Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    stonemuse said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    stonemuse said:
    It’s an interesting thought from Albury Addick

https://alburyaddick.wordpress.com/2019/07/05/billionaire-roland-duchatelet/

That if Duchebag invested sufficient money  to get us to the Premier League and he’s clearly got it, wouldn’t he then be in a stronger position to get a better return for the money he’d invested and all ready spent?
    Logically yes ... but he’s far from logical 
    Is it logical?  Sounds like a gambler chasing his losses to me.  Replying to some posts after yours, as well, but how much is enough?

Look at the Villa and Derby squads that were named for the play off final.  How many of our current players would get on the bench, hand on heart? 

If we signed 5 players for an average of £7 million each, 5 players on frees plus 5 loans.  All on an average of £20k a week.  That's a £50 million pound investment, for this season.  Would it keep us up?  Probably.  Would it get us promoted?  Maybe but would you risk £50 million on it?  If you don't go up do you put another £50 in or cut your losses?  If he did that and we didn't go up the value of the club wouldn't increase by £50 million so that money is gone for ever. 
    So you believe Roland’s approach is logical then? 
    No, believing one approach to be illogical does not imply all other approaches to be logical does it? 
    Tell Roland that ;-)
  • cafcwill said:
    Roland's personal Banksy has been at it again it seems
    Looking at that picture, the paint is still wet and there are weeds which suggests to me that's somewhere in Eltham .. 
  • https://www.flickr.com/photos/53654579@N00/

Joseph Duchatelet’s Flickr account. Bottom right photo the man and woman both look like Roland.
  • Judging from the brickwork, I'd say it was somewhere in Belgium.
    You must be a mason with knowledge like that. 
    You must be a mason with knowledge like that. 

In that case, can @Isaw go to Belgium, give Roland a funny handshake, and persuade him to sell CAFC?
  • 1885, The largest margin of victory in professional football, Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0.
  • 1885, The largest margin of victory in professional football, Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0.
    Bon Accord were bloody robbed!!!
  • Sponsored links:

Wasn't it actual the cricket team?  Iirc they were sent the invitation for the sfa Cup by mistake and when anyone realised it was to late. 
  • edited July 2019
    1885, The largest margin of victory in professional football, Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0.
    Just had to be a Scottish goalkeeper on the receiving end poor bloke. Makes half time Haffey's performance against England all those years ago pale into insignificance  ;).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/apr/16/sport.comment1

On the same day one of the Dundee teams also broke the scoring record, but by a slightly smaller margin. However, they got to the records office slightly later than Arbroath, and so their record score didn't register, simply because Arbroath were in front of them in the queue.
  • RedChaser said:
    1885, The largest margin of victory in professional football, Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0.
    Just had to be a Scottish goalkeeper on the receiving end poor bloke. Makes half time Haffey's performance against England all those years ago pale into insignificance  ;).

Imagine Andrew Lornie (the Bon Accord Goalkeeper) having to endure a version of the Perry Sutcliffe song though
  • Fook,  even his family hate him!
  • RedChaser said:

Imagine Andrew Lornie (the Bon Accord Goalkeeper) having to endure a version of the Perry Sutcliffe song though
    Remember back in the day whenever a Scotsman asked you the time you used to say 9 past Haffey!

On the same day one of the Dundee teams also broke the scoring record, but by a slightly smaller margin. However, they got to the records office slightly later than Arbroath, and so their record score didn't register, simply because Arbroath were in front of them in the queue.
    35 - 0 on the same day
  • Bif IF i know

But if signs 

Oztumer whooooo
    Oztumer whooooo

Hes really fucking small
    He fucking hates millwall
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Bif IF i know

But if signs 

Oztumer whooooo
    Oztumer whooooo

He's not very tall
    He fucking hates Millwall
    Pretty good but slight amendment suggested to avoid repetition of the 'F' word.
  • Scoham said:
    Roland has a brother called Joe?
    He has 3 brothers Joseph,Jean-Pierre and Alain plus a sister Christiane.
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    Bif IF i know

But if signs 

Oztumer whooooo
    Oztumer whooooo

Hes really fucking small
    He fucking hates millwall
    Would also say your on the wrong thread ;)
    Its not flemish bond though! I'll get my coat....
  • The Arbroath goalkeeper smoked a pipe throughout the match.
  • seth plum said:
    The Arbroath goalkeeper smoked a pipe throughout the match.
    And he still managed to score a hat trick
  • Saw a post earlier suggesting that Duchatalet is on TalkSport again this morning.....can anyone confirm?
    Cheers.
  • Wasn't too sure that was a joke in relation to the Graffiti. Unfortunately, even if he is, Danny (I haven't got a good word to say about Charlton only bad things) is on there as well, so it will be pointless listening if he was. RD will spout of rubbish, JW will suck it in and DM will be wondering why we are all complaining. All I want to hear out of RD "I have sold the cloob".  Nothing else matters. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!