet...
    How many in the Aussie consortium?

Thousands of 'em
    How many in the Barcelona consortium? 140,000.

The FC Barcelona is one of the few clubs in the world to be owned by the club members themselves. Together these members form the governing body of the club and in 2016 there were an estimated 140,000 members.
    They'd only have to put in £300 each to buy us. 
    Adults pay €180 every year just to be a Barcelona club member and that's before they buy their season ticket.
    Confirmation; the Spanish consortium ain't got the dough.  They should walk away and stop wasting everybody's time. I bet they haven't even lodged their paperwork with the EFL yet. 
  • Addickted said:
    1879, Battle of Rorke's Drift, Michael Caine's finest hour.
    Interesting point about Gonville Bromhead. (The character played by Michael Caine.) The only reason his platoon was left at Rourke's Drift (or KwaJimu as the Zulus called it) was that Bromhead was practically deaf. It wasn't considered that sensible that an officer of the line be involved in battle using an ear trumpet...
    How many in the Aussie consortium?

Thousands of 'em
    Never a truer word said in jest.

• There's a certain club in Surrey who after the ex tango man had financial problems had 4 business men arrive and buy the club.
    Steve Parrish was one and the other 3 were fans who have such a low profile that a Palace pal of mine (manager of a bookies) said most fans don't know their names.

This gave stability to a club that had financial problems under both the flamboyant Simon Jordan( used to be shite now he's alright) and Mark Goldberg.

The Americans Harris and Blitzer then got involved and each own 18% as does the chairman Steve Parish. The 3 low profile fans Gosling, Browett and Long own 12% between them.

This is 66% the rest may be a company from Delaware who haven't named anyone.
    This was the state of play a year ago, but I know Harris is a restless character who wanted to move Palace away from run down Thornton Heath to Guildford or somewhere else even nearer to their fan base and their true rivals Brighton. Don't think that Susanna Reid's (lucky bastard) ex lover agreed.

It pains me to say this but you have to look at clubs that are in the Premier and how they manage to run their side. Steve Parrish is a smooth operator ( maybe too smooth) but boy do we need someone with Charlton in their heart and passion now to steer Cafc through these choppy waters.
    Foreign investors with a Charlton type Parrish with a 20% investment would at least give as a fighting chance.

This is death by a thousand cuts under Duchatelet.

Parrish needs to have a word with the Belgian idiot.

A chairman who would transform us.

• Cawley is Crawley I believe .
  • If about 10 extra pages get added along with 700 new comments....on a daily basis.

Surely when something does actually happen and the club is genuinely actually close to being sold.

You are looking at a potential of 600k comments in the space of 2minutes.

I think the comments might even dive into the millions.

It will be a thread implosion 
  • Dave2l said:
    If about 10 extra pages get added along with 700 new comments....on a daily basis.

Surely when something does actually happen and the club is genuinely actually close to being sold.

Dave2l said:
    If about 10 extra pages get added along with 700 new comments....on a daily basis.

Great stuff
  • RedChaser said:
    Anyone know who Cawley supports  ;)
    Yup the same number of people who have made the "what will @happyvalley post on page 2020"joke 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Yup the same number of people who have made the "what will @happyvalley post on page 2020"joke 
    Why what's happening in 2020? Do enlighten me  ;).
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    Don't believe I do - please enlighten me when you find out.
    Dublin I think
    No, it's Blackpool.
  • edited July 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Why what's happening in 2020? Do enlighten me  ;).
    The Aussies will still not have the money to complete a deal 
    Got any lottery numbers for tonight mate  ;).
  • I have the feeling when we geet to page 2020 and beyond before we have reached that year or 2021 and whatnot HappyValley won't have anything to put on this page anymore.
    Thank you. Five to go. 
  • 1882, lager is brewed in The U.K. for the first time at Wrexham.
    Seriously?
    Christ & Robinson’s beer is really shite, you’d think they’d have it sussed by now. 
  • iainment said:
    bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    Don't believe I do - please enlighten me when you find out.
    Dublin I think
    No, it's Blackpool.
    No, it's Dublin.
  • edited July 2019
    Have just seen a clip on youtube of Dave Gahan/Depeche Mode.

One of their better numbers was "Leave in Silence".
  • Imagine if happyvalley just carries on posting after page 2020 and it all slowly comes true year after year. Like an episode of Twilight Zone, but much scarier because Roland's in it
  • Who’s the Brighton fan? I want to shake his hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    They have applied for planning permission to improve Selhurst.

Insert bomb/earthquake joke here
    Which they are still no closer to getting. Unlike us they have three major issues which are preventing the PP from being granted.
    What are they @Addickted?

They still have to re-house 5 of the 6 families in Wooderson Close, get permission for six 4-bedroom houses somewhere else in the Borough (and build them). They are struggling to do this as they are competing in a market which includes the largest residential developer in Croydon - who happens to be a Brighton fan and is deliberately over bidding to screw them. 

They need to deal with and compensate the foreign (private freehold) owner of the one of the houses who they have been unable to contact and finally they are required to satisfy all sorts of pre-commencement planning conditions, including Section 106 with Croydon Council. None of which they have achieved since the initial PP went in.

On top of that, our beloved mayor of London has so far turned donw the three proposals they've made for re developng the main stand.

Oh, and they still have failed to come to any agreement with regard to Sainsburys in relation to their car park and access for the new main stand construction.

Their redevelopmentof the main stand is not going to happen within the next five years of that I'm certain.

Apart from all that it's going well then? :-)
  • Before the very popular Antiques Roadshow Became a national treasure, there was another similar show of that ilk. 

Instead of Roland Helmet Douchebag Shitweasel Duchatelet going on Talksport with his buddy sunny Jim, I suggest that he goes on this program with his financial advisor to get the Sale of Charlton done and dusted ?

Going for a Song.
  • Wow, all this Aussie bashing. Astonishing!

Roland is the problem, as Dalman and every other bid is finding.
    It's not "Aussie bashing", and what I find astonishing is people not wanting to discuss the pros end cons of any potential  new owner, but just being content on the present one going. Especialy after the last two..
    We can discuss pros and cons of potential owners for eternity but we as fans have no say in who buys the club and only limited say in how a club is run. Bring on the Bundesliga model where the clubs members still hold a majority of voting rights.

As an occasional reader on this forum, the outsider impression is there's a contingent who consistently bash the Aussie bid with sweeping statements based on no evidence what so ever, or taking the word of Roland and his lackies as gospel.
    Is there? 
    Er. yeah.
    Sorry mate, completely missed them. I know there was someone post a oneliner on this thread a couple of days ago about RD now going in the right direction 're. Bowyer and a couple of singing, or something,  but other than that I get the feeling that the dislike and distrust in RD and everyone associated with him was pretty much 100%
    Sorry mate, you've must've misread what I wrote. I said there's a contingent who believe the spin Roland and lackies say is true, especially when it suits their unfounded argument. I said nothing about anyone believing RD is going in right direction.
    Sorry mate, I know what you meant, but my point was that the only thing I've seen on here regarding anything remotely to do with painting RD in a good light, whether it's believing what him or his lackies say, or commenting on them taking the club in the right direction etc etc, was the post I mentioned from a couple of days ago, and I definitely don't think there's a contingent of people who believe them. After every statement, radio interview, or fan's forum, they seem to be getting pelters from all angles and picked apart within hours. 
    Blimey, still mis-reading my post. Well I tried.

Here's one example. The Cloob has said the Aussie's just need to submit paperwork with the EFL. Some people believe that, some don't (some believe the EFL, some don't).

I don't trust what this regime says.
    I don't think I misread it at all. You said the Aussie bashing is astonishing - I said that, in my opinion, people are just asking question and perfectly in their right to do do.

Then you said that there's a contingent on here who still believe the spin that RD and his lackies come out with and I said that I don't believe there is. 
    We will have to agree to disagree. I saw a few people quote the papers with the EFL line just a few pages ago. Perhaps you didn't see them.
    In what context?
    The context where it was used to have a go at the Aussies.

It’s the weekend mate, don’t fret about it. 

We agree to disagree, let it go.
    Yeah, you're right mate. Give that one to me then.

What goes down in South Lincolnshire on a weekend then?
    Er, you mean to me, Obviously more going on than sitting in mis-reading other people’s posts.
    "It’s the weekend mate, don’t fret about it."

Have you got a snorkel then, or do you use a bit of fen reed like James Pond?
    Aw bless you, got to make fun of where people live.

Very mature!

It's not "Aussie bashing", and what I find astonishing is people not wanting to discuss the pros end cons of any potential  new owner, but just being content on the present one going. Especialy after the last two..
    We can discuss pros and cons of potential owners for eternity but we as fans have no say in who buys the club and only limited say in how a club is run. Bring on the Bundesliga model where the clubs members still hold a majority of voting rights.

As an occasional reader on this forum, the outsider impression is there's a contingent who consistently bash the Aussie bid with sweeping statements based on no evidence what so ever, or taking the word of Roland and his lackies as gospel.
    Is there? 
    Er. yeah.
    Sorry mate, completely missed them. I know there was someone post a oneliner on this thread a couple of days ago about RD now going in the right direction 're. Bowyer and a couple of singing, or something,  but other than that I get the feeling that the dislike and distrust in RD and everyone associated with him was pretty much 100%
    Sorry mate, you've must've misread what I wrote. I said there's a contingent who believe the spin Roland and lackies say is true, especially when it suits their unfounded argument. I said nothing about anyone believing RD is going in right direction.
    Sorry mate, I know what you meant, but my point was that the only thing I've seen on here regarding anything remotely to do with painting RD in a good light, whether it's believing what him or his lackies say, or commenting on them taking the club in the right direction etc etc, was the post I mentioned from a couple of days ago, and I definitely don't think there's a contingent of people who believe them. After every statement, radio interview, or fan's forum, they seem to be getting pelters from all angles and picked apart within hours. 

Here's one example. The Cloob has said the Aussie's just need to submit paperwork with the EFL. Some people believe that, some don't (some believe the EFL, some don't).

I don't think I misread it at all. You said the Aussie bashing is astonishing - I said that, in my opinion, people are just asking question and perfectly in their right to do do.

Then you said that there's a contingent on here who still believe the spin that RD and his lackies come out with and I said that I don't believe there is. 
    We will have to agree to disagree. I saw a few people quote the papers with the EFL line just a few pages ago. Perhaps you didn't see them.
    In what context?

Er, you mean to me, Obviously more going on than sitting in mis-reading other people’s posts.

Very mature!
    i_b_b_o_r_g wrote may have left his post open to interpretation.

On a second read I now realise it's a bit of fun and you need to chill out @SouthLincsAddick

Is there? 
    Er. yeah.

In what context?

Very mature!
    You started with the sarcasm tbh, after I asked a simple question, but nothing wrong with a bit of banter is there?
  • edited July 2019
    It’s an interesting thought from Albury Addick

https://alburyaddick.wordpress.com/2019/07/05/billionaire-roland-duchatelet/

That if Duchebag invested sufficient money  to get us to the Premier League and he’s clearly got it, wouldn’t he then be in a stronger position to get a better return for the money he’d invested and all ready spent?
  • It’s an interesting thought from Albury Addick

https://alburyaddick.wordpress.com/2019/07/05/billionaire-roland-duchatelet/

That if Duchebag invested sufficient money  to get us to the Premier League and he’s clearly got it, wouldn’t he then be in a stronger position to get a better return for the money he’d invested and all ready spent?
    Logically yes ... but he’s far from logical 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!