Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Wow, all this Aussie bashing. Astonishing!

Roland is the problem, as Dalman and every other bid is finding.
    It's not "Aussie bashing", and what I find astonishing is people not wanting to discuss the pros end cons of any potential  new owner, but just being content on the present one going. Especialy after the last two..
    We can discuss pros and cons of potential owners for eternity but we as fans have no say in who buys the club and only limited say in how a club is run. Bring on the Bundesliga model where the clubs members still hold a majority of voting rights.

As an occasional reader on this forum, the outsider impression is there's a contingent who consistently bash the Aussie bid with sweeping statements based on no evidence what so ever, or taking the word of Roland and his lackies as gospel.
    Is there? 
    Er. yeah.
    Sorry mate, completely missed them. I know there was someone post a oneliner on this thread a couple of days ago about RD now going in the right direction 're. Bowyer and a couple of singing, or something,  but other than that I get the feeling that the dislike and distrust in RD and everyone associated with him was pretty much 100%
    Sorry mate, you've must've misread what I wrote. I said there's a contingent who believe the spin Roland and lackies say is true, especially when it suits their unfounded argument. I said nothing about anyone believing RD is going in right direction.
    Sorry mate, I know what you meant, but my point was that the only thing I've seen on here regarding anything remotely to do with painting RD in a good light, whether it's believing what him or his lackies say, or commenting on them taking the club in the right direction etc etc, was the post I mentioned from a couple of days ago, and I definitely don't think there's a contingent of people who believe them. After every statement, radio interview, or fan's forum, they seem to be getting pelters from all angles and picked apart within hours. 
    Blimey, still mis-reading my post. Well I tried.

Here's one example. The Cloob has said the Aussie's just need to submit paperwork with the EFL. Some people believe that, some don't (some believe the EFL, some don't).

I don't trust what this regime says.
    I don't think I misread it at all. You said the Aussie bashing is astonishing - I said that, in my opinion, people are just asking question and perfectly in their right to do do.

Then you said that there's a contingent on here who still believe the spin that RD and his lackies come out with and I said that I don't believe there is. 
    We will have to agree to disagree. I saw a few people quote the papers with the EFL line just a few pages ago. Perhaps you didn't see them.
    In what context?
    The context where it was used to have a go at the Aussies.

It’s the weekend mate, don’t fret about it. 

We agree to disagree, let it go.
    Yeah, you're right mate. Give that one to me then.

What goes down in South Lincolnshire on a weekend then?
  • Blackpool 72 , you are a legend . Don't ever change sir .
    Do me best mate  
    He's too old to change.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Redhenry said:
    DOUCHER said:
    have never named any of my sources  
    I thought it was Bexley Boy from the other site.... :smiley:
    don't get cocky sonny - you've scooped one transfer recently but i'll be back - once i'm back on dry land i'll be back bigger and better than ever - rifling off transfer scoops like an automatic machine gun - my vast network of sources are having some well earned down time ready for a big month. As for the takeover - where's all the rich arabs when u actually need them eh?... 
    since when has Turkey not been dry land? 😜

• Although the likes of @eaststandmike and me may go the other way!

Come on you Reds!
  • edited July 2019
    X
  • X
    See what you did there

• Although the likes of @eaststandmike and me may go the other way!

Come on you Reds!
    You hitting on me Elf’s  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• 1879, Battle of Rorke's Drift, Michael Caine's finest hour.
    Interesting point about Gonville Bromhead. (The character played by Michael Caine.) The only reason his platoon was left at Rourke's Drift (or KwaJimu as the Zulus called it) was that Bromhead was practically deaf. It wasn't considered that sensible that an officer of the line be involved in battle using an ear trumpet...
  • edited July 2019

Although the likes of @eaststandmike and me may go the other way!

Come on you Reds!
    You hitting on me Elf’s  ;)
    Belinda Carlisle number.

Definitely not, that expression says you're too old for me.

• I know I have been drinking Buds and Baileys am I being too optimistic in thinking Aussies can'tvraise the cash. Roland wants out and Mehmet Dalman is in deep negotiations with Rowland i that they will strike a deal. Both of them hard negotiators. Surely Roland knows this is the only way to get out. I am clinging on hope. Mehmet has not ruled himsekf out. Was is the betting that Dalman has increased his offer? Don't forget £30 mil was a starting bid. I would imagine someoneike him saying "come on roland £40 million and i will take the club of your hands". Youbknow it makes sense. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    The bloke says none of the Aussies involved has enough money to buy the club. If Muir is involved then that's obviously wrong and casts doubt on the rest of his post. 
    Not really as Muir has stated he only wants to put in about 10 % of the money.
    Unless he changes his mind the rest don't have the money. 
    Right, but what he says is:

The investment model is multiple shareholders, of which non are independently wealthy enough to purchase the club.

That is clearly not the case. 

I think he’s mixing it up with the post sale model. 
    You may think that, many people don't.

And a good afternoon to you too Stu!

How many people do you reckon, when Muir is part of the consortium, and he’s apparently richer than Roland?
    The ‘post sale strategy’ is multiple investors ‘none of whom are rich enough to buy the club on their own’. I’m pretty sure that is what he’s confusing it with. But if I’m wrong, I’m wrong. 👍
    It's irrelevant how much money he has, how much money is he willing to invest? Clearly not enough to buy the club outright otherwise losing investors wouldn't have mattered before. 

Not that I blame him, I can't see why anyone would want to blow their money on the Madness that is English football.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    The bloke says none of the Aussies involved has enough money to buy the club. If Muir is involved then that's obviously wrong and casts doubt on the rest of his post. 

The investment model is multiple shareholders, of which non are independently wealthy enough to purchase the club.

How many people do you reckon, when Muir is part of the consortium, and he’s apparently richer than Roland?
    The ‘post sale strategy’ is multiple investors ‘none of whom are rich enough to buy the club on their own’. I’m pretty sure that is what he’s confusing it with. But if I’m wrong, I’m wrong. 👍
    It's irrelevant how much money he has, how much money is he willing to invest? Clearly not enough to buy the club outright otherwise losing investors wouldn't have mattered before. 

Not that I blame him, I can't see why anyone would want to blow their money on the Madness that is English football.
    There we are in total agreement 👍👍
  • Another question been answered

It's not "Aussie bashing", and what I find astonishing is people not wanting to discuss the pros end cons of any potential  new owner, but just being content on the present one going. Especialy after the last two..
    We can discuss pros and cons of potential owners for eternity but we as fans have no say in who buys the club and only limited say in how a club is run. Bring on the Bundesliga model where the clubs members still hold a majority of voting rights.

As an occasional reader on this forum, the outsider impression is there's a contingent who consistently bash the Aussie bid with sweeping statements based on no evidence what so ever, or taking the word of Roland and his lackies as gospel.
    Is there? 
    Er. yeah.
    Sorry mate, completely missed them. I know there was someone post a oneliner on this thread a couple of days ago about RD now going in the right direction 're. Bowyer and a couple of singing, or something,  but other than that I get the feeling that the dislike and distrust in RD and everyone associated with him was pretty much 100%
    Sorry mate, you've must've misread what I wrote. I said there's a contingent who believe the spin Roland and lackies say is true, especially when it suits their unfounded argument. I said nothing about anyone believing RD is going in right direction.
    Sorry mate, I know what you meant, but my point was that the only thing I've seen on here regarding anything remotely to do with painting RD in a good light, whether it's believing what him or his lackies say, or commenting on them taking the club in the right direction etc etc, was the post I mentioned from a couple of days ago, and I definitely don't think there's a contingent of people who believe them. After every statement, radio interview, or fan's forum, they seem to be getting pelters from all angles and picked apart within hours. 

Here's one example. The Cloob has said the Aussie's just need to submit paperwork with the EFL. Some people believe that, some don't (some believe the EFL, some don't).

I don't think I misread it at all. You said the Aussie bashing is astonishing - I said that, in my opinion, people are just asking question and perfectly in their right to do do.

Then you said that there's a contingent on here who still believe the spin that RD and his lackies come out with and I said that I don't believe there is. 
    We will have to agree to disagree. I saw a few people quote the papers with the EFL line just a few pages ago. Perhaps you didn't see them.
    In what context?

It's famous for its fenland bog snorkelling,  in fact I believe that its compulsory for a yellowbelly for at least 3 hours a week.
  • 1879, Battle of Rorke's Drift, Michael Caine's finest hour.
    Interesting point about Gonville Bromhead. (The character played by Michael Caine.) The only reason his platoon was left at Rourke's Drift (or KwaJimu as the Zulus called it) was that Bromhead was practically deaf. It wasn't considered that sensible that an officer of the line be involved in battle using an ear trumpet...
    How many in the Aussie consortium?

Thousands of 'em

Is there? 
    Er. yeah.

In what context?

Er, you mean to me, Obviously more going on than sitting in mis-reading other people’s posts.
  • Sponsored links:

Is there? 
    Er. yeah.

In what context?

Er, you mean to me, Obviously more going on than sitting in mis-reading other people’s posts.
    "It’s the weekend mate, don’t fret about it."

Have you got a snorkel then, or do you use a bit of fen reed like James Pond?
  • There's a certain club in Surrey who after the ex tango man had financial problems had 4 business men arrive and buy the club.
    Steve Parrish was one and the other 3 were fans who have such a low profile that a Palace pal of mine (manager of a bookies) said most fans don't know their names.

This gave stability to a club that had financial problems under both the flamboyant Simon Jordan( used to be shite now he's alright) and Mark Goldberg.

The Americans Harris and Blitzer then got involved and each own 18% as does the chairman Steve Parish. The 3 low profile fans Gosling, Browett and Long own 12% between them.

This is 66% the rest may be a company from Delaware who haven't named anyone.
    This was the state of play a year ago, but I know Harris is a restless character who wanted to move Palace away from run down Thornton Heath to Guildford or somewhere else even nearer to their fan base and their true rivals Brighton. Don't think that Susanna Reid's (lucky bastard) ex lover agreed.

It pains me to say this but you have to look at clubs that are in the Premier and how they manage to run their side. Steve Parrish is a smooth operator ( maybe too smooth) but boy do we need someone with Charlton in their heart and passion now to steer Cafc through these choppy waters.
    Foreign investors with a Charlton type Parrish with a 20% investment would at least give as a fighting chance.

This is death by a thousand cuts under Duchatelet.

Having watched Charlton Women play at Selhurst Park last season, I have to say that I'm amazed that the ground has a safety certificate. Big money needs to be invested there and recent owners don't seem to have it.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Redhenry said:
    DOUCHER said:
    have never named any of my sources  
    I thought it was Bexley Boy from the other site.... :smiley:
    don't get cocky sonny - you've scooped one transfer recently but i'll be back - once i'm back on dry land i'll be back bigger and better than ever - rifling off transfer scoops like an automatic machine gun - my vast network of sources are having some well earned down time ready for a big month. As for the takeover - where's all the rich arabs when u actually need them eh?... 
    since when has Turkey not been dry land? 😜
    as afka said - when your floating around in the pool
  • JamesSeed said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:

From what i had heard, the problem was always around the lack of evidence / belief that they had the finances to run the club - how that fits with our current owner not giving 2 shits about us / the club i don't know so maybe it was bollox. In my opinion, Dalman is our big hope and if i had to put my house on one scenario it would be this - rd will own the club at the start of the season. If it goes well on the pitch, he will probably still own it at the end of the season. At some point there will be a blip / inability to keep over achieving with the budget. That will be when the takeover happens in my opinion (based on no further information since it was confirmed to me that Dalman was definitely in for the club)   
  • JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    1879, Battle of Rorke's Drift, Michael Caine's finest hour.
    How many in the Aussie consortium?

Thousands of 'em
    How many in the Barcelona consortium? 140,000.

The FC Barcelona is one of the few clubs in the world to be owned by the club members themselves. Together these members form the governing body of the club and in 2016 there were an estimated 140,000 members.
    They'd only have to put in £300 each to buy us. 
  • edited July 2019
    Crusty54 said:
    There's a certain club in Surrey who after the ex tango man had financial problems had 4 business men arrive and buy the club.
    Steve Parrish was one and the other 3 were fans who have such a low profile that a Palace pal of mine (manager of a bookies) said most fans don't know their names.

This gave stability to a club that had financial problems under both the flamboyant Simon Jordan( used to be shite now he's alright) and Mark Goldberg.

The Americans Harris and Blitzer then got involved and each own 18% as does the chairman Steve Parish. The 3 low profile fans Gosling, Browett and Long own 12% between them.

This is 66% the rest may be a company from Delaware who haven't named anyone.
    This was the state of play a year ago, but I know Harris is a restless character who wanted to move Palace away from run down Thornton Heath to Guildford or somewhere else even nearer to their fan base and their true rivals Brighton. Don't think that Susanna Reid's (lucky bastard) ex lover agreed.

It pains me to say this but you have to look at clubs that are in the Premier and how they manage to run their side. Steve Parrish is a smooth operator ( maybe too smooth) but boy do we need someone with Charlton in their heart and passion now to steer Cafc through these choppy waters.
    Foreign investors with a Charlton type Parrish with a 20% investment would at least give as a fighting chance.

This is death by a thousand cuts under Duchatelet.

Having watched Charlton Women play at Selhurst Park last season, I have to say that I'm amazed that the ground has a safety certificate. Big money needs to be invested there and recent owners don't seem to have it.
    I was at that Cafc women's game as well and thought that it was a mediocre Championship ground. when grounds are nearly empty you can see what a stadium looks like. Think of your middle age partner without make up. I'm not sexist so that is to both male and females on CL ! 
    Disagree that the American owners don't have the money but they have spent it on players wages and transfer fees and not on the ground up to now. I'm wondering if the very wealthy Delaware North catering company who have the contract to Wembley, the Olympic stadium and most of the American football club stadiums are involved at all with the secret 34 % at Palace ? (as the company are based in Delaware)

Not sure why they would be unless they have seen the size of some of the Palace fans ? They eat more than 14 chips.

• Weren’t Palace looming to relocate? Would explain lack of investment in shitehurst toilet park
  • edited July 2019
    razil said:
    Weren’t Palace looming to relocate? Would explain lack of investment in shitehurst toilet park
    Looking as well mate :smile:.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!